Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 2,075 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 147

@godlyfantasy12 Aww, thankyou! No, I haven’t done anything else like that. I’m still new, getting the hang of digital art. That one…is the best I’ve done so far.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2794

@esther-c

Thanks!

@wilder-w

Looks awesome!

へびは かっこいい です!

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@theloonyone Hmmm…..

I’m gonna get slammed for this, but I prefer the sequel trilogy to the EU. Mostly because I was introduced to it first, but also because the sequels have “3 movies, then we’re done” while the EU is like “150 years later and we’re still fighting!!!” However, I do wish some of the stories from the EU were canon.

I do think the sequels were somewhat poorly written, though. But I liked the characters and wish they’d gotten a better story to star in.

I liked the original trilogy and see why many people like it, but those movies are just so OLD……

The prequels….Hmm. I like the character development in the Clone Wars a lot better, but that era will always be my favorite. Case in point (a real conversation with my brother from yesterday):

My brother: Why’d you make that hissing noise? Are you trying to be an icebreaker? [a genetically modified humanoid species he created which thrives in a cold environment]

Me: No, I just made a noise. No reason.

Brother: Good, because you can’t be an icebreaker. You don’t like the cold.

Me: And I don’t mind clones. [The icebreakers were once at war with the Republic in our headcanon]

Brother: Yeah, you love clones.

Me, flustered: No I don’t!

Brother: You love clones.

Me: *debates throwing pillow at him* (He was exaggerating, but yeah I got emotionally attached to half of the Republic’s army……..)

Oh yeah, and the side stories? Solo was cool enough, but now that they’re making backstory shows I think they shoulda waited and done that with it. That would’ve been interesting. And Rogue One? Don’t even get me started. I think that was my favorite of the movies (watched it seven times, only stopped crying at the end on the fifth)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

Also, though, I’ve heard good things about the Thrawn trilogy and kind want to read it, but haven’t got the chance to…….

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheLoonyOne
            @theloonyone
              • Total Posts: 404

@keilah-h

I definitely agree with the fact that the EU went on for forever, but I’m probably never going to read all the books so I don’t really mind. I like that there is a lot of lore, but you don’t need to know it all.

For the sequels… Rey was probably my favorite character and I didn’t like her much. They all just really annoyed me and didn’t seem … I don’t like them. However, yeah, if they had a better story and actual reasons for the things they did I would probably like them more

Yeah they’re old, but I like them. (I also enjoy movies much older. I just like good movies)

I like the prequel and I love the characters, but most of that is from clone wars, which I have been watching most my life. 😁Because of the Clone Wars Anakin I grew to love the movie Anakin.

Yeah… I love them all…

Rouge One was awesome, but I wasn’t a big fan of Solo. I love all the characters we have and would love more stories about them, but not with the stories we’re getting now (y’know…). And I would also love more new characters, but again, not with some of the characters and stories we’ve getting…

Yes… The Thrawn trilogy is great! Love it… And it has Mara Jade… She’s awesome 😂

Koshka
              @koshka
                • Total Posts: 1424

@starofthenorth

I’m a random thread stalker, so I just ran into your post two pages back. I’m also a more realistic style artist, so I wanted to answer.

For freestyle drawing:

• Doodle. Carry a small notepad (I prefer one without lines) and a pen or pencil in your purse or wherever. Doodle, sketch. Draw a line and see where it goes. I prefer a pen for this sort of thing, as since I can’t erase I’m forced to work ‘miatakes’ in and I think it builds accuracy. Remember, you’re just doodling; this isn’t supposed to be a good drawing.

For working with a perfectionist brain (because I have one too)

• Instead of working off of one reference picture, find several of similar things, and combine them into your drawing. That way the picture isn’t supposed to look exactly like any of the references, and you can make it more your own. This’ll also help with your freestyle drawing, as you will begin to picture an idea but still have a reference to work with.

For getting back into drawing:

• Change up your media. If you use mostly graphite, try out an ink pen. Even combine media’s, such as ink, gel, and watercolor in the same drawing.
                • Draw different stuff. If you draw mostly still life then try a portrait, or even illustrate a favorite book scene.
                • Most importantly, have fun. If you don’t enjoy what you do, you aren’t going to want to do it. Don’t push yourself too hard.
                • And doodle. On anything. I’m serious. Some of the funnest things I’ve drawn were on the side of a cardboard box.

This is just some stuff that has helped me, so it may not work well for you. =)

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@theloonyone Mara Jade! One character I wish was canon (although if they put her in now, she’d probably be all evil instead of turning good….?) In my extremely complicated Star Wars dragon headcanons, she is an existing character. And she’s a cool dragon too–probably a four-winged one….?

Yeah, I see what you mean about all of those. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate the original trilogy (it’s physically impossible to be a Star Wars person that does), nor do I hate any of the other movies….

I just found it a lot easier to get attached to the characters of the shows.

Oh, and on the subject of the sequel trilogy, I’m actually thinking of kinda rewriting it in my fanfic universe, with the same characters and basic plot but better motives and such…? Also actually exploring each MC’s backstory more and making them a bit more fleshed out, adding a couple new characters for fun, and taking out a few things I found to be annoying.

Erica
                  @starofthenorth
                    • Total Posts: 199

@koshka

Doodle. Carry a small notepad (I prefer one without lines) and a pen or pencil in your purse or wherever. Doodle, sketch. Draw a line and see where it goes. I prefer a pen for this sort of thing, as since I can’t erase I’m forced to work ‘miatakes’ in and I think it builds accuracy. Remember, you’re just doodling; this isn’t supposed to be a good drawing.

I should try that (and add to the collection of notebooks in my backpack)! I doodle in my history notes (mostly swords and hearts that contain my crush’s initials)  and church sermon notes (mostly squiggles).

And doodle. On anything. I’m serious. Some of the funnest things I’ve drawn were on the side of a cardboard box.

Hahaha, we moved this year and many of the boxes contain my artwork. Like the “table runner” (a guy running on a table) on the box that contained a table runner (like the fabric kind lol).

And thanks for the other advice too!

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

TheLoonyOne
                    @theloonyone
                      • Total Posts: 404

@keilah-h

I LOVE Mara. Yeah, they’d ruin her. But she’s canon in my head. 😁😂 It’s how it works.

Star Wars dragons… Cool! Is that what your Hunter-dragon is from?

Oh, and on the subject of the sequel trilogy, I’m actually thinking of kinda rewriting it in my fanfic universe, with the same characters and basic plot but better motives and such…?

Um, yes! Just rip apart the entire thing and rebuild it… I saw a video a while back that was pretty much that, except he never actually wrote it just came up with a better plot. So, yeah, that’s an awesome idea, I would love to hear your ideas!

Also, I just rewatched the Clone Wars arc where Ahsoka leaves the order… I might’ve cried a lot…

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12
                        • Total Posts: 6645

Total Posts: 863

@theloonyone
                        @loopylin @esther-c @freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6 @elishavet-pidyon @arien @starofthenorth @felicity @orielle21 @theloonyone @mineralizedwritings @koshka

FINISHED THIS ART PIECE YAY!!! I was soooo excited about this one!!!!!!

So I had obviously already knew from the base I wanted ma three bois!!! I honestly luv them all three together (four when u have Nyx!) I just love having all my guys hanging out and stuff. Gasp! I really need to have a point where maybe they somehow get separated from the girls and end up together in the castle or something 😂

Anyway!

Paxton is holding two water guns as he is a little boy and, well, doesn’t really need or want a real gun XD,

and November…Grimm wouldn’t trust him with a real gun (and neither does November himself XD) and November doesn’t want one anyway, so he always has a water gun XD!!

but Grimm obviously gets the real gun.

Ma edgy boi XD.

I feel like if Arthur were in this pic he’d sneak a real gun too and Grimm would be like “BOY NO.”

Nyx would sneak a knife.

Grimm would also freak about this….

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings
                          • Total Posts: 2794

@godlyfantasy12

Duuuude Grimm has Elvis hair

In all seriousness though, it looks great!! I read the the thing with nyx as “steak knife”” lol I was imagining him armed with a kitchen steak knife 🤣

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12
                            • Total Posts: 6645

@mineralozedwritings lol!! That’s what Grimm’s hair does remind me of when I draw him 🤣

And uhhh Nyx would take whatever knife he would find 🤣

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 2611

Wow, this is now an art thread AND a Star Wars thread XD

@esther-c

Thank you! 😜

@starofthenorth

I’d say, if you’re in a rut, either take a break (because you’re burned out), or try a different style for a while (because you’re frustrated). I switched to chibi for a few drawings because I felt annoyed at my own style, but now that I’ve gone back, my imagination feels fresh and reorganized.

@godlyfantasy12

At first I was like, ‘okay cool,’ but then I saw the water guns and I died XD And does Paxton have a teddy bear, by chance?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Light
                              @lightoverdarkness6
                                • Total Posts: 1626

@godlyfantasy12

XDXD That’s awesome. I love it!! Oh, and I let my brother watch some of the videos/vines (bc I’ve told him all about November and Paxton…and several others. He thinks Nyx is hilarious XD) and he loved them. He said to tell you that “they were really funny!” He hates Lilith now, after that part in the animated one XD!

@starofthenorth

Um, well, you could try watching videos of artists that you like, and try to replicate, or, like @whalekeeper said, change your art style!

#HugRikerSquad

Esther
                                @esther-c
                                  • Total Posts: 3213

@godlyfantasy12

I love that!! XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 2,075 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >