Favorite Movies

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Favorite Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 304 total)
  • Author
    The Impossible Girl
    @f5a8c3e92
      • Total Posts: 146

@mark-kamibaya Yep.

"Not all who wander are lost."
      Wild Australian. INXJ.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Mark-Kamibaya YES. Rogue One. Everyone. Watch it. The more I think about it, the more sure I may be becoming that it’s my favorite movie ever. Seriously. Everything about it was so well done, and the theme—!
        *buries face in hands* Just… watch it. You’ll see what I mean.

Sarah Spradlin
        @spradlin
          • Total Posts: 189

@christi-eaton *materializes for like ten seconds* Yes, yes I do love to hate the ending of La La Land. It’s poetic and masterful, but I still hate it. *dematerializes*

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Mark Kamibaya
          @mark-kamibaya
            • Total Posts: 318

There are two new movies in theaters that I’m wondering if anybody has seen. The two movies are “Gifted” and “The Case for Christ.” Anybody able to do a review?

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@kate-flournoy The question is whether you prefer Rogue One or The Force Awakens?
              Has anyone seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Mark Kamibaya
              @mark-kamibaya

@dragon-snapper Sorry, very late reply. I’ve seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. You think it was good?

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper

@mark-kamibaya I did like it. I thought it was very simple without being boring. Because I tend to overthink things, the simplicity of a movie, without having to have Marvel-like chases and things like that. What did you think of it?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                  @dragon-snapper

@kate-flournoy I’m curious. Why do you like Rogue One?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper wow… you want the whole list?? 😛
                      Well, to sum it up, I love action movies with great plots, and I also adore movies with superb character and relationship development, and I’ll die for a movie with a dynamic, well-executed theme, but it’s so seldom I find even two of those in the same movie. Rogue One has all three.

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper

@kate-flournoy Ah…
                        So, why do you think that the character and relationship was good? I can’t see any arc really, for either of the characters. I can’t see them as great characters, really. And what was the theme?
                        (perhaps you might notice that I don’t really *cough*like*cough*Rogue*cough*One*coughcough*)

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal
                          • Total Posts: 1013

@dragon-snapper Uh-oh…you’ve admitted the Forbidden Phrase. 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

G. B. Carter
                          @graceofspades2017
                            • Total Posts: 81

*pops up from behind a nearby bush*

Did someone say movies?

Because I like the movie Storks, because it has a lovely sense of humor with making anyone watching it really uncomfortable (because I’m the kind of person who watches movies with my family a lot and when they use bathroom humor I just shrivel up inside and wonder what on earth my parents are thinking). I also love its family theme, because I am a family person. I have eight siblings as it is.

Myers-Briggs Type (MBTI 🙂 ): INTP-T

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper uhhhhh… uhhhhh… *gapes at you* Okay. *tries not to stare* Uhhhh… if you didn’t see it, no amount of my telling you what I saw will really do much good, but I suppose it won’t hurt to go through it just in case. 😛
                              First of all… Jyn’s arc. From ‘It’s [‘it’ being evil and oppression] not a problem if you don’t look up’ to ‘We take every chance we have until we succeed or there are no more left to take’ in defiance of the Empire.
                              Cassian’s arc. From a ‘do everything you have to just to survive’ mentality to not only a willingness, but a joy in sacrificing himself for the completion of everything he ever fought for.
                              Bodhi’s journey from terror to courage in the face of terror as well, though I’m not sure it could properly be called an arc.

The theme is hope. All they did and suffered for and died for was done in the hope that one day someone would take it and use it in the cause of freedom. Galan Erso and his plans for the Death Star. Jyn and her quest to get them back. Cassian and his lifelong (literally— since he was six years old) devotion to a rebellion that only brought him grief, in the hope that one day it would amount to something. And it did, even if he didn’t live to see it. Bodhi, who risked torture and death at the hands of the insurgents just to tell them the truth so something could be done. Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus who both had nothing left of their former lives and were willing still to devote themselves to the rebellion in the hope that all would be paid for and that though their lives had been wasted, they would save so many more from what they’d suffered.

And— and— so much more. I could go on forever though. Thoughts?

Mark Kamibaya
                              @mark-kamibaya

@dragon-snapper Great! I really liked it too. I thought it had perfect tone for the story it was trying to tell 😀

@kate-flournoy
                                Haven’t seen Rogue One, but I did find this vid about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIQa7sH5_Y

@graceofspades2017
                                Haven’t seen Storks. Wanna do a “full review” to boast about its awesomeness? And wow! Eight siblings . . . can’t even imagine it. I have trouble with my three

Mark Kamibaya
                                @mark-kamibaya

And has anybody seen any good indies lately? ‘Cause discovering an amazing indie is like unearthing a treasure chest. Just sayin 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 304 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >