Character Castle!

Viewing 15 posts - 6,706 through 6,720 (of 6,789 total)
  • Author
    whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 3141

@rae

Barnes

With Reid directing, Barnes swept through multiple passages and rooms, and made sure to get an idea of the layout.

It wasn’t worth saying, but she liked the decor. Rich greens and oranges lined the inner rooms, sparkling against the surface of glass trinkets. Delicate paintings, stained with dust, barely portrayed more than impressionistic dreams.

They reached the room. Barnes gazed up at the fresco. “Do you hear something above us?”

@theshadow
      Would you like to join our group? :]

“Everything is a mountain”

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 4721

@rae “that one time” lol

yeah that’s happened to me before….not sure if that’s a good thing or not

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

RAE
        @rae
          • Total Posts: 3556

@keilah-h

wait, what were you reading?

I was reading Root Canal Cover-up by Dr. George E. Meinig.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

RAE
          @rae

it affected me so much i stopped at chapter six and remember the date of its first printing, 1993

I have the 2006 printing

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@rae I can imagine that would be rather disturbing lol

pro tip: NEVER read medical textbooks at 11:00 at night when you’re really tired, and that’s coming from someone who reads them for fun during the daylight hours.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@whalekeeper I find the weirdest stuff interesting lol

also your profile pic bruhhhhh

that’s too funny

RAE
                @rae

@keilah-h

Wait, MEDICAL TEXTBOOKS!!!!! No way! What ones do you have?

I don’t have any actual medical textbooks, but I have First Aid and Personal Safety from the American Red Cross, 1973, and Gray’s Anatomy twenty-ninth American edition plus some more just random books like Root Canal Coverup.

Sadly, I’ve been able to do very little reading in them so far cuz of school.

Ya know what’s really creepy? Mosby’s Medical Dictionary. I had to look up medical terms for school when I was twelve and that book is illustrated! Even Cgecko thought it was creepy. I now use a pocket dictionary that was reprinted in 1963, but the copyright goes back to 1898 instead of that creepy thing.

RAE
                  @rae

@theshadow

Yes, plz come join us!

I love your charries already!

whaley
                    @whalekeeper
                      • Total Posts: 3141

Yeah and @keilah-h @theducktator if y’all want to sidle on over with your characters, that’s fine too. Whatever you want!

“Everything is a mountain”

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@rae Just a few high school ones. My favorite is by a Christian author and is called “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made.” It’s one of the few that I find okay to read at 11 at night lol

It’s an older one though.

Here’s the cover cause I think it’s cool:

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

and oof I feel you about the creepy illustrations. The worst I can remember is a depiction of increasingly worse burns in a dictionary of random ailments that I don’t remember where we got it.

TheShadow
                          @theshadow
                            • Total Posts: 305

@whalekeeper

Sure!

@rae

Thank you!!

Rowen

The lack of people was rather unsettling in the corridor, the dim light of the torches not helping to boost the mood. Odd. Rowen thought as he followed Emeline. This is all very… odd. “Is there anyone here?!” Emeline exclaimed, opening a door to a room and peeking in. There was no point in being silent, since they were clearly not any enemies in sight.

“Perhaps this place is abandoned.” Percival suggested as they reached the end of the hall and found some stairs leading down.  The three marched, in single file, down the winding staircase, as it was narrow with not much room. Rowen led, with Percival and then Emeline behind. “This all seems…” Percival let his voice trail off.

They soon reached the bottom of the stairs, listening. The sound of voices echoed from a room with a door partially opened, a glow of light coming from within. “Careful.” Percival whispered, backing against the wall and creeping to the door. “I will go in first to see if they are friendly.” Who cares about friendly? Maybe they know the way out of here and we can get information out of them. Rowen took out his dagger as Emeline did the same. “On my lead, we’ll attack.” Percival glanced back at him, “They may be allies.” “I think we should follow Rowen.” Emeline piped up, and Percival glared at her. “Of course. Listen, for once, I think we should be sensical-” “Coming from you, a stuck up, posh knight.” Rowen laughed. “You steal from the people I protect! You have no right to call me that, when you are nothing but a common thief.” Rowen shrugged. “Think up a more original insult. Maybe you can’t since your an oh-so-holy, pious knight.” Percival grit his teeth, “Do not even think about insulting my faith.” “Too sensitive to take a little insult?” Rowen smirked, and all the while Emeline tried to get them to quiet down. “The moment you try to make fun of my faith, your dead.” Percival threatened, placing his hand on his sword’s hilt. “Your really all talk and no action. Why don’t we fight instead?” “Fine.” Percival replied.

As the two drew their weapons, Emeline slunk back into the shadows. The people could now see them, and it wasn’t until they heard a cough that they noticed them. What are they wearing? Was Rowen’s first thought, and then, Great, blew my cover. Let’s just hope Percival was right about them being friendly.

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

The Ducktator
                            @theducktator
                              • Total Posts: 723

@keilah-h

Ayla

“My name is Crosshair.” growled the man. “And no, I would rather find a way out of here.”

I sighed. Typical boring adult. “Well, maybe we could find a way out while we go on a quest. Like, a secret passage full of deadly traps under a moat! I doubt you could get out even if you tried. It’s a well known fact that you can’t escape a fantasy world until the world is saved, and your arc is complete. We’re only at the inciting incident. Unless we’re side characters.” I really hoped we weren’t side characters. Their lives were too expendable. I should know. I’ve killed several myself.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

RAE
                              @rae

@keilah-h

Thanks! I’ll look into it

Wait, burns are the worst you’ve seen…lucky

@theducktator

I’ve killed several myself.

XD so relatable

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@rae lol yeah, I probably should be glad of that haha

Viewing 15 posts - 6,706 through 6,720 (of 6,789 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >