Good Morning!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Good Morning!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
    @william-starkey
      • Total Posts: 634

I think we’re supposed to be talking about writing *looks over shoulder*. Uh *cough*, I should really be writing right now, but I’m totally worn out.

Selah CJW
      @selah-chelyah
        • Total Posts: 245

@leon-fleming

Lol! And sorry, I disappeared there… XD  Why are you worn out? Just ’cause so much writing lately? How many years have you been writing, btw?

*looks over shoulder* Ah, they’re slower than we are anyways, so whatever.

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah Hey, that’s okay; I disappeared for the day! Well, no, not really; I’m on this job with my Dad and older brother. We’re on this job making a French drain (don’t worry, I don’t expect you to know what that is; I just learned myself XD) and a concrete slab for various reasons. But the drain consists of a trench that wraps around the house, gradually sloping down as it goes. So far, we’ve got one side of the house done; tomorrow (Friday) we’re gonna try to finish the other side of the digging. Both sides meet up at this pump (which I had to dig a really deep hole for), and when water from rain or whatever fills the very large container up, the pump pumps it out to the street. We had to put this in because down where the house meets the ground, those are the low parts of the property, so all that water (with their old system) was causing some problems with their house, not to mention flooding. But this trench (after we add a layer of black felt, and a thick gravel layer on top of a long yellow tube with holes in it for the water to seep through; the black felt wraps around on top of the gravel) will gather all that water and drain it down to that pump thing. But anyways, I’m groaning like an old man! XD

This is about a three-week project and we usually will be working in eight-hour days, so I’m thankful for every section of poetry that I get out. I may have to re-schedule somethings, which stinks, but, HEY! I AM getting paid pretty good money for this, so that’s great.

Weellll…I’ve been writing since I was eleven and I’m fifteen now, sooo…that would place it at about four years. I didn’t really know what I was doing at the beginning, but gradually the ideas began growing and growing…ugh, I still have those first drafts of that old chapter that began the fantasy of my fantasy world. I can barely read them. XD

How long have you been writing?

Selah CJW
          @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

I guess that post was okay on a writer’s forum bc of the last part, eh? XD

I agree, I can hardly read my own old writing, even from a year and a half ago when I first drafted the first 10 chapters of OOTA. Lol. Awfulness! And I started when I was fourteen, so five years-ish.

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah Totally. XD

Cool; I’ve spent most of my time writing poetry, and working on my fantasy world. Not much writing of any manuscripts. I’m working on those now.

Selah CJW
              @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

That’s cool. I’ve mostly done tons of outlining + setting up plots, characters, research, etc, for about 20 diff books I want to write. XD And actually writing parts of a grand total of 3 of them, ish… Lol!

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah Totally agree. *nods head* That is, with your first point. As for your second point, I fail to see how it related AT ALL with your previous twenty-six points. I mean, come on! Cheetos have nothing whatsoever to do with etymological and typological agreement! I know you get emotionally caught up with the books you read, but seriously: you’ve gotta get your head outta the clouds, Selah. This is really gonna drop your economics grade, and I might have to fail you. You gotta work on this.

Speaking of feathers, have you watched The Greatest Showman? Because somebody’s playing music from that movie REALLY LOUD in my living room.

Selah CJW
                  @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

Ahem! I was speaking of books I’m writing, not reading, Sir Fleming! There is rather a major difference there, though you may not be aware of that fact… Economics grade or not. And since when were you an economics professor, may I ask? And head in the clouds, my good sir, excuse me, professor! Really now! The clouds are much too damp- I contracted consumption the last time I tried that. Rest assured I am not so foolhardy as to continue the idea at the moment.

Speaking of feathers? The only correlation I could think of between said objects and TGS would be the one’s in Zendaya’s…excuse me, Anne’s hat. As in the Philips-parents-glaring-at-him-so-he-drops-her-hand scene? Yes, I like that movie a lot, though, no I have not seen the entire thing due to living with my family. XD

Selah CJW
                    @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

And I laud the unsaid family member blaring it- it belongs on a high volume of music projection! Have you heard the instrumental/karaoke versions as well? They’re beautiful, too. 🙂

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah Oh, yeah, wrong thread. I was talking to somebody totally different who had the exact same name as you. Funny how that happens, right? XD

Okay, GOOD on the clouds. That could seriously develop into a serious life-long health problem. Speaking of diseases, foolhardiness comes hand-in-hand with both of those. So it’s not to far-fetched that your foolhardy, ya know? No offense or anything of course.

Oh, you got that correlation, huh? Wow, I didn’t think you’d catch it. I guess there is a spark of genius in there somewhere. *gives you a noogie* No comment.

Oh, yeah, I like the music, too. I might have heard those, but I really don’t know.

Selah CJW
                        @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

*sideways glare*  Um, yeah, very funny how that happens, indeed! Ahem.

Yeah, totally. Except I was not implying that I have health affects from that, just temporary sickness only. For your clarification, sir! No offense… *sniffs*

XD I got it, alright. I suppose I should feel honored by the fact you think I have the slightest spark of genius, but I’m afraid that doesn’t yet describe my current state of feelings. Pah!

You should! I’m listening to them right now, now that I got it on my mind. Lol.

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah *steps away briefly* *trying sorta hard-like not to laugh but failing miserably*

XDXDXD

Trust me, I know things. I have a doctorate in fantasy illnesses.

Hey, that’s okay. *pats you on the back* Nobody’s perfect.

Lol! (Laughing Obnoxiously Loud) XDXD

Selah CJW
                            @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

Hey, he does laugh! Lol. I do to, for the record…

Doctorate in fantasy illnesses, eh? Wow, what does that qualify you for, if I may deem to ask you? So Leon Fleming, D.F.I.? If so, I should at least have a D.H.I. for all the historical illnesses I’ve studied! XD

Whew! So glad to be reassured that I’m not actually perfect. Sometimes it can be challenge to think of them, you know? ‘Cause they’re so glaring that you can only see them, and then sorta somehow forget they’re even problems? But that is mightily relieving- it’s stressful trying to be perfect.  *sigh of happiness*

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah No way at all possible! Really? XD

Oh, you know, I help out my characters if I feel like it. It’s kind’ve a lax job. Sometimes I let ’em die; one less person to worry about.

Glad to be of service. Here’s a bucket of ice water.

Selah CJW
                                @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

Yeah! Glad I told you that remarkable fact about me, aren’t you?

XD To worry about? More like to die for!

*shivers under icy drenching*  *pops back up* Ah, much better, thank you much, prof!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >