Favorite Movies

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Other Art Forms ā€ŗ Film ā€ŗ Favorite Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    G. B. Carter
    @graceofspades2017
      • Total Posts: 81

@mark-kamibaya Perhaps I should, but I havenā€™t seen it in a month or two, so if I did, it probably wonā€™t be that wonderful. XD

@kate-flournoy
      *wipes tear from eye* You captured that movie perfectly.

Myers-Briggs Type (MBTI šŸ™‚ ): INTP-T

Mark Kamibaya
      @mark-kamibaya
        • Total Posts: 318

@graceofspades2017 too bad šŸ™

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 53

@mark-kamibaya *raises hand slowly* Iā€™ve seen The Case For Christā€¦

Emily D
          @emily-d
            • Total Posts: 168

Yes! me too. It was great!

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@mark-kamibaya Whatā€™s an indie?

@ethryndal
              I know. The only thing protecting me now are my dragon instinctsā€¦.and the fact that Iā€™m not alone. I side with @daeus. šŸ˜€

@kate-flournoy
              Well, about the arcs, one reason I didnā€™t really see them was because they seemed to happen so fast. It didnā€™t seem like Cassian cared about anything then suddenly heā€™s nice. Jyn was really just unrelatable to me. I mean, maybe its a mix of my two Disney dislike/cliches. Dystopian rebellious girl along with Disney orphanā€¦ ?
              And the theme, it didnā€™t really seem like anyone had very much hope. They seemed pretty confident that they would lose.

ā˜€ ā˜€ ā˜€ ENFP ā˜€ ā˜€ ā˜€

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

@Dragon-Snapper no no, you missed it! They werenā€™t hoping for themselves. They did what they did in hopes that the people who survived them could use it to make a better world. In faith, I guess.

Andā€¦ I havenā€™t watched a ton of Disney, so I guess I didnā€™t have that problem. For myself, I can just say I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever related to an entire cast as completely as I did with this one.
                I suppose of taste there can be no discussion. šŸ˜‰

Mark Kamibaya
                @mark-kamibaya

@holly-nelson-gray @emily-d Whatā€™d you think and why? Iā€™m really curious

@dragon-snapper
                  Itā€™s simply a film made outside of maninstream media. So, basically, a movie made without a big budget. And, because of the low budget, theyā€™re usually dramas. Not huge action flicks. Examples of indies: Little Miss Sunshine or Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl. Most Christian films count as indies too.

Emily D
                  @emily-d

@mark-kamibaya Yeah, it was really good! I enjoyed it. BUT I like Do You Believe better. And What If. Have you seen them? Theyā€™re amazing. (And What If is hilarious. Itā€™s about this millionaire guy who-AND Iā€™m going to stop right there before I spoil the plot. Long story short: itā€™s hilarious.) Have you seen either of those?

Mark Kamibaya
                    @mark-kamibaya

@emily-d Iā€™m not proud to say it, but I havenā€™t seen either of those. I just wanted to know if theyā€™re worth my time. And I guess, because of your answer, they are.

Emily D
                      @emily-d

@mark-kamibaya Yes they are totally worth it. Do You Believe is not a funny movie, but itā€™s still really good. But I think What If is even better. šŸ™‚

Mark Kamibaya
                        @mark-kamibaya

@emily-d Iā€™ll check ā€™em out

Emily D
                          @emily-d

@mark-kamibaya Yay! šŸ™‚

Ingrid
                            @ingridrd
                              • Total Posts: 830

@anyone
                              *runs into room* *hunches over to catch breath*
                              Soā€¦I donā€™t think anyone has reviewed the new Beauty and the Beast movie yet. I saw it last week.
                              I think they did a pretty good job of fleshing out the characters. Dan Stevens as the Beast was an excellent casting choice. He was gruff and cold, but he had an underlying sadness and hurt throughout the movie.
                              Belle (Emma Watson) was not quite the lively bookworm we saw in the animated film. She can certainly act, but I feel like she didnā€™t put everything she had into the role. She has a beautiful singing voice, even if itā€™s not strong and powerful. Overall, she was simply good, but nowhere near excellent as Belle (and this is just my humble opinion of course).
                              They also did a great job with backstories. In the animated film I always wondered where exactly Belleā€™s mother is. Youā€™re given some answers in the remake.
                              WARNING: the film is rated PG for ā€œaction violence, peril and frightening imagesā€. However there is other questionable material. This was very disappointing to me. And it made me really sad about where our world is today. Just FYI on that.
                              Overall, I think the movie was very well done. The sets were magnificent and the costumes were stunning. My advice: watch it.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Mark Kamibaya
                              @mark-kamibaya

@ingridrd Sounds awesome. I was wondering how much they reinvented the film. It sounds like Disney did a fantastic job.

Joseph Darkgrate
                                @xonos-darkgrate
                                  • Total Posts: 162

Hey guys! Iā€™m amazed at how it took me to find this topic!!! My new favorite topic on Kingdom Pen probably. There were too many pages so I had to stop after page five or so, but from what I know, Iā€™ve literally watched every movie their is except for horrors and romance. Even then, I do watch those sometimes. Iā€™ve seen every Marvel movie besides Daredevil, Punisher, etc. (I donā€™t like the old ones, theyā€™re pretty bad)

Iā€™ve seen a bunch of DC movies, but not all of them since a bunch are pretty dark. I watch most of the animated ones though.

Iā€™m okay with X-Men. And I wish my mom would allow me to watch Logan. I donā€™t regret NOT watching Deadpool though.

Iā€™ve seen all the HTTYD movies and most of their shows as well as all the books. Iā€™ve since stopped being a fan of HTTYD, but I guess Iā€™ll have to watch the 3rd one thatā€™s coming out in 2019.

As for my favorite movie: I have A LOT. So it really does depend on what typeā€¦. so:

ACTION: Pacific Rim or Age of Ultron or Hunger Games
                                  SCI-FI: Rogue One or Godzilla
                                  FANTASY: LOTR
                                  DRAMA: Real Steel or Sully or the Planet of the Apes series
                                  HORROR: Uhā€¦ I Am Legend or Beetlejuice
                                  ROMANCE: Again, I donā€™t really watch these soā€¦ Big or Princess Bride
                                  DISASTER: Iā€™ve watched a lot of these, but I donā€™t really remember which ones exactly so letā€™s just leave it at San Andreas
                                  DYSTOPIAN: I already said Hunger Games earlier soā€¦ the Maze Runner

Anyways, thatā€™s pretty much it. Great topic!

Life's a cruel joke, so you have to laugh at it sometimes.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 304 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >