Greetings, earthlings

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, earthlings

• This topic has 39 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    HighScribe
    @highscribeofaetherium
      • Total Posts: 2230

@whalekeeper

Say what??

DO IT NOW.

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2623

@highscribeofaetherium

Dude it’s not a bad series, but I was starting the school year at the time, and just couldn’t concentrate on bunnies XD

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

HighScribe
        @highscribeofaetherium

@whalekeeper

wHaT cOuLd PoSsIbLy Be MoRe ImPoRtAnT tHaN bUnNiEs?!?!?!?

Jk lol.

Lydibug
          @lydibug
            • Total Posts: 100

WAIT @whalekeeper AND @highscribeofaetherium YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT BUNNIES, BECAUSE BUNNIES ARE THE BEST!!!

Happy unbirthday every one!
            "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME..."

HighScribe
            @highscribeofaetherium

@lydibug

I KNOW.

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 375

[quote quote=150626]Now for my questions: Do you lean towards soft or hard worldbuilding? (Soft meaning more open ended possibility, vs hard mean more defined rules for the readers to follow.) What is your favorite idea or concept you came up with in any of your WIPs? What is your favorite idea or concept you’ve seen someone else come up with for some story? And last but not least: Is the existence of chairs a fundamental aspect of reality, or are chairs simply constructs of our minds, and the only things that truly exist are the particles that make them?[/quote]

1. Well, hmm… I lean towards hard worldbuilding in terms of what my readers need to understand, but I keep expanding, adding new elements, and messing with readers’ minds in different ways.

2. Favorite concept I made up: That’s gotta be my system of interdimensional travel and relics. It’s sort of like, the dimension the story takes place in is special because little bits of other dimensions are in it. These little bits, like jewels and swords and things, become relics, and take on magical properties when out of their home dimension. Also, certain metal keys unlock certain books that open portals to different dimensions. One dimension works time backwards.

3. Favorite idea from someone else: Talking animals and non-talking animals in the same world, with talking animals being superior to non-talking ones (I got that from C. S. Lewis)

4. Hmmm… Our senses interpret the shape of the wood, and our brains tell us that we can sit on it, and connect that piece of information with the idea we know of as a “chair”, identifying it. In the ultimate sense, there is no such thing as a “chair”, that is just the name we humans give for the arrangement of wood with a backrest that we can sit on. I think that would fall under your second option.

Otherworldly Historian
                @otherworldlyhistorian
                  • Total Posts: 217

@calyhuge

1. How many modes of transport have you operated? I have flown a single-prop plane, piloted a private boat, driven a normal car, and driven a manual transmission truck.

I have only driven a (automatic) car. I do know a guy who has a plane license though,

2. Do any of you have any interesting pets? My pastor has a lizard.

I have two dogs.

3. Do y’all play Minecraft? If you have, what is your biggest accomplishment in-game?

I think that I will answer this question backwards. My biggest accomplishment in Minecraft is using a combination of buying so much stuff from the marketplace/making an unholy amount of worlds in my Minecraft game that it crashed and now takes over an hour to load up. To answer your second question I haven’t played Minecraft since.

4. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?

Mountains all the way. I despise sand.

Through darkness,
                  light shines brightest

Allison
                  @acancello
                    • Total Posts: 838

@fab

21 pilots are great, I haven’t listened to them in a while though, now I’m totally into One Republic! I just looove all of their songs! Whats your 1st favorite band?

Faith
                    @fab
                      • Total Posts: 150

@acancello yess I like One-republic a lot, my favorite band is 12 pilots, but my favorite of all time isn’t a band it’s a lone singer, his name is Dayglow.

But do you remember?
                      August, honey, you were mine

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 375

@otherworldlyhistorian

That’s funny that you caused Minecraft to crash! Funny lag story: One time, I created a small server, and me and a couple friends were messing around. One was in survival with infinite totems of undying, and I was in Creative. I started encasing him in TNT to try to obliterate him, and he helpfully used /fill to put millions of TNT around him in a cube. I, unwitting as I was, lit a TNT. For the next 10 minutes, we waited for all of it to blow up. It created so much lag that we got bored and exited after the fourth round of explosions. As far as I know, it’s still exploding.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >