@theducktator
Active 2 weeks, 1 day ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Esther replied to the topic My New/Old WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Oooh, I love the sound of this!!!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Think I like Veil of Night better than Let the Be Light. I find Joseph more relatable than Aaron. I’ll go into more detail about this when I give you the feedback. I do have to go now and get ready for school.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I really can’t believe that you take the time to reread the whole book! Thank you so much!
I find it helps me to remember things and notice smaller details I have otherwise missed. Also, I’m sitting around on the train with nothing to do anyway on my way to school, so why not?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Yes.
I finished rereading your book yesterday. I will try to get feedback to you soon.
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Sounds good! I missed this past week, but I’m going to try and see whether I can be there next week.
Get well soon! (Why do we say that? It’s not as if we have any power over getting well soon. I dunno.)
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Nice Cat eye. I don’t know why, but I find drawing animal eyes very satisfying. Somehow it is easier to focus on the shading and the result often ends up being very realistic. Good job with the fur around it as well. I like your rose as well. The cross-hatching is an interesting style. Thank you for sharing!
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Hehe, the Tell-Tale Heart is pretty fun to read, just because of how dramatic it is. Dark, but fun.
I remember writing a short story about a guy who was the president or something and thought that the sun had fallen out of the sky and went crazy and told the press about it.
He should stop spending time with Chicken Little, that’s what I…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic My New/Old WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
That sounds interesting. I am helping out a few other people with their WIPs right now, so I don’t know how much time I will have to help you, but I wouldn’t mind hearing a little more about your characters.
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
I write absurdist fiction. I’m pretty happy about it.
Great! I remember writing a short story about a guy who was the president or something and thought that the sun had fallen out of the sky and went crazy and told the press about it. It was written because I’d read The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe and I was inspired to write…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh, you explained it much butter. That’s pretty much how I was pronouncing it except for the weird French J that my head refuses to drop.
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
I would not be able to draw anything like that if my life depended on it. Don’t you DARE say you’re bad at art XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
After a couple weeks of contemplation, the only genre my project seems to fall into is ‘absurdist fiction.’
Me:

It fits, and it’s funny, but it’s so hard to explain to people. I’m just trying to imagine having a conversation with a writer friend. “I’ve got a deep epic fantasy world, how about you?” “I write absurdist fiction. I’m pretty happy…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic My New/Old WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
*SUBSCRIBES*
I need to read this, one hundred percent. I’m sorry I haven’t jumped onto this topic right away, school and thesis have been attacking all my cognitive functions.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Eeeeyyyyyy cool art!!
Cross hatching and stippling look good, but they take sooo long… And if you get impatient, it looks messy.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
*offers cake, slowly claps*
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Wow! Yeah, I wouldn’t have guessed that! What is the origin of your last name?
Funny story… my grandma’s maiden name was probably originally said one way, since it’s not pronounced how it looks, but when her mom (or grandma? I can’t remember which) married into the family, she started pronouncing it a different way since she had a lisp. And…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
well, you got closer than some people do XD
It’s pronounced eyesuh-la. Hopefully that makes sense. Some places will say it’s pronounced with an “ee” sound on the end instead of the “la” but I specifically know my Oma (who was actually my great grandmother and not my grandmother but she always wanted us to call her…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Are we planning another one of these for this Saturday, or what’s the plan? 😉
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
I would say it, Eye-suhl, like the Eiffel Tower but with an S instead.
- Load More
