@trailblazer
Active 6 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 758
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Right, so like the first impression they give others. That would be interesting. I think I’d prefer just to write a paragraph from the point of view of someone else, and see how the main character looks from their eyes.
Okay, yeah. That could definitely come in handy for some characters. For me, it’s kind of hard to think of things like…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Wait is that from a prequel/sequel? Nice!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh and as long as the rest of your book is unique it’s alright to have a stereotypical ending. It’s when your book has a love triangle, America as a setting, and rebels taking down the government. If you can add one factor to really mix it up and make it something totally new, it won’t be considered stereotypical (Is it set…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
Something I have heard about in my research about plots is that there’s two separate goals your character has to reach. One of them is said and known about, such as defeating the government, the other is never mentioned but obvious to the reader. Something the character really longs for, a personal goal that is just as i…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
yeah, if you don’t get to it that’s totally fine!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
“All right, all right already. I’ve got a headache and I’m seeing kinda double and I feel weird in that I’m concerned on winning a war and you’re concerned about what I should be concerned about.”
“Well this is worrying.” …
Haha that’s funny
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you!! 😊
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ and
Aranel are now friends 2 years, 11 months ago -
hybridlore replied to the topic Overview of my main WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I like them! Flamebreaker, Midnight, and Lightshard are my favorites, I think. And the blurb looks good!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
They look really good!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, I’ve seen questions like that on personality questionnaires like this before. So something like “Makes others feel: intimidated” or sort of like that?
-
hybridlore started the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
@esther-c @mineralizedwritings @anyone-else
Hey guys! I know y’all write dystopian too, so maybe you’ll have some tips about this?
I’ve been trying to plot my WIP lately, and I’m having trouble coming up with the ending. I usually pants things, but recently I’ve been trying to at least figure out where it’s going. I’m only maybe a third of the…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Here is Flaz’s board. He, too, is one of my WIP’s five MCs.

-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks so much, girl! (Lately I’ve been second guessing myself, lol)
If you want to read the whole thing, here’s the link:
https://editor.reedsy.com/s/p8SdhuQ
(Of course you don’t have to if you don’t want to, haha)
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks!! 😊
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
This one is my favorite of the two you posted! I love it!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Okay, sounds cool!
Ok, Marcurious sounds like a really cool character. 😁
I love him <3 he’s one of my favorites
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 (Ok, awesome!) @grcr @rae @trailblazer @mineralizedwritings @freedomwriter76 @acancello
Hedieh
As Hedieh twirled around the room with Amir, she couldn’t help but smile. This was so much fun. As the music slowly stopped, Hedieh sighed and let her hands fall to her sides. “You caught on pretty quickly.”
“That doesn’t mean it w…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh and you asked for the plot 🤦🏻♀️ Oops. XD Here’s the blurb for the trilogy:
They’ve been trapped inside The Orb for twenty years. It covered all of Aletheia. But it slowly closes in on the nation. The people stuck inside have no way to communicate to those outside. Families are separated. But the people have gotten used to…
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks so much!!
Yeah, for sure! I do have the first draft of the first book posted somewhere on here, but it’s changed a lot since then. I’m actually planning to post the third draft as I edit it soon.
- Load More
