-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, thanks for your help. I really wish KP had more (or any really) articles on plotting.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Sorry I couldn’t help more! Plotting is just really new to me….so it’s hard to give good advice XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
@savannah-grace2009
Okay. Seems a bit vague to me, but I can work with that.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…that everyone must stay ten miles away from them, or else…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
The website says that the Hook is the inciting incident (so maybe I plotted wrong, XD). Apparently the First Plot Point is the point of no return, where your character takes action and there’s no going back. It’s the first significant event of the story.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…lazy. They are then…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Okay, so the hook isn’t exactly a plot point, and the first plot point is basically the inciting incident?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I will!!! I love them so much <3
-
Cloaked Mystery posted an update 2 years, 10 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @highscribeofaetherium @rae @acancello @keilah-h @beth-torres @calyhuge @trailblazer @esther-c (I think that’s all of our Character Party crew.)
I’m considering undertaking an illustration (or individual illustrations) of all our characters. Could everyone supply me with as much information as possible about their cha…[Read more] -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…their brains disintegrate with how easy it is and they become…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Hmm. Good question. I’m not exactly sure how to explain it,
partly because I don’t understand it that well. But from what I understand, the Hook is what grabs the reader’s attention. Like in my story, for example, the “hook” would be when Neveah gives birth to Hanna. It disrupts Sef’s natural world, however, it doesn’t really force her to…[Read more] -
Allison replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
🤣 Eloy and Cass are the perfect brothers! Please tag me if you write/post more!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Any member of the Diffi Cult found guilty of taking the easier and/or more straightforward path is subjected to…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
….in caves in the mountains, along the streets, anywhere that makes surviving as hard as possible…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…practically incapable of taking any useful action. The Diffi Cultists live…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
This is all I’ve written in the next chapter:
The next morning, Lilitu walked out of his room, wearing actual clothes this time.
He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Sef sleeping on the couch. Then all the memories from last night came rushing back. Why was she here? What had happened? Where were his parents?
Sef’s green hair f…
-
Allison replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
The ones Rae gave you are really good! Have you written the next chapter yet? (I want to see how this ends 🙂 )
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Reply Abnormality in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 10 months ago
Yes, I have noticed this for a long time. I think that it takes you to the next page, which doesn’t exist yet, and is therefore empty.
-
Allison replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 2 years, 10 months ago
Hugo is so cute! I love him!!! (the ammount of times I’ve said that is concerning…)
Lol! Thank you!!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
I’m not quite sure I get what the “First Plot Point” is and how it’s different from the “Hook.” It says that it “pushes the main character into the central conflict.” Isn’t that what a hook/inciting incident does?
- Load More

Ottoline has blonde hair that can appear pink depending on the lighting, and light pink eyes. She has a dark red beanie, and various scars on her arms. Umm she wears neutral colors I guess, like tans, greens, etc. (she’s my pfp, but you probably already knew that XD)
Okay. What types of clothing does she wear?
I really don’t know XD I guess I need to do some more worldbuilding! I see her as wearing a tan tee-shirt and some kind of leggings, but idk. Sorry! You can just draw her like that for now, I guess?
Okay.
No, he does not.
How big is his sword? And what does it look like?
Let’s see…
(Hope that works)
Its proportions are similar to that. It’s about 4’… 4”? Maybe? Long.
I’ll get some more detailed descriptions later.
Nahim has the red eyes ofc. Then pitch black hair contrasted to pale skin. His jawline and chin are kinda square. As far as clothes, in normal clothing probably grey or black Realn-style shirts with stiff collars. Pants are durable and easy to move in. Will sketch.
As far as armor goes, I’ll try to send some pics your way Tues Or Wed. Can’t…[Read more]
Alright, great!
I think you said Nora’s armor is blue, red, and white. What color is Nahim’s?
Nahim’s is a grey/black with carton like lightning bolts of bright yellow centers and almost orange outlines.
When I get the chance, the watercolor shows you that stuff.
He also has many armor markings…I tried to explain them, and I accidentally deleted it so, I’ll sketch them. I would wait a little to draw him, he’s kinda complicated.
I got a notification, so I saw it. Am I right in thinking that his weapons are on the right side and the pad where he gives commands to his armor is on the left?
Oh, and what shape are the crystal swords? Are they shaped like a normal blade, or is the blade more jagged and rock-like in shape?
Shaped normally. His is the style that can both slice and puncture.
As far as sides go, Nahim is skilled with a sword with both his left and his right, though prefers his right. Yes, he would hang it usually on the right but sometimes it is on the left. His holster is on the right, and set to be out of the way.
As far as commands go… He usually…[Read more]
Yeah, I get it.
Kari is 5’4″, slender, and fair-skinned. Her blond hair reaches just past her shoulders, and her eyes are a deep blue. She has delicate facial features (slim nose, thinner lips). She often wears jeans (at least during the colder months), with a plain shirt in either forest green, or lavender, or gray. Usually she’ll have a cardigan over that, too.…[Read more]
Carrie is thin and pale with lots of freckles on her face. She has very dark brown short, curly hair and dark brown eyes.
She wears dark colors. I’ll sketch a picture of her outfit tomorrow.
Snake’s name is tiny bit misleading lol. He has normal human body proportions I think. His tail is a bit longer than his legs, and his wings are one and a half times his armspan (but I’m assuming you’d draw them folded, unless he’s flying.)
For a reference picture…I could post one on the chat, because I wouldn’t trust what the internet has done…[Read more]
He also has prominent spikes on his neck and back. I’ll post some pictures of him and other Icewraiths soon.
So he’s basically a human, but more than twice as large, and with wings, a tail, and claws?
Yep, and talons for feet.
Oh, and his wings and tail are a pale teal color. His wings have a few dark green, tiger-like stripes close to where they connect to the body. His tail also has a few of those markings toward the end, and there are six small spikes on the tip–three on each side.
Here’s Hugo’s description..
Hugo is 5 ft 7in tall. Dark brown basically black shaggy hair (The length Grcr did is good) His dark brown eyes are kind of teasing and his face is usually pretty smug.
He can either be wearing a beanie or a backwards baseball cap, whatever’s easier. For shoes, he’s wearing black and white checkered Vans
His outfit…[Read more]
Ok let’s see, um…
So Amir has short, messy, brown hair; hazel (mostly green) eyes; a half-smile/crooked smile; tea colored skin; and soft facial features. I’ll post a pic of his clothing with a few extra details in just a minute. He stands about 5’ 6’’. I think that’s it. Let me know if that’s enough information. (: