@theducktator
Active 3 weeks, 4 days ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@grcr man I’ll never be able to get used to right to left reading lol
the art is great though!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper that’s cool!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Also I found a cute bookmark in the Ghibli book. <3

-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I have officially decided research is a cool hobby.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I just need a moment to share my excitement

Just got most of these in the mail!! My thesis is due in a month and I’m trying to figure out the film+psychology angle before I start writing. I now own all of these books besides Hollywood: The Oral History. I have very little time to read, but I’m already through with two of them. Now I can rec…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Sure, he can try. He’s been trying for the last few minutes. It’s not going to do much good. He’s a sixteen-year-old kid against several temple guards.
They’re going to win.
Common sence. Got it.
btw, why Nick? Everyone does “Bob” or “Bill” around here when they don’t know the name.
Short for Nicodemus. That’s all I will explain…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
No worries! I get it. I just wondered.
(Another thought, the priests think Leon is dead from what I know. I don’t know if they ever learned that the arrow did not hit him. But this person wrote the letter directly to Leon.)
Ohh, good point!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay, sounds fine, but you might want to check out Ellette’s profile first. She just put some warning there about using Google.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
The high priest stepped forward so that he was inches from Dietrich. “We will take you from the palace— there is no need to draw unwanted attention. Once we have reached the temple, I will put to death your traitorous servant.”
Diedrich felt a chill run down his spine, and he darted a glance at Marius. His friend had strai…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, it’s kind of overused, but it does make plots interesting.
Sounds good!
By the way, did you see the next chapter of TCOH?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
That’s funny! 😆 Yeah, I had no idea this was the last section, but then… once I read it, I was like, okay, that kind of works. But it was definitely a shock.
(For a reader with an actual copy of the book, it wouldn’t be, cause you’d get to see how many pages left. We’re kind of reading blindly on here. XD)
Yeah, that makes sen…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Leon was dragged from the warm comfort of sleep by something sharp pricking his leg. He readjusted, shaking his leg, but something pinched him. “Ow!” he exclaimed, bending over to inspect the pricking.
At that moment, something whistled overhead and struck the chair. Leon hit the floor and rolled to a crouch, the annoying pai…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
The END????
I feel like Marius and Prince Dietrich will come back. The way you left it, it does sound like an eyewitness saw their deaths, but… Why would you have cut the scene off so soon? It feels unfinished. If you didn’t intend that, maybe you should make it clearer that they did die.
I don’t know, I guess I’m just used to…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Group Art Challenges! in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
Thank you! I have a secret idea for using this color pallet again but it’ll take some practice. 😅
Hey that’s very stylized! To be fair, roses are difficult to draw at the right angle, and I think you did a great job.
*Gasp* How dare you
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Group Art Challenges! in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
…totally not overthinking it. totally.
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Group Art Challenges! in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
This was…quite difficult to say the least. I don’t think I’m quite happy with how it turned out. At all. But here is mine. My beloved Brayden—red, purple, cream (?). I wanted to do it all traditionally with markers and such, but the lineart I had turned out so beautiful that I didn’t want to ruin it by my lacking skills.

I’m painfully a…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
Here is a random unfinished page of a comic I started a year or two ago. Of course I recreated it digitally and revamped some things, but it follows the basic ideas of the original panels.

I was gonna do two pages—because I have just enough content for that—but I got so exhausted from this one that I probaby won’t. Seriously took way too much…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
Credit to my older brother for suggesting drawing the little veins in the rabbit’s eye XD
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Group Art Challenges! in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
Wow! That’s cool, I like it! The olive green really brings out the red
- Load More

