@stephie
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 348
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I will NEVER start a book without a specific goal in mind. I had the end before I had the beginning. There is a certain amount of graphing that I do before every story, and you can be sure that all things will tie into the end of this book, or the plot of the next. I most certainly did outline my book. I’m sorry if you can’t see…
-
whaley's profile was updated 2 years, 1 month ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!??!?!
Wow it’s like you can read my mind lol!
Anyways….
I totally agree with what Whaley said.
The time jumps just take away so much from the story (even at the beginning where Aaron and Turin were working together) and it makes me lose interest. You do great at describing outside of the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace2009 @ellette-giselle
I can try XD
I think the focus needs to be waaay deeper. The writing is very much outside the characters’ perspective, and only tells the bare points of the story. So the orphanage endeavor feels random.
To compare it to something, the perspective is like a bird high in the sky. Everything below looks like doll…[Read more] -
FIREQUACKER posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
I used to be addicted to soap, but I’m clean now.
-
FIREQUACKER changed their profile picture 2 years, 1 month ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Guys we should bring this back XD XD XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
ISN’T THAT CRAZY?!?!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
SARA ACTUALLY WROTE FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Bwahahaha you guys aren’t going to believe what just happened
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Just popping in because I’m bored, lol!
I kinda agree with Whaley. The story just doesn’t seem like it’s going towards a specific goal…like the events seem a bit random and idk how to describe it but it’s like your story’s missing something but it frustrates me because I don’t know what exactly I’m missing, just that something…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
Hey peoplessss
School started for me today :/
Have I missed anything, lol!
I added a couple new chapters to my story…hehehe-
Good luck with school!
-
thanks girl!
-
-
Heeeyy. 😄
I’ve been reading all your chapters still!! I finished 33, like, a while ago, lol! 😁 I really like how you’ve “officially” included Livia in it, and I really like that last scene where she blows the Pythonos away!
-
OMC JULIA!!! <3
Hi!!! Aw thank you so much! For some reason I don't really like the last three chapters…but oh well XD everyone else seems to love them soooo *shrugs*
-
-
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ve already written the whole book.
Oh cool, this is a plenty-of-work-already-done thing.
why do you ask?
I was asking because I’m not sure what direction the story is taking. What should the reader hope to happen next? Both in Aaron’s arc and in the outward plot? – A sense of where this all leads. Because the orphanage plot w…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Are you using a normal arc structure/your own structure based off what you know about arcs? Or just thinking through the arc as you write?
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Have you outlined LTBL?
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
😊 Thanks. Yeah, they definitely need some development. I can’t wait to see how all three of them react in a situation like this and with each other.
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Just gonna share the link to my brain dump so y’all can see their face claims:
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theshadow @freed_and_redeemed @keilah-h @grcr @theducktator
M’kay! I’ve decided on another character duo! (Actually three characters, but I’m only gonna write from the POV of two of them) I need practice writing these guys since I don’t normally do first person, but their novel is going to be completely in first!
So! Without further ado….…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Here are some of the worst part of my old duck story draft. The worst thing is, I actually showed it to my arch-nemesis thinking it was good!!! I was thirteen. I should have known better.😬
“I know who this is!” she exclaimed. “It’s the rebel leader that we call The Dope! He held a meeting last night, which I attended as Arielle Teal. I’ve found o…
- Load More
