Endings

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Hannah C
    @hannah-c
      • Total Posts: 362

@daeus lol! I hadn’t heard about it till you mentioned it so I decided to check it out. Its a pretty cool place.

HC

Sarah Hoven
      @sarah-h
        • Total Posts: 669

@Hannah-C Oops, I meant Counted Worthy. I should have clarified that. 🙂 Wattpad sounds neat; I’ll ask my parents to check it out for me. Thanks for explaining it!

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@sarah-h Unfortunately, Wattpad isn’t the safest place in the world, but I think it can be used and enjoyed if done carefully. My two concerns are that a lot of the books on there look like junk and there doesn’t appear to be much to say what can’t go on a cover, or at least the website is just bad at filtering that stuff. The good news is that you never have to see any book covers while writing and publishing your own works. The forums are also completely safe in that regard. In fact, the forums are where I eventually found some authors to check out. I checked under “spirituality” and there were some threads by christian authors looking for other christian authors. I found some people there and somebody mentioned this Christian authoress who I checked out and found two other Christian authors that she recommended. I bet there are threads for Christian authors in every genre.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah C
          @hannah-c
            • Total Posts: 362

@sarah-h no problem! But as Daeus said there are a lot of junk books to watch out for so it might be best if you search specifically for a book instead of scrolling through they’re suggestions. Also, I just took a look and Counted Worthy is not on there. 🙁 But Animal Farm is.

Sarah Hoven
            @sarah-h
              • Total Posts: 669

Wow, thanks for the warning! Yeah, I’m not allowed on sites like that. Sometimes this culture we live in is so … annoying. Oh well. Thank you so much for telling me.

Mallory O’Bier
              @overcomer
                • Total Posts: 550

Hello! I have nearly no idea whatsoever what y’all are talking about, but somebody invited me over here, so … I thought I would investigate. Are we actually discussing endings?

If we are, maybe it would be fun if everybody named a book whose ending made them mad?

I’ll go first: Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell. It’s no spoiler to tell you that this book has no end. In fact, I really, really wish someone had informed me of that fact before I read it. It’s not the most entertaining book, and pretty much all the enjoyment I expected to get out of it all hinged on the resolution … which never came. I’m still bitter about it after several years of complete and satisfying novels. 😉

I sincerely hope that after I am dead, nobody takes my unfinished work and tortures readers with it! :/

Not that I fully condemn the idea of completing another person’s work. I just don’t exactly approve of it, if you know what I mean.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >