@theducktator
Active 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle @whalekeeper @theducktator (your late, but fine, I will let you join. Last one.)
 Here is the link to what I have done on my outline so far. I’ve just written down everything I am confident with at the beginning. I will add my ideas for the middle part and what I know of the ending later (Maybe tomorrow. I should have time…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 7 months ago
Ah, hello intelligent being! And I would love to tell you all about my fantasy book I am writing!
Great! If you could point me to where you talk about it, that would be awesome:)
I feel I can be that way too…
Luckily we have the Atonement, so that we can progress and become perfected through Christ
Oh, that makes more sense, is i…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Name Help in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
and is psychotic. Typical girl things. (she is also a pyromaniac 😁 more typical girl things)
Pyro’s cousin?
lol
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Does this mean we won’t get a new section today? 🥺
-
HighScribe posted an update 1 year, 7 months ago
I was waiting at piano lessons (my brother goes before me) the other day and our teacher said something about ‘changing lanes’ and for a moment I wondered if I was in some bizarre dream where my brain was combining driver’s ed and piano lessons.
Turns out it was a song lol. -
Enid replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
*Comes in guns blazing* I shall defend Eric if needs must.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@theducktator @ellette-giselle
If we are going to compare a Narnia character to Eric, I think Eustace is a better fit. He and Eric are both kind of wimpy. And Eustace becomes a dragon.
Though I understand why you would grab Edmund, since Edmund betrays his family.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
They’re names are German! This is where you start to feel some of the German cross– beyond the complection. (Leon and Julian are also German names. Julian being the German version of Julius, which is very Roman. Little glimpse into the world of naming which is an obsession of mine.)
Ah. That’s a good idea.
Thank you for the pro…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I can see the dilemma. I think it is good that Leon and Julian are trying a more subtle approach. I think @hybridlore‘s suggestion is good. They wouldn’t have to lie then.
But they are going to have to come out with the truth eventually.
Leon and Julian might not necessarily take the correct option first as well. It might be…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
In this chapter, you did a better job of showing Leon and Julian are in a place they used to call home. And I’m not just referring to their comments upon seeing the village in the valley. Their interactions with the Klein family, falling right into the traditions, showed this even better than their words.
I like the feel of the…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
A possible option for them is to say they prefer worshipping in private, then they’ll obviously worship God and not the idols. But that is pretty close to a lie already and I don’t see that working more than once or twice. Probably the best thing for them to do is to just tell them.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I think it’s fine. They have to, in this instance, instead of just jumping at it when they don’t need to. Since Elishavet was the one who pointed that out, I would wait to see what she thinks, but I think that it’s fine.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Name Help in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
How do you say Ahava? Uh-hah-vah? I like it (well, I guess I shouldn’t say that when I don’t know how it’s actually pronounced, but it looks like it would sound pretty 😅). If you like it and can’t think of any particular reasons not to keep it, I’d say go with it.
As for Thomas… hmm… is there a certain style/ethnicity of…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Yes?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
What section? Kingdom Pen, why didn’t you tell me about this? *Goes back to read*
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m not sure I like that last comparison. Kalmar is amazing, and Eric…drives me crazy. No offense. I’m just still mad he betrayed Martha.
Who would you compare Eric to then?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Alan looks a good deal less….bookish?…..than Alcatraz (where did he get THAT name anyway? Who wants to be named after an island with a jail on it?) though
Alcatraz was named after Alcatraz the First, a famous occulator who lived around the same time that the pyramids were built. Alcatraz’s family frequently uses these traditional nam…[Read more]
-
Enid replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@anyone what classes do you want to do?
Barnes is overseeing some literature-related class, so there’s that
- Load More


