Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 2,206 through 2,220 (of 2,472 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1555

It’s interesting to me how different people imagine the same characters. For instance, I see Faramir as having black hair (short and raggedly cut) and blue eyes. However, my sister sees him with brown hair.

But I can see how that’s him even though it doesn’t look like what I imagined.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Euodia
      @euodia-vision
        • Total Posts: 1308

@mineralizedwritings

*pops in*

HELLOOOO! FARAMIR IS BEAUTIFUL I LOVE HIM!!!!

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings
          • Total Posts: 2972

@freed_and_redeemed

Thanks  for the help lol XD

@whalekeeper

XD thank you!

@koshka

XD that’s hilarious. Y’know he could have black hair, I just saw the movie images before reading the book, so he’s always had red brown for me.

Same on the cloak, same.

Thanks @keilah-h !

@ellette-giselle

Thanks! I always think of him a being solemn, lol.

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2972

@euodia-vision

Thanks!

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

RAE
            @rae
              • Total Posts: 3555

@mineralizedwritings @freed_and_redeemed

That’s beautiful! I like it!

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Koshka
              @koshka
                • Total Posts: 1555

@mineralizedwritings

And I’ve never seen the movies, or clips including Faramir, so yeah…

XD

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Elroi
                @elishavet-pidyon
                  • Total Posts: 1056

@mineralizedwritings

It’s Faramir!!!!!!!!!

That’s so good! Did you use alcohol markers for the color? The coloring and detail is beautiful. And his outfit is definitely Ranger-ish. It’s perfect for him. Especially the bow. (I actually do have a cloak like that…)

He’s one of my absolute favorites from LotR. A battle hardened soldier with a gentle side. I liked him before I knew if he was good or not. It’s fun to see him portrayed in a cartoon style.

Min and @koshka

I like hearing how other people see characters in books too. Many LotR characters can look so different to different people. Personally, I have always seen Faramir as very “Westernesse” – black hair, grey eyes. And of course a subtle smile that you only see once you get to know him. I don’t remember how he was described in the book, but this image has stuck. XD

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

The Ducktator
                  @theducktator
                    • Total Posts: 723

@mineralizedwritings

Faramir’s adorable.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

HighScribe
                    @highscribeofaetherium
                      • Total Posts: 2449

@mineralizedwritings

He looks awesome! Great drawing!

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

Elishavet Elroi
                      @elishavet-pidyon

So I’ve been thinking…

Do y’all have any tips for drawing scars/disfigurements? 😁

I really love the fact that Viktor has serious burn scarring on his hands and back, but it’s been difficult to draw. Part of my problem is that I’m not sure that my drawings look like burn scars at all. The other part is trying to find the balance between illustrating the character and distracting from the same. (And you know, making something graphic….)

He has hypertrophic scarring as well as regular burn scars. No keloids, thankfully. It’s been an intentional part of my writing to use the sometimes horrific image of a child burn victim to symbolize how God can heal the darkest situation, and that what we see as scars are often a record of a miracle.

So, showing that he is more than a burn survivor is also an important part of it. That doesn’t define him- God does.

It’s just scars aren’t pretty! And I like to draw pretty things! XD And I don’t want to make myself sick again studying them. XD Yet I really want at least one good illustration showing his hands. And I don’t think what I’ve done even looks close!

Here’s a quick description of the burns, as well as his reaction toward them:

His gaze fell to his lap and was instantly fixed on his hands. The familiar scars laced over his palms like permanent shadows of the flames that had once covered them. Thick, dark skin blended into raised patches of red as both curled around to meet over his knuckles. He flexed his fingers. The stubborn side of his left hand still only half opened. How long had it been? Seven years?

Something splashed across his knuckles like a rain drop. Only, the sky was clear.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Loopy
                        @loopylin
                          • Total Posts: 2334

@elishavet-pidyon

Hey, I have a similar character! Aint fire related trauma fun?

I guess it kinda depends on your art style. Realistically, burn scars are typically pinkish white, surrounded by a more reddish version of the person’s natural skin color.

Ummm i have more to say but my work break is over now so I will come back later :]

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Elishavet Elroi
                          @elishavet-pidyon

@loopylin

Loads of fun! There are so many possibilities! XD

My parents were a little concerned though.

Well, my art style for this story is fairly simple. I’m hoping to mix in some ink work, but so far it’s just line drawing with simple shading. The one picture I tried with his burns, I ended up mostly hiding it.

I’ll be somewhere in the nearby shadows then.

whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 3141

@loopylin

*gasp* Wait… do I know this character or not? Do tell. Now.

@elishavet-pidyon

I’m not sure about different kinds of scars, but I figure if you’re aiming for simplicity, you can draw it in a way that communicates the basic effects of that particular wound. Zuko from AtLA has an obvious burn scar. But it’s not complicated. It’s just a redder shade than the rest of his skin to show swelling, and a few lines along his cheekbone to indicate rough healing.

I would figure out what texture/color the scars would be, and how they might cause irregularity in the skin. And work from there.

Btw, it’s good to see you on KP again! ;]

“Everything is a mountain”

Loopy
                              @loopylin
                                • Total Posts: 2334

@whalekeeper  Yes, you do

@elishavet-pidyon

I’ve been kinda struggling with the same thing with my character. I can’t decide if I want the realistic scars or the more stylized black burn marks I had before.

My best advice is to look at references (if they don’t bother you), and to draw him a bunch and try new things each time you draw him until you’ve settled with something you like. 👍

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Ellette Giselle
                                @ellette-giselle
                                  • Total Posts: 1072

@elishavet-pidyon

Hey! Someone stole one of my favorite names! lol. (I got it published first. hehe, I win.)

Hmm, I’ve drawn a lot of scaring, but the only character I burned I only drew him with his hand bandaged. Hmm, If you want to give me a description I can experiment and try drawing him for you, and then you could go off of my drawings, (if I can pull it off) instead of having to look at photos.

Otherwise, the others have some good ideas!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Viewing 15 posts - 2,206 through 2,220 (of 2,472 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >