@theducktator
Active 3 weeks, 5 days ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper lolll the horse meme got a good laugh out of my brother
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle Weirdly enough, I actually kinda liked Julian’s POV. It was interesting to see someone who was technically monotheistic, but it wasn’t the true God, and how Julian reacted to that. I feel like even if you chuck the story for now, you should save the concept for either later in the book or a different one.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@whalekeeper nope, I’m not a board games/roleplay games person. My friend and I did a warrior cats tabletop game once, but it didn’t last long. I only play roleplay games (mostly warrior cats or dragon-themed) on computer now.
-
Andrew replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I have very little experience with play DnD, but I know how to play pretty well.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Does anyone have experience playing DnD? We talked about it on the meet-up call today, and I’ve done a bit of research.
(I know this probably isn’t the best place to ask, but I’m also interested to see if most people avoid the game, or whatever.)
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Aw, I’m sorry to hear that, I’ll be praying for you.
Thanks man 🙂
It is the morning of the dance. The party will start in the evening so there’s still plenty of time.
-
whaley replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
I think it would depend on how traumatized Alan’s instincts are. It makes sense for somebody in panic to fly off into risky situations, but if he has the sense to think about how he’s going to travel and hide, then he might have to put some thought into where he is going.
-
Andrew replied to the topic Potato news 64 in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
*squirrel attacks the new station again, killing another potato with a garden spade, then fleeing*
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
My two of my mom’s guy friends were killed through that game when she was a teenager.
Yikes! That’s scary
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Understandable.
I have also just considered making up a world with my friends and doing our own fantasy RPG in it.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
btw, do you like RP type games?
I’ve kind of wanted to get into D&D, but with a group of Christians so that we can do a campaign without anything the anyone feels uncomfortable with. My friends has tried to start a Star Wars one a fet times, but that had never worked out.
That War Story: Occupied France sounds kind of neat, but I…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@theducktator @ellette-giselle
Okay. Thank you both. I might wait to see what @whalekeeper thinks, but your responses are helpful. I could add a moment of clarity where he realizes what he is doing when he is too close to the village and gets caught up in the fight, even if he plans to escape.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
That makes sense. However again, different people would react differently.
But what about when he wakes up?
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I love Mateo 😂😅
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
This could be interesting to try…. but I’m not sure Julian and Leon feel like that sort of person…….. do either of them feel that way to you?
I guess both of them do seem to be confident individuals. Julian is certainly a blame others type, considering his reaction to Adrian’s death. Leon, I’m not so sure about it.
I’m just re…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Is it bad that it was reversed?
I wounldn’t say so. It just makes this scene feel more like a moment where Joseph/Arron is struggling then Noah/David encourages or seems stronger.
Hmm…. I might possibly chuck that section altogether………..
Up to you.
Well….. I think that might be because that tends to be what happens to me when I’m…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
What if he stops for the night? (Which he will need to do. Nearland can be reached in a day on horseback from Dehn Prisson, but someone walking would have to take a break.) Do you think it would cross his mind then?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
And there may be other ways to get Alan with his friends that would work better.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
I should mention that Alan acctually doesn’t even know if his friends are still there, thinking Stripe might have gotten them to move on.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle @theducktator @whalekeeper
Okay, another question for all of you. I’m wondering if Alan would even return to the abandoned village. After he escapes the prison, he starts heading there since he has nowhere else to go in the moment, but then it occurs to him that the Wizards will probably look for him there. His friends are in…[Read more]
- Load More
