Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2581

@loopylin

A lot of people in Hunger Games just try to survive in the wild. It’s a forest setting with rivers, animals, berries, tons of hiding spots. Join if you want! ☺

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2017

@whalekeeper Whoa how’d you do that tiny smiley face

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Whaley
        @whalekeeper

@loopylin

I can’t see the tiny face on my end anymore! I only saw it while typing, and it changed into a yellow emoji! *grumble-kerfuffle noises*

Here, I’ll bless you with that which I cannot see.

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

LoopyLin
          @loopylin

@whalekeeper

*small gasp* so tiny and cute 💕

Whaley
            @whalekeeper

@loopylin

<3

And about the explosives, those definitely exist in the simulator. I learned that the interesting way. I put my characters in, and Seb blew up three people in the first five minutes. O.O

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@whalekeeper

Ok I’ll do Dante. He’s my go-to when I’m indecisive. Which is always. (I just spent way too long staring at a list of all my characters, lol)

You already know his personality and stuff. I’m pretty sure he’s a type 7.

other stuff:

• has a belt of a few small explosives
                • can’t swim and hates water in general
                • more likely to run away or use tricks instead of just fighting someone
                • when he does fight, he fights like a cornered animal

Anything else I should tell you?

LoopyLin
                @loopylin

I just put my characters in the simulator and Lois just right away killed Felicity as soon as he got a weapon. No hesitation. I’m not sure if I find this upsetting or hilarious.

(Also, @whalekeeper I now realize that they don’t start out with their own weapons so ignore what I said abt the explosives)

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper

@loopylin

You already know his personality and stuff. I’m pretty sure he’s a type 7.

Huh. I figured Dante was a type 7, but it’s funny because teen Seb is probs a type 4, and I think people would assume the opposite of that. I’m not saying the two are similar, because besides the pyromania they definitely aren’t. But the way those motives can be written – seemingly something because of personality and comparison but super different – are cool.

*me randomly nerding over a tiny thing* XD

I’m not sure if I find this upsetting or hilarious.

Tbh I put some of your charries as placeholders, to try out how it would look with say two characters each, and Lois and Fel won (I put them together as one tribute because I couldn’t decide). I think they stabbed the last person in their sleep.

Cloaked Mystery
                    @jonas
                      • Total Posts: 2624

@whalekeeper

Ooh, fun!

(What is this “simulator” you’re talking about?)

I think I will submit Rina, since you already know her from the RP. Personality-wise, I don’t think I can say anything that you wouldn’t have already picked up from watching her, but I can give you a detailed description of all of her abilities:

• Enhanced physiology: Rina is stronger, faster, and more durable than a normal person. (Probably no more than 2x as strong and fast.) To give you an idea of durability, she could fall several stories without breaking any bones (and if she fell from higher and did break bones, they would heal very quickly.)
                      • Accelerated healing: Rina heals from most injuries very quickly. For cut-based wounds, here are some examples: a papercut would take about 5 – 10 seconds to heal entirely. A very serious one might take up to a day. Broken bones also heal fast. Depending on the size of the break, it could also take up to a day, but most would be in the realm of under 10 minutes. However, the more injuries she sustains, the slower each one is going to heal, and it takes magic energy (Resonance) to do that.
                      • Crystal generation: Rina can generate blue crystals, which are extremely durable. There are two main uses for these: forming weapons and gripping/holding things. For weapons, Rina utilizes these in three ways: first, simply encasing her fists and lower arms in crystals to hit harder. Second, the same thing, except with crystal blades extending forward from her hands (parallel to her arm.) Third, to reinforce her sword (more on that below.) Rina doesn’t use crystal blades much, because she prefers to use her sword. You saw her use crystals to hold something in place in the demon fight in the RP. It’s pretty straight forward: crystals grow from her hands to encase the person, making it hard to escape from her grip. From there, she can generate more to further restrain them. She does have to continually be touching the crystals, however, or else they will disintegrate within seconds.
                      • Resonance of Teleportation: Rina’s main ability is the power to summon portals. These take energy to open and maintain, so she usually only opens one for a few seconds at a time. One thing to note is that the back side of the portal is actually a barrier of energy. These aren’t as useful as they sound, because if they are hit hard, it will cause the portal to collapse pretty easily. Just note that each portal is one-sided. (I probably don’t need to note this, but gravity does not pull through portals. Objects are only affected by gravity on the side of the portal they are on. Other than that, portals work exactly as though those two points in space were connected.) I realize I’m making this pretty complicated, so if you can’t remember all of it, that’s alright. She is also able to create subspaces, which she uses to store her sword. When she opens subspace, it looks like a normal portal, except that it is entirely dark inside. It takes constant energy to maintain a subspace. If she runs out, everything in the subspace will be spat out nearby. (I should also note that her portals have a fairly limited range. Probably around 100 feet or so.
                      • Energy requirements: technically, all of Rina’s abilities run on a type of energy called Resonance. She can’t get this outside of her own planet, but she can store a good amount inside her. I’m not sure how you’ll want to do this. Obviously, you’ll want to have some limitation on the amount of her abilities she can use, but if she actually runs out, she has basically no chance. You could just have her be a bit conservative with her energy, or you could actually make it so she can run out. Enhanced physiology barely uses any energy. It just automatically activates if she has any and uses it up very, very slowly. Crystal generation and portal creation both take a decent amount. It’s hard to give any exact numbers on how much of either she could do. I’ll just say that she has enough energy for fifty or so portal pairs if they’re all a foot and a half in diameter and only stay open for 5 seconds. That’s also assuming she isn’t doing much crystal generation. When it comes to creating weapons, you probably could ignore the energy cost, as it isn’t going to be very significant. If she generates a bunch to hold someone that could easily take up 5 – 10 of her portals. (Hopefully this isn’t too complicated either. I’m just trying to impose some proper limits on my character.)

So, that’s her abilities, but I do have a couple more notes:

Her sword, which she calls Sliver, is designed to allow Rina to generate crystals to reinforce the weapon, so she typically will generate crystals whenever she is ready to fight with it. As mentioned before, she keeps Sliver in a subspace, from whence she can summon it via a portal.

A note on her combat style: she a lot of times uses portals to extend the reach of her attacks, redirect enemy attacks, and move quickly to confuse her opponent(s). She also uses portals to launch herself. By opening a portal below herself, she can use gravity to accelerate her, but then come out of a portal oriented in a different direction, gaining horizontal speed. She can also surprise opponents by taking a hit in order to get close, since she can heal from it.

Last, I’ll just do a strengths/weaknesses:

Strengths:

• She has great reach.
                      • Her fighting techniques are unusual, and thus hard to adapt to.
                      • She can heal most wounds quickly.

Weaknesses:

• She has a limited amount of energy, which she needs for her abilities.
                      • Somone could take advantage of her portals if they were quick enough, but for most people it would be hard to analyze the situation quick enough.
                      • She can be a bit reckless.

That’s all I can think of for now. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. Sorry it’s so much!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                      ✨ Magic System Creator
                      🎭 Character RPer
                      📚 Appreciator of Books

Cloaked Mystery
                      @jonas

Oh wait, I just saw that they don’t start with weapons, so you can ignore the Sliver part. Shouldn’t matter much for her, since she can generate them from her hands, lol. I tried to post a pic, but they aren’t working. You probably don’t need it anyway, but if you do want one, I posted one in the “Character Adventure” RP a while ago. (Should be near the beginning.)

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                        ✨ Magic System Creator
                        🎭 Character RPer
                        📚 Appreciator of Books

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3202

@whalekeeper

Wait, so other people are saying they don’t start with weapons? Now I’m confuzzled. 😑

Okiii, anyway, I’mma tell you all about Ev in as short a post as possible. 😁

On MBTI he’s an ESTP. He’s cocky (kinda prideful), he can be tender towards those he loves (but I guess those people aren’t in this so it doesn’t matter? XD), he’s impulsive and pragmatic, can be kinda stubborn, doesn’t take life too seriously (at least on the surface), and he ignores or pushes aside criticism. I think he’s a type 8, but I’m not 100% sure.

He’s 5’ 11’, has dark brown eyes and thick, dark brown hair typically swept to the side. If you need reference pics, just look up Froy Gutierrez. (I’m not sure if I spelled his name right, but you might know who I mean, lol.) Any pic of him with dark or brown hair looks like Ev so much it’s crazy. XD

Andddd, I think that’s it. Lemme know if you need anything else.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

LoopyLin
                          @loopylin

@whalekeeper

Oh yeah, that would make sense with Seb’s random moments of existentialism XD

*me randomly nerding over a tiny thing* XD

It’s cool, though! I’ve recently got into enneagram types and it’s really interesting and helpful for writing character motivations

I think they stabbed the last person in their sleep.

Hehe nice. One old version of Felicity was an assassin, so that kinda fits, actually.

Cloaked Mystery
                            @jonas

@esther-c

I just saw that @loopylin said that. But I don’t know for sure.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                              ✨ Magic System Creator
                              🎭 Character RPer
                              📚 Appreciator of Books

Cloaked Mystery
                              @jonas

@highscribeofaetherium

I think you should enter Zahlin. That would be funny.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                                ✨ Magic System Creator
                                🎭 Character RPer
                                📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
                                @highscribeofaetherium
                                  • Total Posts: 2212

@jonas

WHO HATH SUMMONED ME??

Ohhhhhhhh… 🤣🤣 alright.

Aww, no sword 🙁 oh well.

Lemme type up his info… ⌨️

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 223 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >