Writers' Corner #12

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ Writers' Corner #12

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 723 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice šŸ™‚

When I read in your post that your friend had begged you to get Chessy and Justice together I cringed a bit, because Iā€™m not sure whether I really ship that pairing. šŸ™‚

One reason for that is possibly because she obviously chases him the whole way through and I donā€™t think thatā€™s ladylike ā€“ but then, neither is fighting battles, right? šŸ˜€

But when I read farther down and you gave her a second ā€œlove interestā€ in his cousin, I felt better, because then I can feel sorry for Justice, and wish she can get back with him.

I always ship the sidekick or the underdog for some reason with the girl, rather than the hero.Ā  So if your sequel turns out like I think it is going to, Iā€™m going to get a headache from trying to figure out if I like Justice or his cousin better. šŸ™‚

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Iā€™ve always been in two minds about whether or not they should be together. Originally, I had yes, in the last chapter. and then I changed my mind, preferring no, so I changed the last chapter, but then my reader was sad that Iā€™d changed itā€¦

I still am not completely decided.

Justiceā€™s cousin is a bit of a rogue, but in my opinion he has a very good character arc and ends up very likable by the end. Weā€™ll I guess that would make it a well done love triangle, wouldnā€™t it?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yes, Iā€™ll be here for a little while longer.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Lovely! Working on your western?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Love triangles are amazing, but horribly heartbreaking, because I always end up wishing the one who wasnā€™t satisfied had been the one to get the girl/guy. šŸ™‚

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yes, my horrible western that wonā€™t do what I want it to do. šŸ™

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I know! I used to say that I hated love triangles, but then I realised that I actually quite like love triangles and itā€™s only when theyā€™re badly done that I really hate them.

Urgh, thatā€™s no good. Whatā€™s up with it?

Ā 

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice I have a scene I want to do, but I have to start out the scene ā€“ you know, explain whatā€™s going on, and stuff like that.Ā  I just canā€™t figure out how to start it out, even though the next parts will be easy and fun.

I think Iā€™m going to just write the scene starting in the middle, and then go back and connect it later.

When I first readĀ Anne of Green Gables I laughed at her complaining that her characters were not doing what she told them to do, but now that I write my own stories I no longer laugh ā€“ I sigh. šŸ™‚

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Thatā€™s what I usually do when I get stuck on a scene, I just write a brief explanation of what happened, and then I move on. I can usually write the scene much better if I come back to it a few days later.

I donā€™t remember that particular part of Anne of Green Gables, but definitely! No non-writer will ever understand the struggle!

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice Okay, my brain is still frozen, so I just randomly decided to do a character chart for my main male character.Ā  I havenā€™t really met him yet, so I think I need to get to know him a little better. šŸ™‚Ā  Hopefully it goes well, as it will be only the second character chart I have ever attempted!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice By the way, I adore Quillon, and am very happy heā€™s still around.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Okay cool! I really enjoy doing character charts (Iā€™ve written two today), and I find them super helpful. My poor brain canā€™t be expected to remember everything by itself. And they definitely do help with getting to know your characters better.

Aw, thank you. I love Quillon too. Heā€™s definitely one of my favourite characters and I briefly considered killing him, and then decided that I was psychopath.

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice *screams* Donā€™t you dare!Ā  If you even lay a finger on him I will physically unphysicalize myself and enter your imagination zone to wrest him from your clutches!

And you had better take my warning seriously.Ā  As Colonel Nobody would say, ā€œI never threaten, I warn.Ā  If my warning is unheeded, I act.ā€ *glowers*

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Well the fangirls have spoken. I think it would break my heart anyway, if I killed him. Heā€™s too sweet, he deserves to live and be happyā€¦well, as happy as he can be without Sapphire. *evil smile*

I have heeded your warning. I will not lay a finger on his life.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice You have chosen wisely.

But you do such a good job killing your characters that if you did end up doing so, I would probably be cry for a really long time (which I did while readingĀ Stars Fill Infinity) and then give up and say, ā€œYeah, itā€™s probably better that way.ā€

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 723 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >