Character Castle!

Viewing 15 posts - 2,956 through 2,970 (of 6,792 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4743

@godlyfantasy12 Okay then! So she’s not completely redeemed yet, but she’s starting to realize it?

@freedomwriter76 @koshka @elishavet-pidyon

Feather

“No…there are others besides…mammals. Birds, ocean life. Whatever animal there is, creature, there’s usually a shifter form to go with it.” the little fox-like creature explained. He seemed to be thinking of something…maybe remembering the rest of the species?

Feather nodded. “That makes sense. What other creatures live in your world? There are humans, obviously, and there’s you, and the shifters, and the winged humanoids we encountered earlier….” Here she rubbed her shoulder where the creature had thrown her into the wall. She was sure there was a bruise underneath her armor, but it wasn’t a bad injury.

Not like the other characters’…..

She opened her mouth to continue, but was cut off by a shout.

“And what would you know!? You’re not in this situation! You’re not me! I FAILED my brothers, alright!? I promised I would keep them safe, but no, I let them get hurt! You have no IDEA what I’m going through…so. Leave. Me. Alone.” snapped the injured man, whose name she still couldn’t recall.

The shifter looked startled, taken aback.

“What would I know?” came Crosshair’s voice, behind her. “What would I know?! I failed my brothers far worse than you did. I tried to kill them, several times. I consciously tried to end their lives!” His voice faltered. “And I–I very nearly did.”

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @koshka With four or so emotionally damaged characters, who thinks this might very well end in a yelling match? They’re kinda starting to show their traumatized sides….

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@koshka @freedomwriter76 @keilah-h hoo boy. Grimm’s gonna have to break this up… @elishavet-pidyon

Grimm

Leo erupted…

The fire and guilt in his eyes so familiar…

Grimm flinched but it was barely visible. He knew his friends probably saw it, but doubted anyone else did. He…he could see himself so vividly in Leo’s glare.

And then Crosshair…

“What would I know? What would I know?! I failed my brothers far worse than you did. I tried to kill them, several times. I consciously tried to end their lives!” His voice faltered. “And I–I very nearly did.”

Grimm’s heart thumped in his chest, the sound rising to his ears. His eyes watered, stinging. He gripped the locket on his belt loop, gritting his teeth, grinding them.

His breaths grew shallow, chest hurting.

He knew this feeling well…he’d experience it before.

Knew what it was associated with…

Panic. Pain. Guilt.

Mirella…

He was having a panic attack.

Once…he’d nearly had a heart attack…

He squeezed his eyes shut, standing firm, refusing to show the pain beating inside of him.

Grimm? Hey, wolf boy?” Fur tickled his neck, anchoring him to reality. The voice was a whisper. He opened his eyes, making his head hurt. Multi-colored eyes sat on his left side, Nyx perched on his shoulder, tails gently brushing against his neck. “Yeesh, thought we were gonna have to carry you for a second there…” His voice was so quiet he wasn’t sure if anyone else could hear but him. The fox acted like he didn’t care, but he could see the small crease of worry in the kit’s brows.

Grimm sucked in a breath, feeling another weight on his side. He glanced down, spotting Paxton gripping his leg.

“Wulf?”

Grimm gave a small smile.

He turned his attention back to Leo and Crosshair who were still staring daggers at each other, about to begin their coarse debate again.

To think…that attack had only happened in a matter of seconds…

“That’s enough! Both of you.” Grimm pushed Crosshair away, and glared at Leo till his eyes burned silver. “I don’t want to hear it, alright? So you both have baggage. We all do. Suck it up, and move on.”

He swallowed.

This coming from him? Really?

He sucked in a breath, a small smile and laugh flitting from his lips. Hm…perhaps he was a different person now…

Thanks…thanks to all of them…

To her….

“Look,” he looked at Leo, “Your brothers are alive. I don’t know everything you’ve all been through, I’ll probably never know, but everyone here has something we’ve gone through. And no one else’s is any worse then the others, got it? The same goes for you too, though…I’m afraid I don’t know your siblings…” he looked at Crosshair, who looked away.

“I’m sorry for anything’s that’s happened to you. Any of you,” Grimm glanced at everyone in the group. “But I think we’re far enough away from danger now. And we need to address the injured. Perhaps…in more ways then one.”

He glanced down at Paxton, ruffling his hair. He looks back at the group, studying their faces.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 Thanks, Grimm, for breaking that up so I didn’t have to watch Crosshair and Leo verbally shred each other……

(no I’m serious.)

@koshka
            @freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon

Crosshair

“That’s enough! Both of you.” snapped Grimm, the wolf shifter. “Look, Leo,” he eyed the other man as he said it, “Your brothers are alive. I don’t know everything you’ve all been through, I’ll probably never know, but everyone here has something we’ve gone through. And no one else’s is any worse than the others, got it? The same goes for you too, Crosshair, although…I’m afraid I don’t know your siblings…

“I’m sorry for anything’s that’s happened to you. Any of you, but I think we’re far enough away from danger now. And we need to address the injured. Perhaps…in more ways than one.” He looked down at Paxton.

As he’d talked, his eyes had gone from Leo to Crosshair. Both had tried to avoid eye contact.

Crosshair was still breathing heavily, ready to snarl something at the shifter. Feather put her hand on his shoulder, stopping him. “Hey,” she whispered. “You didn’t need to try and start a fight there. He’s been injured. I doubt he’s thinking straight. And the wolf’s only trying to help.”

He sighed. “Fine.” he muttered.

Feather looked around. “Anyone else want to argue? Because if not, we should really get going. Like Grimm said, some of us have wounds that need treating.”

Koshka
            @koshka
              • Total Posts: 1560

@freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12

All our poor charies! Seriously, authors can be cruel sometimes.

(The medical stuff in my books is not purely medieval. However, much of it is, so if something seems a bit weird, that’s probably why.)

The twins

Vulkasin seemed to have lost track of the conversations around him. Zlatan certainly wasn’t expecting what came. Those blackened corridors had just transitioned to lighter, higher ones. The cave-like cells below were gone.

“And what would you know!?” Leo’s voice shredded the air around them. “You’re not in this situation! You’re not me! I FAILED my brothers, alright!? I promised I would keep them safe, but no, I let them get hurt! You have no IDEA what I’m going through…so. Leave. Me. Alone.”

Zatan turned around. No...

Any passions could cause the heart to swell, bursting wounds afresh. Leo was going to kill himself.

Oh Maker…you know this man better even than himself. Take control.

The faces around them stood in an array of emotion. Joshua still held tight his brother, even as Leo demanded he leave him. And Grimm… Grimm looked as if he had just taken a blow from a battle-axe.

Then it was over, almost as quickly as it had started. The last words rang in Zlatan’s ears, but something felt off with them. ‘Suck it up’ usually didn’t help the problem, not in his experience. It didn’t heal the wound.

But it would have to do for now.

“Zank you, Grimm. Lady Feather. Now,” he gave Leo a quick look over. “Come.”

A few more steps brought them to a second passage and a door. Zlatan pushed it open, relief coming in sweet, fresh air.

A small, well lit room surrounded them in an instant, it’s furnishings nothing more than a long wooden bench and a broken stool. At least it seemed infrequently used.

He unpinned his cloak and laid it over the bench. It would make it a little more comfortable, but also hopefully protect against splinters. “Joshua, help your brot’er lay down.”

In a few year long minutes, and plenty of hot water, the wound was closed and Leo was somewhat comfortable, although exhaustion etched it’s way over the young man’s face.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

@koshka @freedomwriter76 @keilah-h btw everyone I hope y’all know Grimm wasn’t trying to be mean at all!! Tho the others may have taken it that way, he just wanted to diffuse the situation. He used to lead a rebellion and yes they were mostly full of children who didn’t know much and so he’s not the greatest at speaking to groups and doesn’t like leadership positions….

He does pretty well with children honestly, but not so much with his own age, but he knows they’ll all have to have an emotional pow wow later, he was just needing to kinda diffuse things for rn 😂

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12. I understand…but that doesn’t mean my characters do…heh…

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter heh….yea…

just know if they come after Grimm welp they’re gonna have a savage little fox who totally acts like he doesn’t care (but totally does XD) against them.

and an adorable little boy

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. I don’t think they’ll attack him…

KEY WORD: THINK. 

Heh…heh…yeah…

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

@koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76

Grimm

Vulkasin was skilled in his work. It took a while, but Leo’s wound was patched up rather nicely, considering what little they had to work with.

Still, Grimm couldn’t help but see the open wound on the man’s abdomen, bleeding out. Blood that ebbed and flowed, reminding him of a similar wound. On an all too familiar face.

Ah, Otsana…

He…he hoped she was doing well…She and Conan. The others…

The ones that had survived…anyway.

A quiver passed through him, making him stiffen.

What’s up Wolf boy?” Nyx’s ears twitched, lowered ever slightly, noses twitching.

Grimm cleared his throat, crossing his arms. He stared ahead, expression never changing. “Bad memories.”

Ah…yea…s-same…”

Grimm looked down. The kit’s brows arched as he stared at Leo, and then the bloodied pieces of cloth that had been used to help clean him. His ears drooped more.

Grimm sucked in a deep breath. He looked around again, at the sea of faces. Drew in on Paxton, who was clutching hope tight, eyes wide as saucers. He’d been watching, despite Grimm’s telling him not to, as if unable to take his eyes off the process.

Grimm sighed, “I think it brings bad memories for everyone.”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

Btw y’all…otsana is not a girlfriend 🤣 she was his friend and like right hand in the rebellion. She’s in his homeland helping Conan restore everything Kains destroyed, but she (SPOILER)

nearly dies in the book.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@koshka. @elishavet-pidyon. @godlyfantasy12. @keilah-h. Yeah…Reuben ran away with this one…heh.

Leo

“I don’t want to hear it, alright? So you both have baggage. We all do. Suck it up and move on.” Grimm said with a glare.

Leo met his eyes.

Grimm looked away, but before long turned back to Leo…talking…not that Leo heard a word he said.

A weakling…

…failure…

…mistake…

…troublemaker.

He always messed everything up.

Suck it up…suck it up…that’s what he needed to do.

What was he, a brat!? A baby!?

“Yes…and you’re a mistake…that’s for certain…failing your brother!? What kind of brother does that…?” A voice asked, rough. It took Leo a moment to realize it was only in his head…no one else could hear it.

But either way…it was true.

Zlatan turned to Leo, saying more, not that Leo heard any of it again.

They walked a little more.

They walked into a small, well-lit room.

Zlatan removed his cloak and set it over a wooden bench. “Joshua, help your brot’er lay down.”

Joshua nodded and did so.

He carefully laid Leo down.

Leo waited.

A few minutes, though they felt more like hours, passed, filled with hot water.

He took it with clenched teeth and clenched fists.

Suck it up. Weakling. Baby. Troublemaker. Good for nothing. Mistake. Failure.

Finally, it was finished, and the wound was closed.

Wolfgang was on one knee beside him, brushing his hair out of his eyes. “Are you okay Leo…?”

“Yeah…I’m good Wolfgang…don’t worry.” He replied with a forced smile, trying to convince his youngest brother.

Wolfgang slowly nodded. “Okay…if you’re sure…”

Reuben

Suck it up…suck it up…what good did that ever do!?

Maybe he shouldn’t be angry…at least a fight hadn’t broken out…but…still…something inside of him sparked.

“Shut it. Suck it up, boy.” Frida snarled. Reuben continued to sob. He couldn’t stop.

“Stop. Crying!” Frida yelled, hitting him, hard, causing blood to spurt from his jaw. He screamed.

Cried even more. He couldn’t help it…it hurt.

“Stop. Crying. Suck it up…” She snarled, slapping him again.

“STOP IT!” Leo yelled, running into the room, wrapping his arms around Reuben.

“Move, Leo…I’m teaching your brother a lesson.”

“Leave him alone!” Leo screamed.

Frida slapped him, even harder and harsher than she had Reuben, and Leo hit the floor. “Yell at me one more time, and I’ll give you a real reason to scream.”

Reuben’s fists clenched. (so…yeah…actually…Leo and Reuben’s relationship is very special…even tho it hasn’t been shown much yet…and Grimm may have accidentally awakened a beast…heh…)

Reuben straightened his shoulders and marched past some of the others, including Grimm, but he didn’t even look at him.

He got down onto one knee beside Leo, just as Wolfgang walked away, back to Paxton and…well…Grimm…not that Reuben cared anymore.

“Leo…?”

Leo turned to him with a grin. “Hey Rebel…” He whispered.

Reuben smiled. Leo hadn’t used that nickname in a long time. “Hey…how are you feeling?”

“A little better now that it’s closed…are you…alright?”

Reuben nodded and smiled. Grabbed and squeezed his brother’s hand. “Yeah…I’m good…” He lied, with a smile to convince Leo.

He faintly heard voices behind him, and he carefully listened.

He heard a sigh, then, Grimm’s voice; “I think it brings bad memories for everyone.”

Reuben laughed. Let go of Leo and stood, with Leo looking at him with a raised eyebrow. “…Reuben…?”

“You think!? Oh, nobody would have guessed! After all, you just said we all have our own pain, didn’t you!? And you thought sucking it up and moving on is going to fix that!?”

“Reuben…” Wolfgang whispered, concern and maybe…even…fear in his blue eyes.

“Do you think sucking it up is going to make the pain go away!?” Reuben snarled.

Joshua grabbed him around the waist, holding him back. “Reuben…calm down…” He whispered.

“And why should I!? Who does he even think he is!?” Reuben whispered, though it was still a snarl.

Joshua slowly shook his head. “Not now…not here, Reuben…” Joshua whispered, obviously trying to calm him.

But Reuben was too angry…confused…broken…to even care. Tears began to course down his cheeks, and he didn’t even try to stop them. “How could you say that to him!? Don’t you understand!? Do you even care about anyone!?” Reuben screamed, fighting Joshua’s grip around his waist.

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

@koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon

@freedomwriter76

OOF…. Reuben… 😭 I’m sorry Grimm didn’t mean to do that…but you’ve just hurt him too….

Nyx

“Do you even care about anyone!?”

One of the younger men was being held back.

Reuben.

Paxton gasped, eyes even wider now. He let out a cry, stepping back. Wolfgang gasped, turning to try and grab him, but the boy evaded his touch.

Nyx’s hackles raised.

Can’t be trusted…

Warning bells rung in his senses, canines bared. He glanced at his dark-haired companion.

Grimm’s face had grown pale as the moon, but his expression remained stoic as ever.

But Nyx could hear his heart. Ready to explode from his chest. Could feel the chemical shift inside. The kit’s insides churned, like they did all that time ago…

For Lyn…

November….

And Grimm once…

When they had attacks like these…

And one time…when it had tried to go further….for Grimm.

Nyx’s eyes widened, “Grimm. Breathe. Grimm!”

The man was still as stone, frozen, fingers laced around the locket on his belt.

Grimm!”

Nyx turned his attention back to Reuben, growling. He lowered his voice, stepping in front of the dark-haired shifter. He may have been small, but he wasn’t about to let anyone hurt his friends….

HEY! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU’RE TALKING TO. THIS MAN IS A HERO. HE’S FOUGHT HARD TO BE WHERE HE IS, AND NONE OF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO-TO…” Nyx was trembling now.

“Nyx.” Grimm’s voice was scratchy, tear-stained.

No!” Nyx screeched, he turned his attention back to Reuben, and the others, “You don’t know anything about any of us! You may have befriended Snow, but that doesn’t make you family. You don’t know anything! Grimm lost everything…everything! Most of us have! At least your brothers are still alive! Grimm’s sister is dead. You hear me? She’s DEAD.”

“Nyx!” Grimm’s voice was stern. Nyx jolted, gasping. He looked back, seeing Grimm staring at him. The fox lowered, frowning.

G-Grimm…I-I’m sorry…I…”

Grimm shook his head. “It’s…” He took a breath. “It’s fine. Forget it.” He knelt down, allowing the fox to jump on his shoulder. He turned to Paxton, smiling softly. He motioned for the boy, cuddled in a corner now crying. “Hey, it’s okay bud. Come on.” Paxton sobbed, running into Grimm’s outstretched arm.

“Maybe…we ah…better go, hm?” He glanced at Paxton, and then Nyx. His eyes roved over the now silent crowd, and then, the three walked past them.

Paxton glanced back at Wolfgang, tears still in his eyes, then clutched Grimm tighter.

“Wulf…? Are…are y-you Al-alright?”

“Don’t worry, Snow. I’ll be fine.” Grimm ran a hand through the boy’s hair, but the smile had left his face.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12

@koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76

anyone on?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12

@koshka @keilah-h @elishavet-pidyon yall on?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 2,956 through 2,970 (of 6,792 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >