A Keeper Adventure

Home Page › Forums › Fiction Writing › General Writing Discussions › A Keeper Adventure

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

@dekreel
      Procrastination eh?
      charged
      😉

Anyway — the idea of having each writer with their own villain is cool but I also think that you’re right about the army. Not to mention it might take a lot of extensive work to think up each and every villain. Plus, I’d like to stick together. 😉 And that way, if you have the shapeshifter villain, it can come to each writer in different forms, like in Narnia, the Dawn Treader.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

Okay, I’m just going to do one villain, but I will try to have everyone have weaknesses.

@inkling-for-christ  I can so relate!! I spent two weeks making notes for an essay I was going to write, and I didn’t start writing the actual paper until the evening before the due date! XD

So! Writing weaknesses! ‘Fess up! 😉

@dragon-snapper
          @lady-iliara  @catwing  @princessfoo  @sam-kowal  @kate-flournoy @silverclaw-bonnetfolly @destiny  @all-my-other-brave-writing-warriors

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
        @dekreel

@dragon-snapper Star Trek gif!!! 😀 😀 Hehe

PrincessFoo
          @princessfoo
            • Total Posts: 194

@dekreel An army of writers sounds super cool!

My biggest problem writing is getting myself to actually write. I like thinking about my story. I like outlining my story. I like talking about my story. But sitting in front of the computer and writing it? Almost never. (That’s actually one of things I’m enjoying about OYAN. It’s forcing me to actually write.) Once I start writing, I do enjoy it. It’s just getting myself to sit down and put one word after another thats the problem.

Or, to put it another way, my problem is lack of discipline.

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

@dekreel Yes! It was perfect! 😀

Anyway, I wouldn’t say mine is procrastination with writing, but that I’m perfect. Yes. I have no weaknesses whatsoever. 😉 Okay, actually, it’s probably uh….ummm…Yeah, you know what, I don’t have any weaknesses.
              Dekreel, do you have any suggestions? Something that would be helpful in the story?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sam Kowal
              @sam-kowal
                • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel Hmm

*Stan belts off a whole list of weaknesses…* No, Stan, it’s not gonna matter in the story that I can’t keep salad dressing down, and no, that would not be cool to have the Dark Lord force feed it to me…

Ahh where was I

Writing weaknesses

My biggest weakness is simply that I’m not good enough at it

Not good enough at making gripping scenes, or well placed plots

But it would be nice to have something more specific probably, soo

I guess, finishing projects

I tend to start a lot of things and then they dissatisfy me and I never complete them

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Joy
                @dekreel

@dragon-snapper  No weaknesses?? Everybody has a weakness! (no offence)

What kind of suggestions? Like weaknesses you could have? *pulls out list* Let’s see, I have perfection, presque vu (tip-of-the-tongue), fear, “imprisonment,” procrastination, discipline, discouragement, and lack of motivation.

PrincessFoo
                  @princessfoo
                    • Total Posts: 194

@dekreel You’re imprisoned? I will come rescue you!

Ingrid
                    @ingridrd
                      • Total Posts: 830

@dekreel  My w-weaknesses as a writer?  *pulls out 100-foot-long list*  Let’s see here.

I care too much about what other people think.  I have a tendency to view myself as not good enough in relation to writing.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Joy
                      @dekreel

@princessfoo Oh! I didn’t say my weaknesses were all of those things! Those were the ones on my list! Oops XD

Destiny
                        @destiny
                          • Total Posts: 37

@dekreel I like what you’ve posted of the KPA so far!

I could suggest ways to incorporate/build off of both your idea and your mom’s, if you want…

For weaknesses, I’d say perfectionism is my worst enemy. (By the way, what do you mean by “imprisonment”?)

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
                          @0-0enyali0-0 @lady-iliara thanks for helping Dekreel out with Aethasia. I have yet to unlock the Map of Aethasia, so that does make it a bit harder for me to describe the layout. X(

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Destiny.
                          Joy
                          @dekreel

@destiny  What do I mean by “imprisonment?” Um… Actually I don’t know why I posted that as a weakness :-/  I basically meant that when you have writer’s block, it’s like your mind and your imagination is chained up and you can’t move. You can’t go beyond the chains of your weaknesses. I’m not saying the chains are undefeatable though 🙂

So I guess it’s not a weakness, but it’s a result OF the weakness.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Joy.

Destiny
                            @destiny
                              • Total Posts: 37

@dekreel aha, okay. I know the feeling.

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 3976

@Dekreel too many ideas and getting too excited and determined about finishing them all and saving the world by Thursday, Friday at the latest. 😛

Grace H.
                                @gh24682468999
                                  • Total Posts: 199

@dekreel I haven’t really been on here much BUT FIRST THANK YOU FOR DOING ALL OF THIS!! 🙂

And my writing weakness is mostly perfectionism. (The deadline is looming… but I just have to rewrite this little sentence eight more times before it’s perfect…) I tend to dislike revision because I want my draft to be already so well written the first time.

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                                  literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 306 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >