@theducktator
Active 3 weeks, 1 day ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
or like water creatures. Look up the Mosasaurus, it’s a giant extinct lizard which had fins instead on legs and swam instead of dwelling on land.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle I can see that now. The map is awesome.
….are there actually dragons?
(if you don’t wanna go the hyper fantasy route, they could just be large lizards. Think Komodo dragons.)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle cool, cool, I guess there’ll be a little town there from now on. I didn’t see the map, or if I did it was a while back ago.
are they still living in the cave or have they started doing something else? I can remember a few stories of Christian factions escaping into caves and stuff to avoid persecution and living there for a while.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 5 months ago
@the_lostj-ournal you’re welcome! just keep drawing and you’ll keep improving.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle wow! So are the other Christians gonna stay in the mountains forever (well, not forever, but at least for a decently long time, maybe make a town there) or are they gonna go over the mountains and to some hypothetical other side?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
Ah. Not sure what version I like better. Gravitating towards the one I already know, but only because it is familiar.
This is the version we sing at our church. Is it the same one your church uses?
Any thoughts on that? Do you think it’s good that it’s just back to Leon and Jul…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
How long, oh Lord, how long
Will this go on, go on?
How long, oh Lord, how long
Will this go on, go on?Was this song inspired by Psalm 13? We have a similar hymn we sing at out church inspired by that Psalm.
So they are headed back now. I guess they couldn’t hide in the mountains forever. I think you chose just the right moment…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
Ugh. I sound so heartless and not at all like I was tearing up AGAIN when I edited that scene, even though I’ve been over it more times then I can count.
lol
-
whaley replied to the topic Think Twice About Character Death! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon
Thank you! And I’m glad the examples made sense to someone besides me. The characters must be protected not only for themselves, but for the sake of story legacy. ⚔️Too hesitant to kill off characters who probably should actually die for the plot/ their own arc.
Some people are definitely more like that. I fall…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@ellette-giselle very true, it’s really worse for him.
Freezing to death is a nasty way to go though.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter 25 out!
I don’t think I want this to be James. This is too similar to Eric. Both characters feel unappreciated, and grow depressed because they don’t fit in and feel. The only thing different is James has hope in The Saviour so he’s less self centered and is more outgoing.…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Think Twice About Character Death! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
Oh yeah, I just remembered. I discussed this with another book-reading friend, and that’s why it was in my mind.
-
whaley started the topic Think Twice About Character Death! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
This morning, a list of thoughts suddenly popped into my head. I don’t know why. Maybe because I’ve been reading more books lately. :-]
It’s easy to think a reader’s negative response to a character death is ultimately good. You want them to feel a gut punch, right? You want them to be angry, right? You want them to cry, right? I cannot deny this…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
@linus-smallprint @ellette-giselle @keilah-h @theducktator
New chapters!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
Yeahh xD If I had stopped to think about it, I probably would have expected something to happen with it.
Oh yeah. Thanks for the reminder. XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
I do remember Julian talking to Ernst about his father, if that’s what you’re talking about. Nice to get a glimpse into his state of mind before… well…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
Wow. This has always been a favorite section of mine but, i must know, why did you say that? What makes this one stand out so much?a
The chase. Most of the time, when soldiers show up, we realize that this is it. For example, when Joseph and his family were arrested. We know there is only a slim chance of escape before they are…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
I have to say, this was probably one of the most exciting sections I’ve ever read in this series.
Julian, Ernst, Rolf, and Walter have gone out hunting today.
Not Roland? I know he just got married, but that man loves hunting, and its not like he’s going on a honeymoon right now. They should at least invite him to be…[Read more]
- Load More
