Fortitude: Chapter Two Reading Request

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Fortitude: Chapter Two Reading Request

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Alexa Autorski
    @writerlexi1216
      • Total Posts: 1011

@devastate-lasting

Thank you so much! 🙂 I may need it… lol

Alexa Autorski
      @writerlexi1216

By the by, if some others wanted to read it, I’d really appreciate the feedback! I may tag a few more people (because every smidget of feedback is helpful for a first-time writer!) 🙂

Obviously you’d have to go back to the post of my first chapter… It’s a lot of fantasy, so if that’s not your thing, just ignore this 😀

@jenwriter17
        @kayleigh-idea @ribbonash @wyn-rose @daisy-torres @mkfairygirl @godlyfantasy12

Issabelle Perry
        @issawriter7
          • Total Posts: 976

@writerlexi1216

I ADORE this chapter soooooo much!!!!! Like WHERE do I even begin????

1. YESS!!!! Your characters are soooooo awesome!!!!! Deek’s probably my fav. Just saying. XD

2. YES!!! I’d HAVE to keep on reading ’cause there’s just soooo many questions and I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!

3. The pacing is PERFECT!!! I LOOOOVED this second chapter (if you couldn’t tell already 😉 ) and if you share anymore, I’d be more than happy to read it!!!!!!! <333 You’re doing AWESOME!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
          TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216

@issawriter7

YAY!!! Thank you, Issa!! Your feedback is SO HELPFUL and SUPER SUPPORTIVE!! 🙂

I’m really glad you like Deek!! *whispers* If I’m being honest, I’m starting to love him more every time I write him! But don’t tell him that, ’cause he’d probably kill me XD

WOOHOO! I’m super happy to hear that the mystery/suspense is good! I tried to build up a ton of questions in the first couple chapters, and then slowly explain them throughout the rest of the story. And there’s a few plot twists sprinkled here and there… 😉

*pumps fist in the air* PACING, I HATH CONQUERED THEE! Ugh, pacing is so difficult for me sometimes, so it’s really great to hear that it was perfect!! *wipes sweat off forehead*

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for the amazing feedback!!! 🙂

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 So…haha. I really don’t know what to say.

Well, first things first. The only thing I noticed was that you only had a space between each scene. My suggestion (just a suggestion; not everyone does this) would be to center * * * in between each scene. I always like having a physical divider between scenes, makes the transition smoother, but that’s just me.

Second things second (that sounds weird). You lapse into a few “telly” moments, so I’d just keep an eye on that!

Now, for the worst part…I think I creeped my sister out by fangirling all afternoon. Seriously! What takes most authors thirty years of practice to do, you have accomplished with two chapters at fifteen! Deek and Newton are SPECTACULAR! I love absolutely everything about them, and I can’t wait to keep reading!!!! Gurl, you have a talent most writers don’t! Within two chapters, I have fallen for two guys! And that’s not a common occurrence for me (believe it or not). I’m draw to the older, gruffer types (believe that or not XD), so when I discovered that my heart had been stolen by not one but TWO teenage boys, I was quite shocked! Stupendous job, my friend! Stupendous!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Ribbonash
              @ribbonash
                • Total Posts: 97

@writerlexi1216

Oh, I would love to this! But where do I find the first chapter?

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216

@Gracie-j

THANK YOU, GIRL!! 🙂 And yes, I did plan on having a divider between them to smooth out the transitions (that must’ve slipped my mind). And *sheepish grin* I have a habit of ‘telling-not-showing” so thank you for reminding me! *flees to Google Docs to edit*

Yay!! Girl, that’s AWESOME!! I’m so happy that you’ve fangirled over them 😀 It makes me feel a lot better because I’ve fangirled way too hard over the years! Thank you! I’m really glad you’ve enjoyed reading my book (seriously). For a first time writer, it means the absolute world to hear so much supportive feedback! And it’s really helped me to learn a lot 🙂 I never expected to love Deek and Newton as much as I do…

Alexa Autorski
                  @writerlexi1216

@ribbonash

Aww, thank you for offering to read it! It’s my first novel (and first chapters) so I still have a long way to go, but I’d love any feedback you have! Here’s my first chapter 🙂 Thank you so much!!

Jean Coul
                    @hallie-jean
                      • Total Posts: 167

@writer1216

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait to read it!!!!!!! I promise I’ll read it as soon as I find a chance!!!!!!! I’m writing my first novel too!!! So don’t even worry about it, girl!!!!!!

Proverbs 16:2

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216

@hallie-jean

Awwww, THANK YOU for being so willing to read/critique it!!! Your feedback is super helpful!!! My chapters tend to be pretty long, so take your time! 🙂 Wow, really? Awesome! *high-fives* FIRST-TIME NOVELISTS CLUB! Thanks for wanting to read it! 😀

Jean Coul
                        @hallie-jean
                          • Total Posts: 167

@writerlexi1216

AHHHH!!!!!! Sorry I just realized I spelled your @ thing wrong!!!!!! So sorry about that!!!!!!! I’m seriously so excited to read it though!!!! MUST. FIND. TIME!!!!!!

Proverbs 16:2

Alexa Autorski
                          @writerlexi1216

@hallie-jean

It’s no problem, girl!!! 🙂 It’s hard to keep up with everyone’s @ things anyway (what even are those called???) I’m very happy that you’re going to read it!! I’m already looking forward to your incredible feedback!! WOOHOO!! 😀

Linyang Zhang
                            @devastate-lasting
                              • Total Posts: 1700

@hallie-jean @writerlexi1216 (Psst….helpful tip…just copy/paste from underneath everyone’s username on the left…I do it all the time…)

Lately, it's been on my brain
                              Would you mind letting me know
                              If hours don't turn into days

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 You are so welcome! I have had the most fun reading these chapters! I simply cannot wait to read the finished product!!!!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Alexa Autorski
                                @writerlexi1216

@gracie-j

Thank you!! Gosh, that means the absolute world to hear!! 🙂 I can’t either, lol! I’m approximately 30,000 words into it, and I’m aiming to finish it by the end of 2021! But I couldn’t have been this brave to share it had it not been for y’all’s support 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >