Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 2,472 total)
  • Author
    Loopy
    @loopylin
      • Total Posts: 2334

@keilah-h @highscribeofaetherium

Thanks!

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 3141

@LoOpYLin

Loops Loops I made something too!! 😀

They can be morbidly fascinated with fire together :] I was working on this weeks back, but wasn’t happy with it until now. It’s definitely a different style but I like both our versions. Hope you like it ❤️🔥

*Poofs away*

“Everything is a mountain”

Loopy
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2334

@whalekeeper

Eeeeeeeeee I love it so much! Your art style is adorable and I will be staring at this for the next hour ❤️❤️❤️

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

whaley
          @whalekeeper

@loopylin

Yeeessss! I was so worried it wouldn’t look as I envisioned, but I’m glad it worked out 🥰❤️

The Ducktator
            @theducktator
              • Total Posts: 723

@anyone

I want to draw my characters, but I’m really bad at drawing people. I especially struggle with proportions and faces. Any tips?

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

whaley
              @whalekeeper

@theducktator

My drawings are super stylized so I don’t think I’m qualified XD But for me it helps to find a reference picture that looks much different from my normal style, and draw it/trace over it until I understand the proportions. For me the reference is anime or realism. After that, I return to my own art with a willingness to experiment.

Plus, I might realize something can be changed for the better. For example, I often turn my character’s eyes up at the corners. But that can cause trouble with the facial shape. I only realized that after drawing over a differently-styled reference.

Hope this helps a little!

whaley
                @whalekeeper

I’ve improved a lot with references.

@Rae
                  @loopylin (You’ve already seen this 🙃) @whoever I’ve done some cute Hugo sketches. This is not the final design. I might slim down his face shape a bit (as seen on the left) since he looks younger on the right. But I’m still happy with it as a YoUnG hUgO.

RAE
                  @rae
                    • Total Posts: 3555

@whalekeeper

Aww, he’s cute.

I should post some kind of thing here, but I’ve basically only got a pencil drawing of Dragotin, a failer of trying to do Tenz, and a slightly messed up Thurston pic. Basically the art version of my writing…

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

whaley
                    @whalekeeper

@rae

Thank you 😊

You don’t have to post anything if you feel uncertain doing so. It doesn’t make you any less of an artist than the rest of us. The only reason I posted that sketch was because of that previous monster drawing I posted a few months back; I wanted to show my improvement. But you can post messy art. There is no pressure, and your confidence level is the only barrier.

whaley
                      @whalekeeper

In fact – hang on. *Scrambles furiously*

Behold. THE drawing. The drawing that started it all. I might just have an eye hernia looking at this thing, but I’m going to post it anyway because maybe it will encourage someone.

These GeOmEtRicaL ShApES are supposed to represent humans. How?? I drew it when I was thirteen. I hadn’t imagined their appearances beforehand, except that the middle child should have darker hair and be slightly taller. I was just doodling… with the softest pencil lead on the face of the planet, I might add.

The kid on the right is Sebastian and believe it or not… I only invented him because there was a little extra paper space. 😖🤣 That’s his origin story.

Look at him now. *Points up a few posts*

Anyway, the point is, you’re always going to look back at your older stuff – even your new stuff sometimes – and think “ugh, this sucks.” I still see things in my drawings that need fixing. But you can still embrace these drawings for the small victories they are. They are part of a process. There is no reason to feel ashamed of them, unless you are a shameless brag who already thinks they’re perfect. (Which you’re not!) If you make mediocre art but learn and have fun, it is more valuable than making awesome art and learning/enjoying nothing.

I am still immensely proud of this doodle. Like, MORE proud than for the Hugo sketches I shared.

whaley
                        @whalekeeper

Art is really my passion today, isn’t it? XD Okay, someone else can talk now.

The Ducktator
                          @theducktator
                            • Total Posts: 723

@whalekeeper

Thanks! I’ll have to try that!

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

RAE
                            @rae
                              • Total Posts: 3555

@whalekeeper

My old drawings used to be stick figures with hair on the sides, smiley faces with a dot nose and an oval body instead of a line…

I’ll show you the pictures probably later today or Monday, just warning you, they look off.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 4721

@whalekeeper honestly those “geometric shapes” are still pretty good.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings
                                  • Total Posts: 2972

@whalekeeper

Wait, pics are up??

Oh my goodness your art is sooo cute! And you’ve improved so much to! The colors look fabulous on that drawing of Loops characters!

@whaley @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed @lightoverdarkness6

Guys guys I have more Tauren art 😛

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 2,472 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >