Character Castle!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 6,331 through 6,345 (of 6,639 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1428

@smiley @freedomwriter76

Alright, first quick descriptions.

Jayson Barans

Appearance: 5′ 10″, wavy brown hair, hazel eyes, lightly suntanned caucasian. 17 years of age.

Nationality: Canadian American. {Polish, Native, English, Irish.

Pastimes: cross country running, martial arts, books, viola, parkour, firearms.

Religion: Apostolic Christian.

Notes: Has a family history of espionage and special Ops work. Orphaned at the age of seven. Has spent the last decade of his life with his guardians at the Olive Tree School of Excellence. Has an astounding collection of bowties.

When not wearing the school uniform, is usually seen in jeans, a button up shirt, and a leather jacket. Wears specially designed running shoes. Was the primary research volunteer for the Sampson Serum (and is still developing unexpected effects, such as curling hair and restless leg syndrome. For a month.).

Raphael Cohen (last name subject to change)

Appearance: 5′ 9″ black hair, silver-steel eyes, olive tan complexion.

Nationality: American {Jewish, Ashkenazi/Sephardic-Mizrahi.

Pastimes: music, gym, reading, sciences, languages, weapons, culture assimilation.

Religion: Masorti Judaism (with Hasidic influence)

Notes: has family history in espionage/paramilitary work since WWII. Grew up going to Olive Tree School of Excellence where his father taught ethics, language, and combat classes.

When not wearing the school uniform, is usually seen in a button up shirt with a dark sweater vest and black slacks. Wears a black knit kippah and tallit katan with the Tzitzit tucked in.

Has only nearly destroyed the school labs twice with chemical malfunctions. Is the lead researcher behind the Sampson Serum Project and the Memory Emulation For Reroute Theory.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Koshka
      @koshka

@freedomwriter76 @smiley

These two are written in a style that is way not my usual limited omniscient view, part of the reason they’re now joining this castle. So if the voice jumps around a bit, blame Jay.

Jayson Barans

Long gloomy halls after long muggy stairways. Just a few minutes in this place and the dark ages were making a lot more sense–and that’s from someone who’s spent most his life in high security settings. I slid a hand over the stone work with a surge of creepy satisfaction.

Still, the durability of the construction was worth appreciating. If a nuclear experiment were to go terribly wrong here, evidence of the structure would still be left behind. Probably.

Beep. Beep. Bibity-beep.

“Still no signal?”

“Not even satellite.” Raphael groaned and slapped a hand over his wrist watch. “No signal, no coordinates, nothing.”

“So? We’re off grid. No supervision.”

“Yeah, and no backup.”

“Backup? We’re going to be seniors next year. We’ll be doing real hopscotch then. This is just practice.”

Raphi snorted and rolled his eyes. It was probably just the lighting, but he looked exactly like a younger Professor Elliot after one of my genius ideas saved the whole class from dying of boredom.

I leaned against the wall with a labored sigh.

“Stop acting like your dad. It’s starting to scare me.”

He glanced up, his grin glowing white in the semi darkness.

Bleeeep.

We instinctively flicked at our watches. A dotted red circle was quickly overtaking what had been a simple analog watch face seconds before.

“Would you look at that. Radar still works.”

Raphael tapped his wrist a few times, his grin morphing into a grimace.

“And we might be getting some company to celebrate.”

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@koshka Ahhhh, I love themmmmmm 😍 @smiley

Leon

Leon heard Marek speak, but he purposefully avoided discussion.

He wasn’t in the mood.

Wait.

He thought he heard a different voice.

One he didn’t recognize.

Leon stopped, and he felt Isaiah run into him. “Leon, what-?”

“Shh. I think I heard someone.”

Smiley
          @smiley
            • Total Posts: 2179

@freedomwriter76 @koshka

Eleanor

“Your sister is probably worried about you,” Eleanor teased, smirking at Marek.

“Shh. I think I heard someone.” Leon hushed.

Eleanor shared a glance with Marek and then prepared for a fight. They turned the corner and were faced with two guys. one held a gadget that looked quite odd.

“Who are you?!”  Eleanor questioned. Maybe it was bringing up her father or just that she wasn’t familiar with the place, but Eleanor felt more defensive now.

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Koshka
            @koshka

Note: we are still sorting out Raphael’s family history/denomination, so, besides knowing that they’re very observant, that’s kinda in the air. While he does end up messianic, he’s not quite there yet.

Koshka
              @koshka

@freedomwriter76 @smiley

Eleanor. XD

Jayson

“Who are you?!”

Civilians. Great. No firearms necessary. I latched my watch back on my wrist and scrunched my eyebrows at the young lady. Faint British accent, over aggressive manner. Probably scared out of her witts if I had learned anything in Psyc.

Raphael slid his hands in his pockets with a small gasp.

“Uh, hi.” He smiled, eyes ticking over the two older men. “I’m…Raffe. Raphael.”

I shrugged and held out a hand. “Jayson Barans. Sorry to startle you.”

Anonymous

@koshka @smiley (i almost tagged you as Eleanor😂)

Leon

One of the men looked over at Leon and Isaiah. “I’m…Raffe. Raphael.”

The other shrugged and held out a hand to Eleanor. “Jayson Barans. Sorry to startle you.”

Leon watched the two men with suspicion, eying them, making sure they wouldn’t do anything drastic.

He glanced at Eleanor, waiting for her to shake Jayson’s hand.

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 3875

@freedomwriter76 ok then!

ha, then I’ll just have to come up with something.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h Ok!

Alright, I’m gonna go on ahead and RP Riker leaving the group for now haha

Riker

They had to find food.

Maybe…maybe they’d be better off if they separated.

“Crosshair?”

“Yeah, Riker?”

“Can you and Feather watch Paxton for me? I think it’d be better if I scout ahead to see if there’s any food anywhere…the rest of you can search another way, and we’ll meet up later.”

“Shouldn’t someone come with you, dear?” Jennie whispered, her blue eyes full of concern and love.

Riker shook his head. “No. In case there’s anything dangerous, I’m going alone.”

Feather nodded, full of determination. “We’ll watch Paxton. Stay safe, Riker.”

Riker nodded. “Thank you.”

He released Paxton and gently set him on the floor, gently explaining as much of the situation as he could and dared.

Once he made sure Paxton was settled, he headed off, alone…deeper into the dimly lit castle.

(sorry if I talked as your charries too much!)

now we’ll have to figure out what to do with all the other people lol

Smiley
                      @smiley
                        • Total Posts: 2179

@freedomwriter76 @koshka

Marek

Eleanor looked at Jayson’s hand, but Marek knew she wouldn’t shake it. It was one thing for Eleanor to talk to a person it was another to have physical contact (outside of fighting) with that person.

Just as Marek suspected, Eleanor moved her hand away, she didn’t look mad or annoyed but instead just uncomfortable. She backed into the group of Leon, him, and Isaiah.

Marek jumped in and shook Jayson’s hand, giving an apologetic smile. “She can be kind of shy,” Marek fibbed.

“nice to meet you though, I’m Marek and that is Eleanor, Leon, and Isaiah.” Marek pointed to the group.

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Light
                        @lightoverdarkness6
                          • Total Posts: 1627

@loopylin @princesachronicle22 @rae I’m so sorry I took so long to get around to this y’all 🙁

Tyler

I blinked, racking my brain for any locations that matched Duvaal and The Sultaian desert, but couldn’t recall any.

But that’s not surprising. I never have been exactly good at geometry…

“I don’t think I’ve heard of that before,” I said quietly.

At that moment, a boy stumbled into view and suddenly froze as he saw our ragtag group. His hands were trembling as he and Jack conversed.

The boy stated his name hesitantly. “Kid Elwend, Young Warrior. Do any of you happen to know anyone named Kwin?”

I glanced around at my companions to see if they recognized the name, but everyone had the same blank expression.

“No, I’m afraid we haven’t met anyone named Kwin,” I said.

The boy’s expression fell and he nodded, staring down at his shaking hands.

“But we’ll help you find him, I mean, if you’d like us to,” I smiled.

#HugRikerSquad

RAE
                          @rae
                            • Total Posts: 3026

@loopylin @princesachronicle22 @lightoverdarkness6

Kid

“No, I’m afraid we haven’t met anyone named Kwin, but we’ll help you find him, I mean, if you’d like us to.” He smiled.

“Uh…no, I don’t need to find him now. I just was wondering if this was another one of his jokes, and if it was, I was going to kill him.” Kid became painfully aware his tremor was increasing. It used to happen only about twice a week, but now it seemed to happen twice every hour, and it drove Kid mad. Kwin would be very pleased to see this now. Kid crossed his arms to hide is violently shaking hands. It didn’t work as well as he hoped.

“So, if this isn’t one of his jokes, where are we? Are we still on Alick? Are we still even in the Wond Galaxy?”

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
                            Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

Koshka
                            @koshka

@freedomwriter76 @smiley

Jayson

Shy: being reserved or showing nervousness or timidity in the company of other people. The look on the girl’s face, Eleanor?, wasn’t exactly what I would call timidity. More…fear, fear that would rather stab me than shake my hand.

“Ah, that’s alright, I’ve been there before. Good to meet you, sirs.” I nodded to the men with a smile and leaned against the wall. You know, it’s hard to pull off the TRFL (Totally Relaxed and Friendly Look not the Totally Relaxed and Weird Look, which happens to be my natural state) and still come across as a normal human being, whatever that is. Especially when in some ancient hallway you’ve never seen and have no idea how to get out of.

Raffe turned to the two grown ups, his eyebrows scrunched in a perfect question mark. “Sir, I’m think we’re lost. Do you happen to know where we are?”

I mentally sighed. Maybe I should have been acting more on the Lost Lamb Model.

The group glanced at each other, attention turning to Raffe. Probably a good thing, seeing how well I did in Civilian Connections last semester. I took the opportunity to analyze them.

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3875

@freedomwriter76 not a problem! Nothing out of character as far as I can see.

Feather

Riker walked away from the group, setting Paxton down before he did. The boy didn’t seem to notice.

Feather sat down beside him to think.

Why had the castle sent them here this time?

All they’d done was wander, apart from the scattered skirmishes they’d gone through. It wasn’t like last time, where there was a specific enemy that’d taken over.

Weird.

She looked around at the other characters.

Quite an odd group to end up with…..

But there had to be a purpose to it, right?

(oh, and this is kinda random but I found what I’ll consider a face claim for Feather and her sisters. They’re all modifications to one basic character design. When pictures start working right, I’ll show you.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Koshka
                                @koshka

It KP acting really weird for anyone else? I can only access the forum via my notifications, and then only specific pages.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,331 through 6,345 (of 6,639 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >