A Little Bit of Everything

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ A Little Bit of Everything

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Autumn Rebecca
    @autumn-rebecca
      • Total Posts: 57

@avacoulter

Sorry about the delay in response. The days have had my brain a little full. Lol.

Of course! Lol, agreed! So trueā€¦itā€™s interesting to see what each project teaches me. Iā€™ve learned so much through writing (and not just about the writing process and prose and such, but also life and about Godā€™s heart. Itā€™s been pretty cool!) in such a short amount of time.

That is awesome! It it really is a cool thing!

One story I wrote was about a grain of rice and a grain of couscous who became best friends šŸ˜‚ (Ok, donā€™t even ask. I was like 6 at the time.)

Oh myā€¦ That sounds wonderful! šŸ¤£ I love the creativity. Makes me want to sit down read a story about rice and couscous now. šŸ˜‚

Then it was this fall that a writer friend of mine started a blog and I was like, ā€œHey, I want to do that.ā€ I just never really considered the possibility of writing seriously and starting a platform now. I thought being an author was something you do when youā€™re old. (Haha idk why I thought that, butā€¦) AnYwAyS, long story short, I started writing more seriously, got myself a group of beta readers, and joined KP. So, Iā€™m pretty new to the writing world, but itā€™s been such a cool journey so far.

Well, from what I have learned about writing in my shower time is that community is actually really important. When you have a passion, it is encouraging to have people that understand your struggles. While our loved ones can support us, they donā€™t always understand the obstacles of writing. They are just as important as writing companions, but they are important in a different way. Obviously, I finally succomed to that truth.

Have you started your own platform already? I would love to know if you start (or already have) a blog! I enjoy checking out new blogs. Lol. I just posted for the first time in a few months on mine. It was a comeback post. Iā€™m so excited over it!! It feels like home.

I gotta say the characters (i.e., writing them, developing them, etc.) Characters are just the heart of the story, ya know? Itā€™s also really fun to find their unique character voices and write them.

That is very true. I really enjoy that part as well. Itā€™s like finding the diamond in the rough!

Ā 

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Ava Coulter
      @avacoulter
        • Total Posts: 50

@autumn-rebecca

Oh no worries lol!!

Hahaha thanks! *laughs* I think I still have it somewhere šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

That is SO true! Yes community is so important (and vital even)!

I donā€™t! Itā€™s definitely one of my goals to start a blog sometime this year tho!

Oh thatā€™s awesome!! Whatā€™s your blog called? Could you send me a link? I also love checking out new blogs! (And thatā€™s so exciting!)

It is! šŸ™‚

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Autumn Rebecca
        @autumn-rebecca

@avacoulter

That is SO true! Yes community is so important (and vital even)!

Yes, for sure!

I donā€™t! Itā€™s definitely one of my goals to start a blog sometime this year tho!

Oh thatā€™s awesome!! Whatā€™s your blog called? Could you send me a link? I also love checking out new blogs! (And thatā€™s so exciting!)

You definitely should! šŸ˜Š My blog is called Sunshine in the Haze. I wanted the name to be a reminder of Godā€™s character in itself. I feel like with that nameā€¦ It does!

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Ava Coulter
          @avacoulter
            • Total Posts: 50

@autumn-rebecca

Ikr! Ohh love the name! Thatā€™s really cool (it definitly does)!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Autumn Rebecca
            @autumn-rebecca

@avacoulter

Thank you!

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 3875

@autumn-rebecca You have a pretty name!

My nameā€™s Keilah. I like writing fanfiction* (loads and loads of it), but Iā€™m not sure if that counts as a genre. Besides that, I like science fiction and fantasy. Iā€™m trying to worldbuild on a universe Iā€™m going to set my dystopian/sci-fi/fantasy series in. Have you ever created a fictional universe, and what was it like?

Ā 

*Before you ask (cause everyone does), Iā€™ll answer the ā€œwhat fanfics do you writeā€ question: Iā€™m a huge Star Wars fan, so I write a lot of fanfics on that, as well as combining them with dragons; I like the Warrior Cats books and also do a bunch of those; and I drew covers for a five-book Jurassic World fanfiction where the dinosaurs talked and were at war with each other, but so far Iā€™ve only finished the last book. I also have a fully written fanfiction I worked on with my brother based off of a sci-fi movie called Tron Legacy, which we both loveā€¦..

Star Wars cyborg dragon-man I traced off of a picture. I love doing crossovers/mashups.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Autumn Rebecca
                @autumn-rebecca

@keilah-h

That is awesome! I havenā€™t watch very many Star Wars. So many people have disapproved of that. šŸ˜¬

To answer your question, I have not built a fiction universe. I feel like that would be really fun! Maybe I should add that to my to-do listā€¦

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@autumn-rebecca So many people have disapproved of the series itself or of you not watching it? But besides that, it is fun to make a universe of your own. I like the creatures I created for it.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Autumn Rebecca
                    @autumn-rebecca

@keilah-h

Oh, sorry! I shouldā€™ve clarified that.

So many people have disapproved of me not watching it yet. Along with every other popular series (movies involving hobbits, etc). šŸ˜… I have watched Marvel though!

That sounds awesome! What is your favorite creature you have created?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Autumn Rebecca. Reason: Typo

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@autumn-rebecca Really, youā€™ve seen Marvel? Which was your favorite (if you liked any at all)?

Hmm, I like them all equally.

Autumn Rebecca
                        @autumn-rebecca

My favorite movie from Marvel would be Thor Ragnarok. (Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s Marvelā€¦) Itā€™s such a good movie!

That makes sense.

Autumn Rebecca
                          @autumn-rebecca

@keilah-h

Have you watched Marvel? If so, which is your favorite?

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@autumn-rebecca Thor Ragnarok was the coolest! Itā€™s my dadā€™s favorite, too, and it was the first Marvel movie Iā€™d ever watched.

Autumn Rebecca
                              @autumn-rebecca

Yes! For sure! It is a great first Marvel movie. Lol.

Ā 

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@autumn-rebecca Probably why he wanted me to watch that one first.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >