A Keeper Adventure

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ A Keeper Adventure

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Aww, sorry! How bout a cameo appearence, then? (You donā€™t have to fill in the form thing)

You can pronounce it however you want.

Silverclaw Bonnetfolly
      @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
        • Total Posts: 69

@dekreel That would be great but you donā€™t have to do it if it would be to hard for you.

Joy
        @dekreel

@lady-iliaraĀ  @epicaddie2Ā  @aislinn-mollisongĀ  @princessfoo

I have created maps of our worlds, and have assigned all of the characters into settings! So now I need someone to beta-read my maps. PLEASE let me know of any inconsistencies or anything I left out!! šŸ˜‰

Here are my maps:

And a handy little legend:

Sorry about how small some of the maps are! They wonā€™t get any bigger!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Joy.

Joy
          @dekreel

*mouth drops open* ANNND I forgot to post the Kingdom of Pen! Of all placesā€¦!!!

Joy
            @dekreel

Also I need a name for my Writerā€™s Block villain. Something related to writerā€™s block, but, yā€™know, not totally obvious. Any ideas?

Destiny
              @destiny
                • Total Posts: 37

@dekreel for the maps, I think that they look great! (Did you draw those yourself?? If not, what did you use? I still need a map for my WIP šŸ˜‰ ) although I donā€™t see Bootleg Pass in Aethasia (it leads from the beach [which I think is called Cog Bay] to No Manā€™s Landing, and my character lives about three quarters of the way to No Manā€™s Landing in Bootleg Pass), and I didnā€™t see Allora either (of course since @catwing already posted a map, I donā€™t think that youā€™d need to remake it, but perhaps [for reference purposes] you could add something like a little dot or something to show where it is, how far it is from the other islands, etc.) And although I donā€™t know much about the other places and so canā€™t exactly be of much help there, I think that your maps look awesome!

As for the villain, I sometimes pick a word that describes them and then use that, or I sometimes spell that word backwards (so maybe something like Kcolb Sā€™retirw) and either use that or use it for inspiration.

Or if you donā€™t like that, what about something like (the) Inspiro Void (inspiration void)? Word Blocko? Count Condemner (word-count condemner)? Iā€™m bad at names. ):

Sam Kowal
                @sam-kowal
                  • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel *jaw drops*

Those are some EPIC maps. Especially with all the topography legend and details

I donā€™t know that much about the worlds youā€™ve created, so I canā€™t be sure if there are any inconsistencies. But, awesome job. ;D

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Joy
                  @dekreel

@destinyĀ  I have never been to Aethasia (or played the game). Is Bootleg Pass a peninsula? So No Manā€™s Landing is in the Pass?

I used a very very very cheap computer program called KolourPaint.

@catwing
                    is traveling in the Writerā€™s (@inkling-for-christ ā€˜s) TARDIS along with @emily.Ā  (In case you donā€™t know, a TARDIS is basically a spaceship/time machine. From Dr Who) Allore is on a different planet. So Iā€™m not making a map of Allore.

Thank you for the name suggestions!

@sam-kowal
                    Ā  Thanks a lot! Theyā€™re my very first original maps!

Lady Iliara
                    @lady-iliara
                      • Total Posts: 144

@dekreel Sorry, I havenā€™t been on here in a while! (Thanksgiving, LoTR marathon, and all that šŸ˜šŸ˜)

Hereā€™s a map of Aethasia with some places labeled for your reference. šŸ˜‰

( @aislinn-mollisong @silverclaw-bonnetfolly @0-0enyali0-0 @destiny)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Lady Iliara.

šŸ‘°šŸ»šŸ¦ŠšŸ’„
                      ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Joy
                      @dekreel

@lady-iliaraĀ  Ohhā€¦ Aethasia is smaller than I thought. Thanks so much for the map! Itā€™s very, very helpful!

So is the Snowmoors a mountain range or is it just an area with lots of ice? Or something else? Is there anything west of the Snowmoors? And how big is the Engine Bay? Whatā€™s that mountain next to Evercity? And where is Bootleg Pass?

Sorry about all the questions! šŸ™‚

0-0Enyali0-0
                        @0-0enyali0-0
                          • Total Posts: 32

@dekreel Iā€™ll try to answer some of those questionsā€¦!

1. Honestly I have no idea, I havenā€™t gone to the Snowmoors yet in the game.

2. I donā€™t know that eitherā€¦ hahaā€¦ Iā€™m being very helpful!

3. Engine Bay is basically a beach. Iā€™ll try to get in-game pictures of the place to give you a feel. Itā€™s not a town or anything, itā€™s just a beach with an Aetherstep (portal).

4. The mountain next to Evercity is the Old Mount.

5. Bootleg Pass (I think) is in the middle of No Manā€™s Landing and Engine Bay. In the south of No Manā€™s Landing there is a pathway, and when you follow it, leads you to a fork: you can either go to Engine Bay or Smugglerā€™s Cove (a beach).

https://kingdompen.org/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/54502/354cc97h6dndhpgv6mh97kmof0yx1llv.jpg

The red lines are Bootleg Pass. The arrow pointing to the end of the T is supposed to be Smugglerā€™s Cove not Bootleg Pass, haha!

I hope I didnā€™t confuse you more, heh heh hehā€¦ If you have questions it would be best to ask @lady-iliara XD

ISFJ, energetic, writer-crazy, and has-an-unstoppable-obsession-with-The-Aetherlight!

Lady Iliara
                          @lady-iliara
                            • Total Posts: 144

@dekreel Ok, Iā€™m here! The Snowmoors is mostly pretty flat, with lots of ice, although there are a lot of rock outcroppings. Youā€™ll find snow cobras, snow scorpions, and snow crocodiles there. And I have no clue whatā€™s west of the Snowmoorsā€”thatā€™s up to you, I guess. šŸ˜‰ (Iā€™ve never been to the mountains.)

And I think @0-0enyali0-0 explained it pretty well. Engine Bay is pretty small, a little cliff leading down to a beach. Bootleg Pass goes from the west edge of it to the east of No Manā€™s Landing. (Right to left) And Smugglerā€™s Cove is a little strip of coastline along the Pass. You can collect sea flowers there. ā˜ŗļø

Hope that helps!

šŸ‘°šŸ»šŸ¦ŠšŸ’„
                            ENFJ-T. Arbitrary. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Joy
                            @dekreel

Thanks @lady-iliara, @0-0enyali0-0 and @destiny!

@epicaddie2
                              Ā  @princessfooĀ  Anyway I could improve my Araluen? Landmarks? Climate? Size? Cities?

Joy
                              @dekreel

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I have selected three main characters for the KPA!

Presentingā€¦

Ā 

@princessfoo, @sam-kowal and Stan!!

Sorry to both of you for any inconsistensies in this drawing. šŸ™‚

All the rest of you will be supporting characters, all in an army, like Bilbo and the dwarves! I will do my best to make all your characters as big as possible! šŸ˜€

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel YESS

Stan is so thrilled thatā€™s heā€™s, like, tearing the furniture in my house apartā€“STAN, THAT WAS MY BED YOUā€“oh never mind

The drawing is AWESOME by the way šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€

Itā€™s the awesomeestist portrait of Stan and I thatā€™s ever been conceived ;D

It really looks like Stan, too

I canā€™t wait to see us in the story šŸ˜€

Thanks and epic job on the concept art picture

Ā 

*turns around*

STAN!!

Heā€™s so excited to actually be in a book he just blew a flame, like, several feet long

I think thatā€™s a record for him

Ā 

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 306 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >