@theducktator
Active 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint That’s a good idea; I’ve done the same, but the line is more in my mind than on the paper. I, personally, just imagine whether the creature would be balanced this way.

I’m pretty sure I’ve already posted this one here, but here it is again so I can break it down. Sniper is kinda in a bent pose and facing more towards us with…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle that’s…..exactly what I have an issue with. They’re all so good!!
I’d say if you have repeats, two that are supposed to depict the same scene, pick your favorite and leave the other one.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Also, the drawings are all amazing, I can’t choose which ones to axe and which to keep.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Um…. it’s called “Joseph was being stubborn and wouldn’t let me draw his hand and I was ripping a hole in the paper I erased it so many times, so then Amelia offered me a random piece of fabric, because she insisted I couldn’t make her skirt cover Joseph’s hand because it wouldn’t lay right. Which I agreed with)
LOLLLLL this…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Do y’all have strong thoughts on either of the chapters?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I just didn’t do them yet because I decided it was a hugging day.
Can I just say, that is a hilarious quote. 🤣
I don’t know if the one with Joseph hugging the girl is a major part of the story, so I would maybe hesitate on moving it onto the next stage. Not that every illustration needs to be an important scene, but I don’t k…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
It legitimately fascinates me. Anyway. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
Job is absolutely fascinating. The two God speeches at the end? What with the literary symbols from the time, his addressing of the two sides in Job’s dilemma, and tone of voice – God ate and left no crumbs.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I do not like full body illustrations. They are so difficult! Legs are awful! At least I can normally hide them on girls because of skirts and dresses. But Guys….. ugh. So hard to do.
Fair point. I struggle with legs often as well. I’ve been getting better recently.
Do you outline your drawings first? This has helped me improve m…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
How big is your church? (if you go to church.)
My church had roughly 200 members last time I checked, many of which are children.
What is your opinion on Mary?
I mean, I like Mary. ^_^ I don’t believe in praying through higher saints because I don’t believe God pays more attention to anyone. God can hear me just as well by myself. But I don…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Sorry, I forgot to add you. Chapter 3 and 4 are out!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Also, what’s on Joseph’s hand in the one of him with Amelia in prison?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
FOR LTBL
Hmm… I don’t think there was any scenes I wanted to see that you didn’t get. Do you have illustrations for anywhere near the end? You probably wouldn’t want to show Aaron’s execution, but maybe him standing arrested by the soldiers or something.
My favorites–probably the one of Sabina hugging Turin, the two little…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic The Quote Archive in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
The amount of “vertically challenged” jokes at school in seventh and eighth grade still haunts my soul…
At least I’m taller than my mom
She’s five foot
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Chapters 3 and 4 are out! I think I’m going to post these on a separate doc for now, and we’ll see how it goes. As of now, I’m also planning to post two chapters every week, maybe on Tuesdays. That way I’m not glued to my screen all the time waiting to hear y’all’s feedback, and it gives me some time to catch up on my…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Yayyyy!!! Illustrations!!
(Even tho I already saw most of these haha. Great job!!)
Also, you can delete a forum???
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Have a few minutes to give some brief comments in a break in my class. I may have more to say later.
I tend to like illustrations that show the full body. Many of yours are close-ups of the upper torso. But that is a preference, so don’t worry about that. Overall these are fine!
I like the horse. He’s chillin.
Another…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
I would love to answer these questions, but I don’t think I have the time right now, sorry.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
(I’m watermarking them just because I’m paranoid. Sorry)
Understandable. That’s why I created links to the artwork I shared yesterday instead of uploading them to Kingdom Pen directly, so I can revoke them later if I want to.
Oh, do you want to see the ones from LTBL or TVON?
Tough choice. Hmm… what about… both!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you again!
You’re welcome!
I have a good deal of the illustrations done. Would you be interested in looking them over once I scan them in to the laptop? If you don’t have the time then that’s totally fine. I can ask my editor her thoughts. I would just be interested in the opinion of another artist.
Sure thing! Would lov…[Read more]
- Load More
