@theducktator
Active 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
HighScribe posted an update 1 year, 8 months ago
British novels: Let’s go to a party and find a wife.
German novels: Let’s go to the wilderness and find ourselves.
Russian novels: Let’s go to the depths of despair and then find out there’s an even deeper level of despair we didn’t know about and go there. -
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
Also I love that quote about “not to speak is to speak, not to act is to act.” I might steal that for Alec’s board.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
It looks great! Does he play the violin? 😁
-
Enid replied to the topic WIP Suggestion in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
Heeeyy I saw that museum immortal animation too!! XD Out of all the YouTube videos, that’s crazy. Yeah, I bet it will be really fun to imagine and write.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
And no, you didn’t come off as rude!!! Talking to people with different beliefs and opinions actually helps me strengthen my own as well as understanding other points of view, so thank you so much!
And I’m sorry if I ever came off as rude hahaha
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Prayer really is important. God has given us this gift, we should ask Him to help us use it.
I completely agree!!!!
I also pray about EVERYTHING…like asking Jesus to help me pick out outfits or other random things lol
I totally understand how you feel *cries*
No matter how cringy it is, sometimes it is better…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
Ok, interesting to hear your thoughts! I won’t discuss it any further because I’m not on here to argue, but thanks for taking the time to reply!
I second that!!!! Thank you for answering my questions and giving me something to do lol!!!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Yep! I’m oaky with moving on. I’m been on an off in this RP anyway
-
Esther replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
Ok, interesting to hear your thoughts! I won’t discuss it any further because I’m not on here to argue, but thanks for taking the time to reply! :))
-
Enid replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
However, one this is one thing I know of that does help me. I find that something that motivates me is having people share it with me and give me some thoughts right away.
My first draft, as it is, is very undecipherable. However I am comfortable sharing things with my little sister and I’ll keep this in mind.
Keep in mind…
-
Enid replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
So… the first draft of Guardian Angels I literally started writing while waiting for a piano lesson
So real, though. I probably invented 50% of my early story concepts while waiting for piano lessons.
Sorry, don’t think I am qualified to help even if I could.
It’s okay! If you get an idea, shout it out, because I think anyone with exp…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Scenes in the forum Plotting 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m going to kind of repeat what other people have said. Get to know your characters better. Often when I’m stuck and I don’t know what characters would do but have an idea of where I want/need them to go, I will quickly make up a list showing the thoughts in each character’s heads like this:
Brother
- Really would like some ice…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
So, before I ever begin to write I pray. I write down the idea in my prayer journal and say, “Lord, here’s my idea. If you want me to write this book, give me the rest of the story” and He does.
This is really good. I need to do this more. And one of the major themes of book two of TNPT is trusting God!
8 drafts per book? Phew!…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I don’t think I’m quite the person to ask. I tend to hyperfocus on a single project and put any other story ideas to the back of my mind for later. I’ve only ever written two first drafts, and that was some time ago. So I am lacking experience in this area. (Looks like Ellette has you covered here though. @ellette-giselle, how many…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle @keilah-h @whalekeeper
I’ve done something similar once before when I worked on this, so I do have some idea of what I’m doing. (I think I’ve shown you this one before). It turned out all right, so I might eventually convert that cover idea I shared. Maybe I will make it my next drawing to protect if I have the time after I…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
You’ve certainly improved a lot!
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
It might be a bit longer before I post the next story. I have one story, possibly two that are already partly written before I post the next story. Sorry for the wait.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Aww, poor Riker. 🥺
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Scenes in the forum Plotting 1 year, 8 months ago
I would consider getting out a blank doc or piece of paper and writing what you know about the story on it. Sometimes it’s definitely hard to know where to go after scenes, and knowing the main goal of your story and what’s going to happen will help. I used to just write whatever I felt like, but for TCOH I’ve actually figured out a…[Read more]
- Load More

Lol, true.