Fortitude: Chapter Two Reading Request

Home Page โ€บ Forums โ€บ Fiction Writing โ€บ Critiques โ€บ Novel Critique Requests โ€บ Fortitude: Chapter Two Reading Request

Tagged:ย ,

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 Yay!! I canโ€™t wait!!! Girl, you deserved the support! This story is fantabulous!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Wyn Rose
      @wyn-rose
        • Total Posts: 57

@writerlexi1216 Sorry for the late reply, but Iโ€™d love to read it when I next have time! (After I go back and read the first chapter, of course!)

Alexa Autorski
        @writerlexi1216
          • Total Posts: 1011

@Gracie-j

Thanks, Gracie!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I deeply appreciate it!!

@wyn-rose

Aww, thanks for offering to read it, girl!! And thereโ€™s no rush at all!! I think I posted a link to the first chapter here, but if not, tell me and Iโ€™ll send it again ๐Ÿ™‚

ella
          @nova21
            • Total Posts: 604

@writerlexi1216

Hey Lexi!!ย  Iโ€™m kinda late, but Iโ€™ll read this in a minute and give you some feedback soon!!ย  Super excited!!!!ย  Three cheers for being brave!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜‰

what we do in life echoes in eternity
            -gladiator, 2000

ella
            @nova21
              • Total Posts: 604

@writerlexi1216

I love this sooo much!!!ย  Great job, Lexi!!! ๐ŸŽ‰ย  To answer your questions,

1)ย  I really like Cairaโ€™s character, especially her internal monologue!!

2)ย  Yes, I would!!!ย  I really love the idea of the โ€œProdigyโ€ and Deekโ€ฆ I mean, what else is there to say?

3)ย  I think the pacing is great!!

Great job!!!!! ๐Ÿ’›

what we do in life echoes in eternity
              -gladiator, 2000

Alexa Autorski
              @writerlexi1216

@nova21

Awwww, girl THANK YOU!! Your feedback is super helpful (and encouraging, as always ๐Ÿ™‚ ) Thank you for taking the time to read it (because I know my chapters can be looooong)!!!! Just a million thank yous for this AMAZING feedback!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ <33333333

Ribbonash
                @ribbonash
                  • Total Posts: 97

@writerlexi1216

1.ย Are my characters likable? I just wanted confirmation that Caira was, in fact, interesting.

Yeah, all of them are (so far). Yes, Caira is interesting! I enjoyed being in her head. ๐Ÿ™‚

2.ย Is the story engaging? If you were in a bookstore, would you keep reading? Does it keep you hooked?

100%. I would definitely keep reading!!!!! YES, the second chapter got me more hooked than the first one!

3.ย Is the pacing all right?

I think so? Iโ€™m not good at judging at pacing since I can read all sorts of pacing fine. Nothing seemed really off or wrong at all.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Ribbonash.
                  Alexa Autorski
                  @writerlexi1216

@ribbonash

Thank you so much for the feedback!!! The comments you gave were immensely helpful, and thank you for taking the time to read through my, er,ย lengthyย chapters ๐Ÿ™‚ Yay, Iโ€™m glad Caira was interesting, and Iโ€™m even more glad you were hooked!!!! *wipes sweat off forehead* And Iโ€™m also glad you thought the pacing was good. Thank you!!!

Ribbonash
                    @ribbonash
                      • Total Posts: 97

@writerlexi1216

Youโ€™re welcome! Iโ€™m so glad they were helpful! Iโ€™m fairly new at giving feedback, so itโ€™s good to know that Iโ€™m fairly good at it and I can be helpful rather than just plain critical. It was my pleasure! I loved every second of your lengthy chapters!

Katherine
                      @mkfairygirl
                        • Total Posts: 549

@writerlexi1216 Hi!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I saw you had tagged me for your story, so I came over here. Then I saw where you had posted the link to the first chapter. All this to say that I just read Ch. 1 and it was awesome awesome AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Literally, there are not enough words to describe how amazing it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hooked from the very beginning! And I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deekโ€™s cool โ€“ he kinda gave me a Flynn Rider vibe.๐Ÿ˜‰ I love seeing Deek and Caira together!!!!!!! I am so going to read the next chapter next chance I get! Your writing is incredible, girl!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                        Fall in love with Jesus

Alexa Autorski
                        @writerlexi1216

@mkfairygirl

Girl, you just made my day!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Thatโ€™s soooooo sweet of you to say!!! Iโ€™m SO HAPPY you were hooked and that you love my characters!!!!! That means the absolute world to hear such positive feedback ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ YAY!!!! And thatโ€™s totally the vibe I was going for with Deek ๐Ÿ˜‰ I was super nervous about posting my writing, but it makes me feel 1,000 times better to hear that everybody likes it!!!! And I hope you like the second chapter too!!!! You just made me smile soooo big!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Katherine
                          @mkfairygirl
                            • Total Posts: 549

@writerlexi1216 I just read Ch. 2!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ Like, where was this story all my life!!!!!!! It is my new favorite book!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Deek!!!!!!! I love all your characters and I am soooo hooked on the story!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I relate a lot to Caira! The pacing was incredible!!!!! Iโ€™m over here wondering whatโ€™s going to happen next!!!! I CANโ€™T WAIT TO READ MORE!!!!!!!!!!

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                            Fall in love with Jesus

Alexa Autorski
                            @writerlexi1216

@mkfairygirl

Katherine, THANK YOU!!! Iโ€™m SO HAPPY youโ€™ve enjoyed reading my chapters!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Seriously, you made my day (and week!!!) Iโ€™m over the moon that so many people are interested in my story and my characters (because I was SUPER nervous it wasnโ€™t good!!!!) Aww, Iโ€™m so glad that you like Caira, because I tried to make her relatable in many different areas (I feel like this gets better as the story goes on), and DEEK! YES! Deek deserves his very own fan club ๐Ÿ˜‰ And pacing is something I was nervous about! THANK YOU X 1,000 for this super awesome feedback!!!! <3333333

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >