@theducktator
Active 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
*Reads a little bit*
*Loves it*
*Makes a mental note to read more, and subscribes*
-
whaley replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
My thinking cap is at your disposal!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
They might. In book 2, some characters will be travelling and will have to hunt for some food. Since deer is off the menu, hares, or other rabbit-like animals, will be a source of food to them.
Ahh, makes sense. Scratch the rabbit idea then.
(This is why we can be glad there are no human-animal hybrids in the real world)
lol yeah…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- posted an update 1 year, 8 months ago
@theducktator | Hey, random question… have you ever played Duck Life? The game where you train ducks to race? 😅 just wondering.
-
-GRCR-'s profile was updated 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you for your ideas! Maybe one day, I will actually come up with another race.
hares (do those count as an edible animals to you and are thus off the list? If so ignore that suggestion
They might. In book 2, some characters will be travelling and will have to hunt for some food. Since deer is off the menu, hares, or other…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- changed their profile picture 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Ah. No, I don’t tend to do that.
Okay. It did take some time to get used to, but it has helped me improve my drawing a bit.
I can send a few sketches I started last night. Some are finished while some are still in the outline stage.
Sure!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint okay, ideas!
- Arctic: This is cliche, but bears (with grizzly, polar, and black variants) would be cool. Or a semi-aquatic, fisherman race of seals.
- Asia: Red pandas, turtles, Asian elephants, or the flying dragon lizard might be cool.
- Oceans: This is gonna be hard if you want your creatures to retain some form of humanity.…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks! I will start posting things on here probably on Monday, Febuary 3. My goal is to get through all of this in a month so I can start writing the first draft in March.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh my goodnessssss. I just typed out a super long response to your post, and then Wyoh ate it because I wasn’t signed in. 😭😭
I love these ideas. Thank you so much for all the time you’re putting into this (I love bouncing ideas off of someone! There’s a lot of stuff I haven’t figured out with this.) And I’m glad you like the…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint started the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
@stephie @theducktator @whalekeeper @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
At the start of February (less than a week away already, wow…) I’m going to start putting together an outline for The Narrow Path Trilogy: Book II – The Sword. I’m still trying to figure out some things for this and I have some questions I would like to ask your opinion on (for…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
Do you have a plan for the front cover? (Ignore this question if you’re swamped with thoughts for the illustrations XD)
Still trying to figure that out. This is what I am currently using, and I may do something similar to this in the end (with a background, coloured, and fully developed of course. I still need to learn and practice d…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Hold on. I have it saved somewhere. It’s the same as in the document I sent you a while back:
Ah, found it:
Africa (Sahvahnah)
Lions (Lyens)
Arctic
Slot open
Asia
Slot open
Australia (Zimbwania)
Australian Water Dragons (Gorbs)
Central America
Slot open
Europe
Slot open
Slot open
Oceans
Slot open
North America (New Sahvahnah)
Deer… -
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint I have a tiny one of those. You’re right, they’re good for basic poses, but mine at least is nowhere near the amount of flexibility for the poses I have my characters in much of the time.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
@linus-smallprint what regions of the world are you missing?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
This is the manikin I mention. He is helpful for posing, but not as flexible as I would prefer him to be:

-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m not sure what you mean by outline. I do young sketches, see if I like the drawing, and then move from there.
Basically a simple form of the drawing I use to decide where things will all go and to help me get the proportions right. It’s useful because if I make a mistake here, for example, make the arms to long, or draw the h…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
have you thought of a chameleon race or are you gonna stick to the lizards all being Australian water dragons?
I don’t know. I still haven’t thought of any more races other than the ones that are already in there, except possibly a horse-like one. So I still have seven out of thirteen slots open.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Your art does look good. I’m a little thrown off because the picture you took of it is a little tilted, but they do look balanced when I tilt my head to match.
thanks! yeah I think I took that picture with my tablet camera, and my tablet is huge so it’s hard to stabilize.
Here is my expertly made pronunciation guide:
lol t…[Read more]
- Load More

No I haven’t, but it sounds fun. Is it a video game?
Yeah, it is. its kinda one of those… well… games you find on kids learning math and such websites… 😅
its still pretty fun though, my siblings and I still love it… lol
I might see if I can find it. XD
😄😄