Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    TheShadow
    @theshadow
      • Total Posts: 23

Hello everyone!

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3000

@theshadow

Hi! I’m called RAE around here, but my brothers call me Ruee. Welcome to KP! Where you’ll meet insane writer people like me, and hopefully participate in chaotic rps that sometimes get wonderfully crazy!

To introduce myself, I’m a homeschooled sci-fi/fantasy writer working on her revision draft. I love horses, a lot, just so you know. Ummm…

Sorry, I haven’t introduced myself in a while, so I’ll cut to questions…

1. What is your fav genre?
        2. Who are your fav authors?
        3. Do you have a WIP?
        4. Who is your fav MC?
        5. What is your fav Latin motto?
        6. Why did you decide on your username (feel free to not answer)?
        7. Have you ever had the same foot stepped on seven times by seven different horses?

Welcome to KP!

Carpe Diem

Dulce periculum

Per aspera ad astra

#Justiceforsandwichclone
        #theclonesdeservedbetter
        #HugRikerSquad
        #HugHans

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1250

Hello!

I’m the Arcane Axiom. I love math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and I’m currently working on a universe with my sister called the Sceptrum.

Questions!

What is your favorite genre?

Do you have any projects? What are they about?

Any primary interests or goals with KP?

And last but not least:

What does 5 taste like?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

-GRCR-
          @grcr
            • Total Posts: 943

@theshadow

Hi!! Greetings from Burne!!

I’m -GRCR-! I’m a fiction fantasy-ish writer, an avid artist, a journalist for my fictional newspaper, and a character lover/creator that has over three hundred. I enjoy listening to music and imagining my characters singing the songs.

Welcome to KP! 😁

Here are some questions for you!!

What’s your favorite color?

If you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?

And, what song will always remind you of last year?

Well… that’s it from me. Hope you enjoy KingdomPen, and I’ll see you around! 🙃

“What be a cretin?”
            “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

TheShadow
            @theshadow

Hi RAE, nice to meet you! I think it’s really cool your homeschooled, I used to be homeschooled too! And horses are awesome, have you ridden/are you still riding them?

1. My favorite genre is either action/adventure, or fantasy, though I do enjoy a good mystery.
              2. Hm, favorite authors is tough. I would have to say JRR Tolkien (little generic lol), George MacDonald, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Edgar Allan Poe, off the top of my head.
              3. I do have a WIP currently, it’s a medieval adventure with a mix of fantasy, and I have been working on it for a month or two now.
              4. Man, that’s really hard, I have so many favorite MC’s! I really love Percy Jackson, Wirt from Over the Garden Wall, and Prince Valiant from the comics of the same name.
              5. Favorite Latin motto is either Deus Vult or Memento Mori.                             6. I chose this username as sort of a tribute to both my cat and my brother. My cat is named Shadow since my oldest brother suggested the name, and The Shadow is a noir comic book character that same brother really loves, and I decided on this name because I don’t really see my brother anymore.
              7. No, I have not had my foot stepped on seven times by seven different horse, but it sounds like quite the experience!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!

TheShadow
              @theshadow

Hello Arcane Axiom!

Your writings sound really thought provoking, and I think its wonderful you and your sister are working on a world together!

I like action/adventure, fantasy, and mysteries (as long as they’re unique).

Right now, I have one book I’m working on that’s kind of fantasy, but it’s set in the real world in the Medieval Ages so it’s also a type of quest/adventure.

My goal with KP is to receive critiques and advice on writing, as well as how to include Christ in stories too.

Finally, 5 would taste like Skittles, specifically lime. Interesting question, so here’s a related one: what would the internet taste like?

Nice to meet you too!

HighScribe
                @highscribeofaetherium
                  • Total Posts: 2212

@theshadow

Salutations! I’m Bridget or HighScribe. I’m a sword-appreciating homeschooled teen Christian writer. Don’t worry, I’d definitely not insane, probably.

I just got home and it’s late so I don’t have any newbie questions for you. I’ll see you around! Welcome to KP!

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

The Ducktator
                  @theducktator
                    • Total Posts: 205

@theshadow

Greetings! I am The Ducktator, also known as Abigail, ruler of a vast ducktatorship. I am 15, homeschooled, and a Christian writer of fantasy, romance, and other random harder to classify WIPs. I love reading, dancing, and birding, and I am obsessed with ducks and anything duck related. 🦆🦆🦆🦆 Here are some random questions!

Do you pour the milk before the cereal?

What is your favorite bird?

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? (This question is optional XD)

What are your comfort books?

Do you prefer real Christmas trees or fake Christmas trees? Why? (There is a right answer.😏)

Assuming you’ve played hide n seek, what was your best hiding spot ever?

Are essays fun, or a waste of good writing time?

Welcome!

Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.

TheShadow
                    @theshadow

Hi -GCRC-!

Three hundred characters huh? That’s amazing!! And I love the newspaper idea that’s so creative!

My favorite color is probably a nice light blue or sea foam green.

If I were going to write a new book now, I would start with characters because I like to get a feel first who I’m working with.

Hm, maybe one song that will remind me of last year is “The Masters Call” by Marty Robbins because of all the craziness of starting high school and everything that came with it.

Your questions have made me think of my own for you: do you have a favorite music genre and band?

Bye for now!

TheShadow
                      @theshadow

Hi HighScribe!

Nice to meet you!! Ha ha, don’t worry, no judgement. As writers, we can all get a little crazy sometimes lol.

In terms of swords though, if you could have any fictional one, which one would you choose?

Hope to see you around!

TheShadow
                        @theshadow

@theducktator

Hello Ducktator!

Ducks are fun creatures, any particular reason they’re your favorite?

To answer your questions, I pour the cereal before the milk. But to be perfectly honest, I usually have a cup of milk with my cereal (milk is like my coffee lol).

Favorite bird is a raven, since I like how scary smart they are.

I haven’t had a crush specifically, although I have thought certain characters were really cute. For example, Wirt from Over the Garden Wall for his unique personality, and Link from the Switch remake of Link’s Awakening for his adorable expressions.

Comfort books are Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin, Percy Jackson (only the first series), and The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (or any fairy tales or Sherlock Holmes mysteries).

I prefer real Christmas trees because they feel more authentic to Christmas and my family has always had one. I also love the smell, and going to buy a Christmas tree with my dad and younger siblings is a very important tradition with us.

Hm, best hiding place I’ve had is in my younger siblings closet or in my closet (lots of closet hiding at my house).

And lastly, depends on the essay. If it’s an English essay, then I think those can help with developing stronger language and grammar. If it’s a different subject though, then it probably won’t help with writing as much.

See you later!

-GRCR-
                          @grcr
                            • Total Posts: 943

@theshadow

Three hundred characters huh? That’s amazing!! And I love the newspaper idea that’s so creative!

Thanks 😁

Nice!

If I were going to write a new book now, I would start with characters because I like to get a feel first who I’m working with.

Oh, that’s a good reason!

Hm, maybe one song that will remind me of last year is “The Masters Call” by Marty Robbins because of all the craziness of starting high school and everything that came with it.

Ah, interesting. I’ve never heard that song before, I guess I shall have to go listen to it…

Your questions have made me think of my own for you: do you have a favorite music genre and band?

Ahh that’s such a hard question! I don’t know, I like a lot of bands and genres, lol. My top favorite genre is probably… either hard rock or k-pop (they kinda tie)… and my favorite band is BTS… heehee, them or Evanescence.

“What be a cretin?”
                            “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

TheArcaneAxiom
                            @thearcaneaxiom
                              • Total Posts: 1250

@theshadow

Your writings sound really thought provoking, and I think its wonderful you and your sister are working on a world together!

Thanks! I’d love to share anything if you’re ever interested!

I like action/adventure, fantasy, and mysteries (as long as they’re unique).

Cool! What kind of fantasy? Hard or soft worldbuilding?

Right now, I have one book I’m working on that’s kind of fantasy, but it’s set in the real world in the Medieval Ages so it’s also a type of quest/adventure.

So historical fiction? Or alternate history fantasy? Temeraire is an example of that, where it’s essentially the Napoleon wars reimagined with dragon riding.

My goal with KP is to receive critiques and advice on writing, as well as how to include Christ in stories too.

You’ve come to the right place! There’s plenty of places to post your writing, and there’s a lot of discussion on incorporating Christian themes.

Finally, 5 would taste like Skittles, specifically lime. Interesting question, so here’s a related one: what would the internet taste like?

Hmmm, like a cheeseburger, specifically McDonalds:) It can be fun to look at, and might even taste alright, but not the best staple.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

TheShadow
                              @theshadow

[quote quote=179175] @theshadow

Thanks 😁

Nice!

Oh, that’s a good reason!

Ah, interesting. I’ve never heard that song before, I guess I shall have to go listen to it…

Ahh that’s such a hard question! I don’t know, I like a lot of bands and genres, lol. My top favorite genre is probably… either hard rock or k-pop (they kinda tie)… and my favorite band is BTS… heehee, them or Evanescence.[/quote]

Oh nice, I haven’t heard of Evanescence but I’ll check them out.

TheShadow
                                @theshadow

(I’m not really sure how to reply to specific sections yet)

Thanks, I would love to hear more about your ideas sometime!

And in terms of fantasy, I like Lord of the Rings or Legend of Zelda type fantasies with a lot of lore. With world building, I like hard better than soft because  hard world building makes a world feel more real to me (soft is good too though!)
                                  My WIP is kind of like historical fiction, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with history. It takes place in a fictional country called Terre that’s in Europe, and the story takes place during the Crusades, but it’s not about the Crusades. Its a little hard to put into a category ha ha.

Oh and btw, a McDonalds burger is the perfect analogy for the internet lol!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >