Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@beth-torres Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to KP!!! It’s so nice to meet you💕

I’m FreedomWriter76 (but everyone just calls me Freedom), a Christian teen girl, Southerner, Homeschooler, music fan, Marvel nerd, and History buff who loves to write historical-fiction, especially WWII! I’ve been taking writing seriously for about 4 years now and have recently (only by the help of others and God!) submitted the copyright for my first WWII novel. I love to talk, and please don’t get scared away when I go on Marvel and History rants…I’m just super passionate😂

I still consider myself to be fairly new to this whole writing thing, and I am always willing to come beside everyone and learn the ups and downs of the writing world <3

I already see that you have a lot of questions, so I will refrain from asking any more.

I’m just so happy to meet you; I can’t wait to talk more! God Bless💕💕

Beth Torres
      @beth-torres
        • Total Posts: 334

@hybridlore

Lol. I’m not overwhelmed, I just take a long time to respond. I did mess the last text up because I forgot to tag the people I was responding to AND I totally responded out of order… Oops.

The Milana Legends… I think is YA, though it is a little confusing at a ton of points because there’s so many different things you have to remember while reading.

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

Beth Torres
        @beth-torres

@acancello

Hello! Thanks for the welcome and please forgive me for responding so late. All those things you said are so cool! I’m also homeschooled and I also enjoy trying new wierd food so I want to ask: What is the weirdest yet best food you’ve tried?

My favorite book series is probably a fantasy called the Milana Legends by Anna Travis. What is yours?🙂

I used to do archery, I’m still interested I just haven’t done it in a while. I also enjoy drawing, calligraphy, baking and riding my bike when I get to.

I honestly can’t give an exact answer of who often I write. I really love to write but I think I need to do it more often.

I do like all my characters, but I think the ones I really like would be these three sibling who are funny and adventurous. The oldest is very mellow yet is witty and can come up with funny statements. The middle sibling is so litteral that it’s funny, and the youngest is kind of in between and just trying to live his best life with his two bossy, crazy sisters. (Sorry, if that answer was a bit too long 😑)

I don’t have a blog. Do you?

Thank you!

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

Whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Total Posts: 2616

@beth-torres

Hi Beth!

I’m Whaley. I write superhero fantasy, and some of my favorite things are cartoons, hot chocolate as well! and the color pink :]

I’m not sure all the questions you’ve been asked, but I’ll try to ask original ones!

Ice cream or popsicle?

What is your dream vacation?

What is your least favorite genre? (People tend to ask the opposite, but this can also tell you a lot about a person)

If your friends were to describe your personality, what do you think they’d say?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Allison
            @acancello
              • Total Posts: 838

@beth-torres

Hi! Don’t worry about the late, response, it’t totally fine 🙂

Lets see… The weirdest food I tried would probably have to be a scorpion (It was in a lollypop) It honestly tasted like chicken, lol! What is yours?

I looove the Harry Potters, but my new favorite book is *dun-dun-dun* “The Westing game” By Ellen Raskin. It keeps changing though. 😀

I love archery! I also love biking. My penmanship is OK, I always though calligraphy was very pretty, but I dont think I could do it.

Your characters sound so great! (They are actually really similar to mine. 😀 The oldest brother is very serious and occasionally a bit funny, the middle is a practical joker and the the youngest sister is quiet and sweet.

I do have a blog! Its      acancello.blogspot.com     Just copy and paste the link since I cant make them work on here XD

Nice to meet you!

Beth Torres
              @beth-torres

@trailblazer

That’s cool! The mountain situation where I live is pretty much as you described. I live in the flat land of Florida.

I actually really like the WW2 time era. Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely look into it.

Anonymous

@beth-torres *jumps in*

I actually really like the WW2 time era.

*GASPS*

Same!!! XD

Beth Torres
                  @beth-torres

@freedomwriter76

Hello! That’s so cool! I think most of my brain space is full of sci-fi and fantasy stories. Marvel fan fictions totally play in my head every hour. Lol. I’d love to read your story! I think history is so interesting- like I said, the WW2 era especially.

It is nice to meet you to! Thank you!

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3213

@beth-torres

I’m super late to the party, but welcome to Kingdom Pen, Elizabeth!!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!

I have no idea what everyone else has already asked you, so I only have two questions for ya. 😊

1. If you could visit any country in the world, (if money, politics, time, etc, was no issue) where would it be? And why?

2. What is your favorite part about writing/being a writer?

Don’t mind the short post. XD Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Beth Torres
                      @beth-torres

@grcr

Hello! Nice to meet you.

Soo… I actually have no clue exactly how many characters I have. I do like to come up with characters, even if it’s just for the fun of it.

I prefer writing in first person. What about you?

And I think I come up with the world first… but I definitely focus on the characters way more.

Thanks for the welcome!

Random question: what’s your favorite song???

Beth Torres
                        @beth-torres

@thearcaneaxiom

Hello! Thanks for the welcome!

Okay… I think I’m between soft and hard worldbuilding. I like there being possibilities but I would think there has to be some sort of limit.

I’m honestly having a hard time thinking of the best concept I’ve seen…. what would you say is the best?

I’m still working on the creature part (with names and stuff), but I have the idea to just do normal-ish animals with freaky twists.

Okay, SOOO. I have absolutely no idea if “Yes it’s” would be correct, but I would definitely use it passionately until everyone else does because it sounds great. Lol. 😆

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom
                            • Total Posts: 1251

@beth-torres

Okay… I think I’m between soft and hard worldbuilding. I like there being possibilities but I would think there has to be some sort of limit.

Cool! Yeah, it’s a spectrum, and it can apply differently to different aspects of a world. Tolkien is a great example of this, because the world itself is made through very rigorous hard worldbuilding, yet the magic of the world is extremely soft. A good example of general hard worldbuilding is books from Brandon Sanderson, and a good example of general soft worldbuilding would be Studio Ghibli. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and can do very different things to enhance a story.

I’m honestly having a hard time thinking of the best concept I’ve seen…. what would you say is the best?

I can’t really say what “the best” is either, but nearly every concept from Brandon Sanderson I’ve seen has wowed me. Like Roshar, a world that is perpetually shaped by HighStorms, massive scale storms that washes over the whole continent from east to west. In the east, where the most damage is done, you see trees that fall flat on the ground, and grass that pulls into the dirt when hints of a storm come. The animals are all crablike, having think carapaces, including the Chasmfiends, essentially huge draconic crabs. In the west, where the storm’s strength is weakest after passing through half the continent, you see far more familiar flora and fauna, much akin to that of earth.

I’m still working on the creature part (with names and stuff), but I have the idea to just do normal-ish animals with freaky twists.

Interesting, so would this hint at some form of disfiguration from more natural creatures? Could such a thing happen to humans?

Okay, SOOO. I have absolutely no idea if “Yes it’s” would be correct, but I would definitely use it passionately until everyone else does because it sounds great. Lol. 😆

Lol, part of me was honestly hoping that you would simply respond by saying “Yes it’s”😂

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

-GRCR-
                            @grcr
                              • Total Posts: 947

@beth-torres

Hey! Sorry this is late!!

Soo… I actually have no clue exactly how many characters I have. I do like to come up with characters, even if it’s just for the fun of it.

lol Same!!

I prefer writing in first person. What about you?

I like to write in third. First is cool, though!! I just struggle with it…

And I think I come up with the world first… but I definitely focus on the characters way more.

I see. 😅

Thanks for the welcome!

😊 No problem!!

Random question: what’s your favorite song???

Oh man… thats soo hard… I really like Viva La Vida by Coldplay…. but I also like Bring Me To Life by Evanescence, Yet To Come by BTS, If You Love Her by Forest Blakk, and Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day.

How about you, what’s your favorite song?

“What be a cretin?”
                              “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Anonymous

@beth-torres

Hello! That’s so cool!

Aww, tysm!!! 💕

I think most of my brain space is full of sci-fi and fantasy stories. Marvel fan fictions totally play in my head every hour. Lol. I’d love to read your story! I think history is so interesting- like I said, the WW2 era especially.

Haha, those are good genres too though!! I would read more fantasy if it wasn’t so filled with things I don’t agree with😭😅. Haha, sameeee! I have wayyyy too many Marvel fanfictions, and I’ve only finished one of them XD (not including several short stories lol)

Aww, well thank you!! I’ ve shared snippets over the time I’ve been on KP, haha, and I could share a snippet with you if you wanted! (I especially love to rant about my characters 😂) It means a lot that you would want to read it💕🥰

Yes, History is so interesting! And yessss, especially WW2!!

It is nice to meet you to! Thank you!

You are sooooo welcome!💕💕

Beth Torres
                                @beth-torres

@savannah_grace2009

Sorry, I had a typo and couldn’t edit

*any instruments.

Sorry, I saw it and it drove me crazy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >