@theducktator
Active 3 weeks, 5 days ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@artist-peoples-idk
Would anyone be interested in starting an art/illustration critique forum? Just curious, I think it might be fun, but I want to know if other people would want to before I create a new topic. Idk, just an idea. If nobody likes the idea that’s fine.
I can share more of what I had in mind if anyone would like.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
When I say it’s a good horror story, I mean that. There are a lot of thought-provoking horrors out there, usually to represent things gone too far, like dystopias. I think most good horrors are functionally dystopias.
Coraline is about home, courage, and the horrors of wishful thinking. It takes a ‘what if’ and digs into exactly…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
The Village wasn’t that bad, to be honest. It was disturbing, but in more of a thought-provoking way because of the plot.
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Mateo
The figure kept his arms on his guitar. “Do these guys who blow stuff up bother you often?” The figure like the winged muchacho, and for some reason he felt inclined to help him if these others were a problem to him.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Aw maaan 😂 I’ve never seen you back down on dramatic ‘dark’ stuff before… *Gives you a side-eye*
-
Andrew replied to the topic Character Sketches in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle do you want me to repost mine?
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@raxforge
MarcelMarcel blew air out of his cheeks. He spoke quickly. “And there it is. Please don’t gang up with the rest of the guys who blow stuff up. I’m lucky enough that a couple of them restrain themselves. If you stay chill, I won’t have to fight you. Deal?”
He stuck out his hand for a handshake.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I think the subscription factor can cause this problem even when you tag people, so I’d say, make sure everyone is subscribed.
-
Andrew replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I did respond, but I didn’t get a notification either.
I’m not subscribed, and I didn’t get any notification when Ellette tagged me.
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Mateo
The figure smiled, a devilish creepy smile. He admired the guy who seemed to have no fear of him. He starred at him for a while, finishing his melody with one last chilling chord. “I blow stuff up. You are curious, muchacho.”
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Are y’all subscribed to the topic? I think it can glitch sometimes and remove your subscription.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Marcel
“I just had a hunch you aren’t a theater kid,” Marcel said, watching him strum the instrument. “It isn’t just you. I have to ask several people questions. You’re willing to answer, or…?”
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Coraline! It’s a classic children’s horror story. The book reads like a fairy tale, and I could gush about the movie for a long time, but I won’t. XD
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Mateo
The figure stopped walking, but never stopped playing his guitar in its minor key. He lifted his head slightly to meet the gaze of the fellow who was asking him questions. The figure’s face wasn’t even a face, but it was a skull, with two blue eyes in the center, looking dead into the interrogator’s eyes. He began to speak in…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I was told the writing style wasn’t great either.
It’s crass, in a funny way. XD I’ve only read the first book.
Have you read the original Rapunzel? Like, the 100 page narrative? Old, old, old.
I don’t think so. Then again, I know a lot of variations, so I’ve probably read an abridged version at some point.
I’ve nev…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m glad you enjoyed it! Definitely a new feel.
Well, thank you for venturing into new grounds! This does help freshen up this story from the others.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
“When I read the gospels, it was clear that they were written by four different men, and that being so, those four different men record what they saw, how they saw it, and what details they believe were most important,” Heinrich explained. “Matthew, for instance, has a long genealogy in the beginning of his account and write…
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
One of my characters owns a pizza shop, Duck and Fred’s, and I made the Duck’s Special once. It made me so happy.
Awh cool! that’s so fun!! 🤩💛
- Load More
