A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Viewing 12 posts - 2,146 through 2,157 (of 2,157 total)
  • Author
    Loopy
    @loopylin
      • Total Posts: 2334

@whalekeeper

Wow I don’t think anyone’s asked me that

Well, clearly I have failed here.

Please also tag me as well if you end up sharing any scenes <3

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 3141

@loopylin

Umm, if you’re asking what I would do, I’d probably be tempted to just emotionally distance myself and then regret it after they’re gone.

Oh that’s definitely a Marcel thing. Thanks for the ramble thoughts.

Please also tag me as well if you end up sharing any scenes <3

Aw thank you ❤️ And by the way, I’m still waiting for the Fel x Lois scenes! Which I could probably spur on in the roleplay, but I don’t have any writing motive rn 😖

“Everything is a mountain”

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3421

@whalekeeper

Wow, that’s a hard question. Ermm…

I think I’d immediately start thinking of a way to keep them here longer. Is there a way that they don’t have to die? It might take me a little bit to come to terms with the fact that there’s not. Honestly, at that point, I think I’d start trying to spend as much time with them as I can and make as many memories as I can, even though I know we couldn’t have a future together. I’m not sure, I guess it depends. 🤷🏻‍♀️ This is just what immediately comes to mind. Maybe I’ll come back with something else later. 🙃

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

The Ducktator
          @theducktator
            • Total Posts: 723

@whalekeeper

I’d probably not be convinced that they were actually dying until the last minute.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2972

@whalekeeper

Wow I don’t think anyone’s asked me that XD I appreciate it. I don’t share a lot of my stuff as you know, but sure, I’ll keep you in mind! ❤️

XD they probably haven’t asked because you’re a little more private with your writing. I figured I’d just let you know I’m interested <3

@whaley @freed_and_redeemed @keilah-h @loopylin @anyone else

I have a snippet from my psychological thriller, started working on it again.

Flax walks cautiously around the back of the boulder, towards the small earthen campsite. Two trees, baked to a crisp; grow against eachother to form the peak of a tent. Moss and ash cover the top.
              “Hello?” Flax asks timidly. The trees creak in response. “I come in peace, I have nothing with me and I don’t come to steal.”
              The front of the tent slowly pulls back, revealing the doctor. Her eyes shine in the darkness of the tent, the many colors of her bottle collection spraying light across the dirt floor. She makes eye contact with Flax, slowly standing as she comes out. She stands to her full height, over a foot taller than Flax. He urks back a couple steps.
              “Umm…” Flax tightens his grip on the bundle below his arm. “I just know you’re some kind of a doctor right…?”
              She raises an eyebrow quizzically. “I am.”
              ‘Do you know about like… bird people diseases?” Flax gulps, feeling the cold breeze blow through his thin hair.
              Her face softens, and she looks back to his sparsely feathered wings. “Oh, I might know some…” She cocks her head to the side, looking over Flax’s boney shoulders. She glances to either side cautiously.
              “It’s just me.”
              “Ok.” She smiles slightly. “Why don’t you take a seat on that log and I’ll take a look at it.” She points at a small mossy log by the firepit. Flax cautiously walks over, sitting with his back to her. She sits down beside him, studying the damage on his skin.
              Olivia gently touches the skin around his remaining feathers. “Is it just your wings?”
              “Mostly. I get tired easily too though.” Flax scratches his head. “I guess my hair is a little thin”
              “Hmm.” Olivia quirks an eyebrow. “You’ve been sick for a while… haven’t you?”
              “I think so.” Flax says, blinking. I don’t remember—”
              “—I understand.” Olivia cuts him off, biting her lip. “I don’t think I have the supplies with me to treat this. If I come across some herbs later… I’ll hang onto them for you. There isn’t much promising on this planet though.”
              “…Thanks.”
              “The worst of it is probably over.” Olivia says, her straight face hiding any sign of guilt.
              “You mean I’ll get better?”
              “You might feel slightly better. I don’t know a lot about bird people, but I know birds usually have about three sets of feathers in a lifetime. With the rate you’re making arrows, I’d assume you’ve about finished producing. Making feathers takes energy, so hopefully you’ll have more reserves now, if your body is finished.”
              Flax turns around with a start. “You mean I won’t have any more feathers?”
              Olivia turns to face him, her hand lingering over his remaining feathers. “Y-yes. I’m sorry.”
              Flax covers his face with his hands, gritting his teeth. Tears stream down his cheeks. “But I wanted to get better! I was going to—”
              He gulps. “I was going to fly with the birds and—I was going to go back home normal. What will they think of me? I’ll look like a plucked chicken! Oh never mind.”
              Olivia frowns. “You seem to manage alright.” She glances down at the set of leather wings Flax had been carrying.
              “—That’s not the point.” Flax starts. “Anyone can manage.” Flax stands, picking up his wings. “—But not everyone gets to live.”
              His wings shake as he breaths in sharply. He looks back at her. “Thanks anyways.”
              She nods, watching as he walks off into the distance. Flax plods through the ashen marshlands, bent over and defeated.
              I guess not everyone gets their happy ending.

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

whaley
              @whalekeeper

@esther-c @theducktator

Thanks for the opinions!

@mineralizedwritings

XD they probably haven’t asked because you’re a little more private with your writing. I figured I’d just let you know I’m interested <3

XD Yeah, it’s 100% my fault for not making any effort. Thank you for the support though, maybe I’ll post something because of that :]

“—That’s not the point.” Flax starts. “Anyone can manage.” Flax stands, picking up his wings. “—But not everyone gets to live.”

That hits harder than I want it to. 😕

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings
                  • Total Posts: 2972

@whalekeeper

Girl, seriously. What could possibly have to take blame for 🤣 You are at fault for nothing!! You don’t have to share your writing, me or somebody else asks or doesn’t. <3

Yw!

Yeah… same. Story of my life rn. Y’know that song by one republic “I lived”? every time I miss a opportunity to have a experience, I remember the lyrics. “With every broken bone, I’ll swear I lived.”

XD I’m glad it hit you hard. It was meant too lol.

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Loopy
                  @loopylin

@mineralizedwritings

I love it. Idk why, but the part when she came out of the tent was so cool and intimidating. I wanna read more. :]

@whalekeeper

That hits harder than I want it to. 😕

heh same

XD Yeah, it’s 100% my fault for not making any effort.

Literally no one else thinks that. Stop it. ❤️

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Sara
                    @savannah_grace2009
                      • Total Posts: 2535

@whalekeeper

Sorry for not replying sooner! I’d probably just keep spending time with them…and I’d definitely be in denial about it. like MAJOR denial. I’d spend even more time with them even though we can’t have a future together, and just live in the moment and hang out as much as possible and take care of them if they need it.

Depending on how old we are, I’d want to get married before they pass away so we can have a life together, no matter how short, whether it is weeks, months, or a few short years. But idk how old the charries you’re referring to are XD XD

What would be really cute is taking the person that’s going to disappear/pass away to a dance/prom or on a date so you can have good memories together!

That’s just me though XDXD

And I’d love to read your WIP if you ever post it!!!!!!!!!!

@mineralizedwritings

MIN I LOVE YOUR WRITING SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! It’s so good!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Sara.

Lukas&Livia
                      #Lalbert
                      Sef&Chase
                      #HOTTOLINE
                      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

whaley
                      @whalekeeper

@mineralizedwritings @loopylin

I’m not going to beat myself up! Was that beating myself up? *Shakes head wildly* …I put the blame on me because I didn’t want anyone to feel guilt over not asking to be tagged. It’s true, I’m a private writer, and it is my decision to post anything. That’s what I meant to say.

Thank you for the tough love 😛❤️ Also –

Stop it.

This is basically the toughest tough love statement, and I can only imagine it coming from Loops XD

@savannah_grace2009

Oooh ideas! And sure, I’ll tag you on anything I make/write, thank you!!

Loopy
                        @loopylin

@whalekeeper

I’m not going to beat myself up!

👍

This is basically the toughest tough love statement, and I can only imagine it coming from Loops XD

lol I guess you bring out the direct side of me? My confident side? Idk what to call it.

The Ducktator
                          @theducktator
                            • Total Posts: 723

@anyone

So, I was going through my school stuff from last year, and found this in my brain book. Math is boring, okay?

I glared at the problem in front of me, wondering when the agony would end, wanting to scream, but knowing that it would only bring more pain. The clock read 11:53, only seven minutes to go. Seven minutes, but it felt like eternity. I, and four others, forced to endure excruciating torture. As I sat there, lips pressed together, head down, eyes burning with unshed tears, waiting for freedom, I silently made a vow: No matter how much algebra they threw at me, I. Would. Not. Break.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

Viewing 12 posts - 2,146 through 2,157 (of 2,157 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >