Fortitude: Chapter Two Reading Request

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Fortitude: Chapter Two Reading Request

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Alexa Autorski
    @writerlexi1216
      • Total Posts: 1011

So, I’m back again, and I’m trying super hard not to be nervous posting my second chapter. All of you gave such supportive and helpful feedback (thank you x 1,000 again!) and said you wanted to read more! This chapter is a bit slower, and it answers some old questions as well as gives new ones *evil grin* I like to keep things mysterious 😉

Anyways, I did have a few questions I’d like to ask after y’all read this:

1. Are my characters likable? I just wanted confirmation that Caira was, in fact, interesting.

2. Is the story engaging? If you were in a bookstore, would you keep reading? Does it keep you hooked?

3. Is the pacing all right?

I appreciate all you lovely folks reading/critiquing this for me! This is my first novel ever, so sorry if it’s a little rough… I’m really trying my best 🙂

You can find the second chapter here. Also, I’m sorry for any grammatical errors. I’ll tag some random people below.

@issawriter7
      @gracie-j @scripter-of-kingdoms @nova21 @hallie-jean @lewilliams @joy-caroline @devastate-lasting @scoutfinch180 @my-grumpy-cat-Jasper

Issabelle Perry
      @issawriter7
        • Total Posts: 976

@writerlexi1216

YES, YES, YESSSSSS it’s HERE!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down* I cannot wait to read the next chapter!!!!!!!! I’ll probably be able to get to it tomorrow morning!!! It’s gonna be sooo hard to have to wait until I get a spare moment, but as soon as I do, Imma heading o’er here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down* *my family gives me crazy stares at why I’m so excited* *ignores them and continues dancing and jumping up and down and squealing with excitement*

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
        TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
        @writerlexi1216

@issawriter7

Aww, I’m so happy that you’re gonna read it!!!! It means a lot 🙂 And that’s TOTALLY FINE, girl!! Take all the time you need! I look forward to your feedback! *also jumps up and down* *ignores everyone else* *happy dances* I’m really glad I finally came out of my shell to share this with you guys!! I was sooo nervous!! 😀

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@writerlexi1216

I just finished reading chapter 2 and I LOVED it!!! As for questions 1, 2, and 3… YES! Definitely! It was so good!
            And (literally keeping myself from screaming XD ) I finally got to meet Newton!!! I love him so much already!
            First novel? This story is simply epic! I’d LOOOOOOOVE to read more! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀  😀

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216

@Abigail-m

THANK YOU!! I’m so happy that you enjoyed it (and were hooked)!! Your feedback means so much to me, and it’s very supportive 🙂

Ah, YES! My boyyy Newton has made his first appearance!! (also trying not to scream because I fangirl over him way more than I should XD) Obviously this was ‘friendly’ Newton. The next time you meet him….. it’s a whole lot different XD And GOSH I’M SO HAPPY that Newton has so many fans!!

Thank you!! Your encouragement really makes me smile! 😀

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j
                • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 I had plans for tonight. I would have carried them out had your post not caught my eye (I nearly overlooked it).

However, I hath found thee. And, in my finding, I have relinquished all plans over to the grip of feverish excitement.

I can’t wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216

@Gracie-j

YAY!!! Thanks for offering to read!! I always look forward to feedback 🙂

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@writerlexi1216 I don’t know if I can offer much! I find I’m reading this more for pleasure! 🙂

Alexa Autorski
                    @writerlexi1216

@gracie-j

Awww, thank you girl!!! <33333 That means soooo much to me!!! 🙂

Kads
                      @scripter-of-kingdoms
                        • Total Posts: 765

@writerlexi1216 Hey! Sorry I took a while to respond to this XD. I promise I WILL read this, I’m just a bit busy right now, but wanted to let you know I WILL read it. I am very excited to!!! <33333

staring at the fields
                        if nothing's really real
                        i'll make the winter now my home

Alexa Autorski
                        @writerlexi1216

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Aw, girl don’t worry about it!!! <333 Take your time 😀 I really appreciate that you’ll read it for me! Your feedback is super helpful 🙂

Gracie J.
                          @gracie-j

@writerlexi1216 You’re so welcome!! 🙂

Linyang Zhang
                            @devastate-lasting
                              • Total Posts: 1700

@writerlexi1216 Just finished it! Left a few notes here and there. I think you did good! Caira is quite interesting, and I would like to find out more! I think that the pacing is good for a novel.

Can’t wait to see more!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                              Would you mind letting me know
                              If hours don't turn into days

Alexa Autorski
                              @writerlexi1216

@devastate-lasting

Awww, thank you! 🙂 I appreciate it the feedback (it was super helpful, so thank you!) Pacing is something that can be a little difficult for me, but I’m glad you think it’s good *wipes sweat off forehead* This is my first novel, so I’m really glad for all the feedback 😀

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting
                                  • Total Posts: 1700

@writerlexi1216 Of course! I remember when I was writing my first novel too, haha…long time ago. Oh, the memories…good luck!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                  Would you mind letting me know
                                  If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >