A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 2,108 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

Also if u are gonna stick with that route, idk if you’ve seen it but I suggest watching the movie Soul Surfer. It’s based on the real life story of a teen girl who lost her arm.

It’s not really graphic. A few shows of blood but that’s it I didn’t have to watch it with any filters (and we watch things with filters) no language, and the worst thing is girls in bathing suits cuz it is a surfer movie.

But it’s made by a Christian company I believe.

Its so good and inspiring, and also shows how many things the poor girl had to go thru and learn to do differently.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Gwyndalf the Wise
      @gwyndalf-the-wise
        • Total Posts: 404

@freedomwriter76

yikes I’m behind at replying to people

OH GOOD, Reuben doesn’t die! are these the same brothers from the WWII novel?

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
        (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12. Never watched the movie, but I’ve heard about the story many, MANY times. 🙂

And yes, he still paints! ❤️

@gwyndalf-the-wise
          . Aww, don’t feel bad, girl! We all get busy! 💗

Yes, he lives!!!! (Sure are! The Boys are back for a book that takes place in the Korean War! 😜)

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2800

@freedomwriter76

Wait, it’s Reuben who paints?

😍😍🤩🤩🤩😭🥰

I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE NOW

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings. Yeah, he does!!! 😍😍😍

Haha, I’m glad!!!! 😊😍💗❤️😍😊

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. @mineralizedwritings. @princesachronicle22. @thearcaneaxiom. @gwyndalf-the-wise. @lightoverdarkness6.

Soooo…I’ve been writing this scene for Freedom’s Fire today…not entirely sure if I’ll keep it or not, heh, but I’ve been writing it nonetheless. 😜

So this would take place after Riker is captured and when they’re trying to get information from him, but I will warn anyone that may be more sensitive, this will be a torture scene (if I share the rest, lol!), however, I don’t go into grim details, because…uhm, yeah, no, not in my book.😅

A crisp spring breeze blew. It was still freezing outside. So cold that there was still snow on the ground.

Kurt shoved Riker forward with a curse.

Riker stumbled forward, tripping his own feet, but another guard grabbed his arm, stopping him from falling flat on his face.

The guard and Kurt turned Riker around, forcing him to face Hans.

Hans smirked. “Well, if it isn’t the stubborn little officer. You think you’re so brave, don’t you, Riker? You can’t be silent forever…and I’ll make sure of that.”

“I’ll never tell you anything. I’m not a traitor.”

Hans laughed. “That’s where you’re wrong Riker, because…you see,” he grabbed a lock of Riker’s hair and pulled, bringing Riker’s face only inches from his own, “I have ways of making anyone talk. Every man has his breaking point, Riker, and soon, you will be at yours.”

Hans let go of Riker’s hair. “Remove your shirt.”

Riker stared at him, intending to do no such thing.

He’d already been standing…why would he bow down now?

Hans shook his head in a gesture of disappointment. “Oh, Riker…you never learn, do you? Take it off, or else.”

Riker didn’t move.

He’d fight until he no longer had breath.

Hans’ hand came, swift and hard, his wedding ring cutting into the skin on Riker’s cheek, causing blood to fall. “Do as I have ordered.”

Riker wiped the blood from his cheek and silently obeyed, knowing it was a useless thing to fight over, still somehow determined to make it out of this war alive.

He slowly undid each button, doing them one by one, and once finished, slipped his white shirt off, exposing his entire upper body to the cold.

Hans nodded. “Good. Now, tie him.”

Kurt forced Riker’s arms behind his back, his wrists together, and grabbed double-stranded rope.

The other guard grabbed Riker and shoved him back.

Riker groaned when metal hit the raw and healing bare and unprotected skin, causing pain to flower.

They bound Riker’s wrists together and tied his arms to and around the metal lamppost, leaving him tethered to the post as if he were an animal.

Kurt and the other guard rushed off.

Riker’s arms already began to ache.

Hans stood in front of him, eyebrow raised, a finger on his chin, obviously thinking.

Riker struggled against his binds, but he wasn’t able to break free. “What is this for?”

Hans laughed, slightly tilting his head to the side. “Are you really that stupid, or are you trying to trick me? I intend to get information out of you, Riker, and I intend to punish you for not giving it to me. Besides, it’s past time I make an example out of you.”

“They’re gathering other officers and guards.”

Hans nodded. “They are. Along with prisoners.”

Footsteps sounded and guards, officers, and prisoners gathered in the space, overflowing the space with men.

Riker stared straight ahead, hoping he had the strength to make it through the moment of pain that was coming his way.

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h
                  • Total Posts: 3875

@freedomwriter76 Wow…….

What will they do to him??? I need to know!!

At least I know he will have a happy ending……

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12
                    • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76 RIKER!!!!! What happens next?!?! *wide eyes. Sits crossed legged holding stuffy*

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

TheArcaneAxiom
                    @thearcaneaxiom
                      • Total Posts: 1251

@freedomwriter76

Love it! Poor Riker, love his determination though!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

NOT THE BABY!! 😭😭😭

Ok very well written as always though!

Be strong Riker!!

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

Oh also you might be interested to know that my sister sometimes asks for updates on “the baby” (Riker XD) every now and then lol.

You wouldn’t mind if I shared some of your writing with her?

へびは かっこいい です!

Jayna Baas
                          @booksbyjayna
                            • Total Posts: 93

@freedomwriter76

Yikes. But a good bit of drafting. Go Riker!

One thing to check—did German military officers wear wedding rings in the WWII era? That’s when wedding rings for men started to catch on, from what I’ve read, but I’m wondering if a non-wedding ring would be more accurate. Sorry, that’s my editor brain pinging.

​Jayna Baas
                            Christian Author/Editor
                            www.booksbyjayna.com

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6
                              • Total Posts: 1626

@freedomwriter76

NOOO!!!! RIKER!!! 😭😬😭😬 Wow he is very strong willed! But so is Hans.

A what happens?!?! He’s okay right?

HANS!!!! 😡😤😡😤😡😤

(And I can’t think of a worse (or better) catastrophe than if Vance and Hans met 😅😅)

#HugRikerSquad

Gwyndalf the Wise
                              @gwyndalf-the-wise
                                • Total Posts: 404

@freedomwriter76

AAAAH RIKER NO! good writing though, you’re strangling my emotions XD

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                                (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Anonymous

@keilah-h. Hehe…not entirely sure yet. I have a vague idea, but not ENTIRELY sure of what they’re gonna do…😏

@godlyfantasy12
                                  . *hugs Riker tight* Yeah, uhm…not entirely sure what’s going to happen yet…I have a vague idea, but not entirely sure on any of it yet…either way, they’ll hurt him…😭💔

@thearcaneaxiom
                                  . Thanks!!!! Yeah, the poor baby. 😭💗 Yesss, love his determination and courage!!!!

@mineralizedwritings
                                  . IKR!?!?!?!?!? 😭😭😭😭

Yes, stay strong, Riker!!! 💗😭

Awwww, I’m glad your sister likes him too!!! Lol, “The Baby”!!! 😍😍😍 You can share a bit with her if you want, sure, I’m sure she’s not the kind of person to steal anything, just like all of y’all. 💗

@booksbyjayna
                                  . Thanks, Jayna!!! 💗💗💗

Lol, not entirely sure about that one. 😅 You always make me think. I’ve seen pictures of one or two wearing rings, but not entirely sure if they’re wedding rings or not…🤔 Welp, now I have more research to do! XD

@lightoverdarkness6
                                  . IKR!?!?!? 😭😭😭😭

Haha, not entirely sure what happens yet. 😬

(oof…that would be…😬😏😆)

@gwyndalf-the-wise
                                  . AHHHH, I KNOWWWWW!!!!! (lol…isn’t that what writers are for!? 😆)

@everyone

Thank all of y’all for reading and being so kind!!!! 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

If anyone has suggestions for what should happen to Riker, I’m game. XD

(not saying I’ll use them, but to get the creative juices flowing. 😜)

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 2,108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >