Greetings, earthlings

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Greetings, earthlings

• This topic has 39 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 375

Hello, fellow writers.

It is I, Calvin. I was introduced to this site by a writer I know. I have already written a fantasy book (still polishing it up) and was talking with her about it when she told me about this site, particularly about the forum page where you put your characters in a high school with other people’s characters. That idea appeals to me immensely, so I have decided to check out this site. So far, I like what I see. If you are interested about my book, here’s a quick summary of sorts: It is written in two parts, a short, Grimms-Fairytale-like version, and a longer, more modernly styled version. I would give more information, but 1) I may have some copyright issues with my story that will need to be sorted out, and 2) if you didn’t know the story, you would be more inclined to buy it if I publish it. I specialize in sarcastic, annoyed, indignant characters –  so if a certain wizard starts insulting your character’s mother, don’t be surprised. I’ll try to keep him under control, but there’s only so much I can do. In all, I will seek to glorify God in all that I write, both here, and in my private writing life. To Him alone be the glory.

In Christ,

Calvin

Folith-Feolin
      @folith-feolin
        • Total Posts: 310

@calyhuge

so 👋,

I’m Folith-Feolin, I am a game-playtester, thespian, robotics person, game developer, and avid reader.

So some helpful tips, your book sounds like something that would do well in the modern publishing market based off of some of what has done really well in the last couple of years. So about your copyright question anything older than about 1920 is public domain meaning that it does not have a copywrite on it. (You can use it for whatever you want without needing any permissions)

so some questions

What’s your favorite musical?

Do you prefer clear cut heros or morally ambiguous heros?

what is your favorite book?

Otherworldly Historian
        @otherworldlyhistorian
          • Total Posts: 217

@calyhuge

Hi.

I’m Otherworldly Historian (on here, not in real life). I am related to someone who posted on this forum (not you, don’t worry).

I am a avid tabletop gamer, history nerd, fantasy reader and (obviously) attempted writer.

It is cool that you have already finished your fantasy novel and it seems structurally interesting.

Also if you don’t know people ask new people questions (its a thing): 🙂

1. Favourite historical period?

2. Favourite food?

3. Favourite game (video or tabletop)?

Through darkness,
          light shines brightest

Allison
          @acancello
            • Total Posts: 838

@calyhuge

Welcome! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I’m homeschooled and  I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 🙂

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

Hope you love KP!!

Smiley
            @smiley
              • Total Posts: 2179

@calyhuge

Hey!!!!! I’m Smiley (my real name is Miley) I’m a Christian homeschooled girl who loves writing. I’m currently writing four stories three are fanfiction and the other one is my original novel which is a sci-fi dystopian Christian book. I also love softball exercising and stretching, and I’m also a Marvel fan girl.

Favorite book?

Do you have a WIP? If so what is it about?

Favorite movie?

Favorite show?

Do you like Marvel?

Have you written any Fan fics?

Do you make Aesthetic boards?

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

HighScribe
              @highscribeofaetherium
                • Total Posts: 2230

@calyhuge

Bold of you to assume I’m from earth, buddy 😎

I’m the High Scribe of Aetherium. I write fantasy and my brain WILL NOT STOP PUMPING OUT WIP IDEAS!!!

I will ask you my traditional question. It is of the utmost importance.

Is a hotdog a sandwich??

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

hybridlore
                @hybridlore
                  • Total Posts: 1359

@calyhuge

Hi!! I’m hybridlore, a Christian homeschooled teen girl and writer. I love reading, dogs, and music, I play the violin, and I mostly write science fiction, but currently I’m working on a contemporary story.

What’s your novel about?

What are your favorite books?

Is the glass half full or half empty?

Anyway, welcome to KP!! I hope you like it 😉

There is always light behind the clouds.
                  - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

hybridlore
                  @hybridlore
                    • Total Posts: 1359

Some tags! @esther-c @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @livingwoodchronicles @mineralizedwritings @fab @euodia-vision @whalekeeper @princesachronicles @lydibug @anyone-else-I’m-forgetting 😭

There is always light behind the clouds.
                    - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Faith
                    @fab
                      • Total Posts: 150

Ello Ello mate @calyhuge my name is Faith but you can call me FaB, Fay ect.

Do you like video games? 😃

(I do)

But do you remember?
                      August, honey, you were mine

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 8156

@calyhuge Hello, Calvin, and welcome to KP!!!! I am FreedomWriter76 (or just called Freedom), a Christian Teen girl, homeschooler, Southerner, Music Fan, History Buff, total Marvel nerd, and recently…even a Tolkien fan

What can I say…I like a lot of things 😂😂

I have a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction…and I could probably talk about my WIPs and WWII for hours….so let’s not go there, shall we? 😉

My brain is half dead from watching a puppy a lot…and from writing and reading and asking somebody else a bunch of questions…so…uh, here’s one question: Who’s your favorite character form your WIP?

Anywho, again, welcome to KP, Calvin, and God Bless!!! 💖💖

Anonymous

That’s very helpful and I will keep that in mind.

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3213

@calyhuge

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Calvin!!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!

Your WIP sounds really interesting!! I’d definitely read it!

And we’d love to have you join the school RP! (Speaking of which… I should probably pop back over there and do something with my charries… XD)

Now for some questions!

1. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?

2. If you could have any mythical creature as a pet, what would it be and why?

3. Tell me about the villain or antagonist in your story. (Or your favorite if you have multiple. 😉 )

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Euodia
                            @euodia-vision
                              • Total Posts: 1306

@calyhuge

Heyo mate! Welcome to KP!

I’m euodia.vision., or just Euodia. I’m a homeschooled junior (technically senior now that summer is here XD), a fantasy writer and reader, a lover of all things Middle-earth, a Marvel fangirl, a person who’s always wanting something mint or grape favored, and a girl who has a passion for Jesus!

1. Is this writer who introduced you to KP active on here? (I like figuring how who knows who XD)

2. Lord of the Rings, yay or nay?

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Anonymous

I’m going to try (again, my first try got deleted by accident when I was almost done) to answer all the questions here

1. Favorite Musical: Phantom of the Opera

2. Characters: I prefer clear-cut

3. Favorite Book/Book series: It would probably be a tie right now between Wingfeather Saga and Green Ember Series.

4. Favourite Historical Period: Mid-1800s, when men’s fashion peaked when everyone wore hats

5. Favourite Food: I can eat anything that isn’t an olive or a raw cherry tomato

6. Favourite Game: Minecraft, hands down

7. Sport: I run cross country and enjoy it too

8. Writing Frequency: I write in most of my spare time, expanding and filling out my story

9. If WIP stands for “Work In Progress”: Yes. I’ll explain later

10. Favorite Movie: Bad Guys (you know, the animated kids movie)

11. Favorite Show: If anything, a Canadian slapstick show called Grizzy and the Lemmings. If you don’t know what it is, check it out. It’s hilarious

12. Marvel Opinion: As a franchise and a company, Marvel is too slimy for my tastes. However, the two (that’s right, 2 with a t) movies I’ve watched (Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse and Captain America: The First Avenger) were very enjoyable, and I hope to watch more older Marvel movies in the future.

13. Fan fics: I have no idea what those are, but probably not. (Side note: Thirteen is a very influential number in my story)

14. Aesthetic Boards: Come again?

15. Hotdog: I would have to say it is a hybrid, because it is meat in one piece of bread, but the bread is split down the middle.

16. My Novel: My story is about a young princess “trapped” in a tower who embarks on a journey to defeat a half-dead evil queen and free her land from a embargo-like curse. Along the way, she picks up a bundle of knights, a few faeries (that’s right, faeries, not fairies.), and, of course, a prince who just happens to be her age and just happens to have already been her best friend before the queen turned him into a rat (oops, was that too much of a spoiler?). She also meets some interesting adults along the way, most of whom are old, wise, and witty. Two words to describe the princess: “prickly”, and “hyperaware”. Two words to describe the prince: “Christlike”, and “swordfighter”.

17. The Glass: The correct answer is, it’s 100% full! (50% air and 50% water) But, if I have to pick one or the other, I’d say it’s half full.

18. Do I like Video Games: A bit too much than is good for me, if I am perfectly honest

19. Favorite Character from My Story: Hmmm… I think I have to say the princess because she’s so bitingly sarcastic (I try not to relate to her too much). I really should say the prince, since he’s the moral beacon of the story, but I didn’t so there

20. Weirdest Food: An applesauce cake without applesauce in it

21. Mythical Pet: If we’re going by my story, I would choose the Plodder, mainly because all the other creatures are either human-like or they want to eat you. If we’re going by everything, I’d choose a giant duck because it can swim, fly, and walk.

22. Villain: There are two main villains: the undead queen (who doesn’t really count because she’s only half-there) and her evil wizard henchman. I think the evil wizard is much more interesting. His backstory is kind of ridiculous. He turned to dark magic because his mother, assuming he would never be noteworthy, named him “John”. John now is trying to become powerful enough to impress is mother enough to change his name to something better.

I think I got all the questions, so here are some for all of you:

1. How many modes of transport have you operated? I have flown a single-prop plane, piloted a private boat, driven a normal car, and driven a manual transmission truck.

2. Do any of you have any interesting pets? My pastor has a lizard.

3. Do y’all play Minecraft? If you have, what is your biggest accomplishment in-game?

4. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?

I am excited to have my characters join the high school – and maybe even get the evil wizard’s good twin brother to teach “Magic Relics Class 101”!

HighScribe
                                @highscribeofaetherium
                                  • Total Posts: 2230

@calyhuge

I LOVE WFS AND GREEN EMBER!!!!

Your WIP sounds awesome!!

Um… I’ve steered a pontoon boat. That’s it 😂

I have a cockatiel, but that’s not too weird.

I play Minecraft a bit. My brothers and I once built a huge arena. That was pretty cool. You??

Ohh, I like both!!

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >