@trailblazer
Active 6 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 758
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! I fixed the stall part in my document, but it won’t let me edit my post anymore.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
So, the king has been traveling for a while. He wasn’t aware of the rules put on the people by his regents, who he’d appointed to take care of the country while he was gone.
When I wrote it, I was trying to create sort of an allegory. I know it’s not perfect, but that’s what I was thinking when I came up with it. The king is meant to…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
I added a few sentences that hopefully resolve it a little better? I’m not sure. Do you still think it’s missing something?
… I can’t believe I didn’t see it before—who he was. The suspicion has grown inside of me for weeks, strengthening with each day that passed. When the guards disappeared from the marketplace. When the curfe…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Alright! XD Thanks, I appreciate it.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Got it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I knew it was pretty obvious. I’m not sure how else to write it (where it’s not obvious) in such a short word count.
So, yeah. As soon as I posted it I was like, oh, I need to add something that talks about how the rules/guards have been changed. Really when I wrote it I was thinking it’d have a few more scenes, but then when I got…[Read more] -
-GRCR- replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok! Thanks!!
yyyyetttt…. though it’s confusing, I may or may not change it… idk…
There are lots of characters with similar names in this story, and—since there are lots of siblings—it’s kinda how I group the characters family-wise… and, yeah, though Blaine and Blair aren’t related, I kinda tie them together in my min…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
It’s almost 2024 … 😳
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Ugh, I know, that’s the worst. Maybe try Nameberry? I usually go there for names.
-
hybridlore started the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c @jonas @highscribeofaetherium @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @whalekeeper @rae @kyronthearcanin @trailblazer @anyone-interested
Hi! I wrote this short story… I think last week, and I would love any critiques or advice you guys have. I’m not really sure if the ending is timed right… but anyway, I’m excited to see what you think! The…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks!!
😅 Oof, yeah… I had named them before I came up with the book, and it wasn’t supposed to be confusing…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I like it! Blair and Blaine are really similar names, though. That might get confusing, unless it’s intentional?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic An aggravation over Stained Glass in the forum Poetry Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
@koshka This is really beautiful!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think Sef and Chase are basically done talking (so are Liv and Lukas)…so sure!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, Rylee loves her dog named Bear, and just animals and general XD
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
…heh hee hee…
…an extremely short snippet of an upcoming chapter in my book…
________
Belle walked along the garden pathway. Each step she took was place in a slow, queen-like manner. Her hourglass body was clothed in one of her purple mermaid dresses, and it sparkled and shined in the morning sun. Gold earrings dangled from her small…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you all for the nice comments and feedback, I’m taking everything into consideration and I’m thankful to have people who are willing to be honest and encouraging
😊
also to answer the most popular question, no this wasn’t the first chapter or anything, so all the characters would be properly introduced in the actual book
Ohh… I see…
-
Esther replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh this is so fun! Yeah, it’s after Christmas, but I’m answering anyway. XD
how do you celebrate Christmas Eve/Christmas?
Typically our church has a Christmas Eve service, so we’ll go to that. For Christmas Eve dinner, we’ll eat finger foods and we make a punch with Hawaiian Punch, 7-UP, and orange sherbet. Then there’s this cute…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
I know this is late, but I’ll be praying for him too. That’s tough. ❤️
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@everyone
What do y’all think about switching parnters for the next dance? Of course you can finish up your conversations and such though. 😉
- Load More
