@theducktator
Active 3 weeks, 3 days ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
whaley replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
…I feel like you guys can see the first post and I can’t… I hate accidentally making repeat posts. Oh, well.
-
whaley replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Okay, well, I’ll write my thingy again
Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for?
Can be any kind of trope! Romantic, hero’s journey, maybe a specific character archetype.I found out over time that I don’t really like the trope where the government is over-controlling and tyrannical. The idea is realistic, it’s j…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Testing… did this post come through?
-
whaley started the topic Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 5 months ago
Is there any popular trope or writing style you don’t get the hype for?
(By the way, this is the 101st TotW post! Kind of cool.)
Can be any kind of trope! Romantic, hero’s journey, maybe a specific character archetype.
I found out over time that I don’t really like the trope where the government is over-controlling and tyrannical. The idea is r…[Read more] -
Ruth changed their profile picture 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Ruth posted an update 1 year, 5 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon You’ve published some of your animal fantasy books, correct? I’m not very big into animal fantasy, but i have a friend who is. Her birthday is coming up, and I was wondering where I could purchase one or two of your books for her.
-
Oh, sorry for the late response!
I haven’t published yet. I’m touched that you’d want to get them though. 🙂 When is her birthday? I could send/share printable short stories. (In fact, quite a few KeePers could do a compilation)
If you want to get her some great animal fantasy books though, I would 100% recommend The Mistantle Chronicles by…[Read more] -
Also! Kylie Beevers ( @livingwoodchronicles ) is a KeePer that’s published. She has a fun series about a kingdom of foxes. The first book is Rise of the Living Wood. I think the second one is coming out soon. It’s sold on Amazon, and maybe in some book stores? I liked it. 🙂
-
Her birthday party is tomorrow (I’m late getting to this because I didn’t know until about a week ago) and I do have a gift for her that i got just in case I couldn’t get a book in time. Thank you for the suggestions, i might just get her a belated birthday present after the party. Thx again
-
-
-
Andrew replied to the topic DnD QNA in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
That’s awesome! If you guys have any questions just let me know. And if you you guys are confused about the rules in the middle of a game/session, just make it up so that it can keep the game moving. It’s better to have fun making up rules than spending 30 minutes trying to find a rule like; how high you can jump standing still or…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic DnD QNA in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Me and my sister will get DnD supplies soon! 😄 I found several friends to play with irl as well. None of us has experience, so I’ll have to learn the DM role by myself.
-
whaley replied to the topic Bland Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
A list of suggestions, because lists seem to help me. :]
1. SLEEP.
2. Think hard to see if there are any emotional problems holding you back. Maybe you’re comparing your work to other people too much. Maybe you struggle to connect with your first draft because it doesn’t have the same punch you expected it to have.
Then, if there…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
I will also add to 7 that women shouldn’t be able to hold a position in the church higher than that of deacon.
In the Catholic Church, it would be a possibility to have Deaconesses but not woman deacons. They have, however, been found unnecessary since we no longer baptize people naked.
(It would be weird to have a man baptize a w…[Read more]
-
Andrew changed their profile picture 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter 18 out!
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
Wyoh ate all my answers to my own questions.
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
Alright so I have questions for everyone or for @the_lost-journal
1. What do you get out of church or Sunday service? (If anything? I don’t know)
2. How important is your denomination or lack thereof to you?
3. Do you think people can make mistakes interpreting the Bible? What would a solution to this be, if there is one?
4. Is there anything…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
AS THAT QUICK ENOUGH FOR YOU>! ARE U STILL ALIVE.”?!??!?!?!?! AHHHHHHJHĦ!!!!!
I am–
*dies*
Jk I’m fine, I was trying to answer that before I had to go to school. It was like fifteen minutes before I had to catch the bus but I was NOT willing to leave it be. I started it and I was GOING to FINISH it.
Anyway.
I find this an…
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 5 months ago
What are your thoughts on Jesus having siblings?
I think it’s quite plausible that they were his cousins, since we know that Mary had a sister, who was also named Mary, and was the wife of Clopas. We also see what seems to be this Mary called “Mary, the mother of James and Joseph.” But Jesus’ mother is not referenced that way throughout the rest…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter 17 out!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@ellette-giselle The Hidden World???
Ohhh man I loved that one too. The visuals were so beautiful. And while I’ve heard tons of complaints about how Toothless and Hiccup separated and whether that plot was done right, I think it works, and tells the story beautifully.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@ellette-giselle YESSSSSSSS
they’re so good! Which is your favorite? I can’t choose, I like all of them.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
@theducktator yes!
- Load More
