@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 11 months ago
Blog at writingandblog.wordpress.com
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 11 months ago
Recommended Kingdom Pen to a friend.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Oh, that’s adorable. I don’t have any writerly little siblings… yet… one of them shows promise…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
The end of The Warden and the Wolf King (last book of the Wingfeather Saga) made me tear up. I was in a bit of shock over what the author actually did. Has anyone read the Wingfeather Saga…very good books.
The end of Mockingjay made me cry too, but for the opposite reason…there was so much hopelessness and despair.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic These Critiques; I like them. Another! *slams down proverbial coffee cup* in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
And I love Pinterest. I just followed you, @wordfitlyspoken and was surprised to see you were part of the Rizkaland Legends board too. 🙂 And I love your boards too, @Spradlin. I’ll have to look though them sometime…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic These Critiques; I like them. Another! *slams down proverbial coffee cup* in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
And I love Pinterest. I just followed you, @wordfitlyspoken and was surprised to see you were part of the Rizkaland Legends board too. 🙂 And I love your boards too, @SarahSpradlin. I’ll have to look though them sometime…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic These Critiques; I like them. Another! *slams down proverbial coffee cup* in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
I love the end of that poem. And I love the word ‘wordsmiths’ and the part
who use words as swords
and pens like axes,I did think the next line taking down the foes of a flawed people was a little confusing.
And I don’t drink coffee either…hot chocolate is my thing. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic More Book Titles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
The Clashing come from a prophecy about how the two weapons (the shield and the spear) will clash.
I think I like Age’s Ending the best of the various ideas suggested. The only problem is that I don’t know if there’s enough mystery in the title. Titles don’t need to have mystery, I suppose…but it is cool when, part way though the book, the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Good topic! I also cried reading Little Women, in several different places, but I find the more often I read a book, the less likely I am to cry at the sad parts. So I tend to ration my re-reading based on whether or not I want to maintain my ability to tear up when sad or happy things happen. 😛
One book that still makes me chokey in my throat…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Any Bloggers Out There? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
I enjoy blogging…here’s mine: Writinginthelight.org
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic More Book Titles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Hm… I don’t think ‘The Clashing’ sounds cliche… no, it’s not that, I don’t think. I think it’s just a little… oh, what’s the word. Melodramatic? Maybe? Maybe a little videogame-ish?
But ultimately it’s your book— and since I haven’t read it through yet, I can’t offer an opinion on what would fit and what wouldn’t. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic More Book Titles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Hmm, The Slave King wouldn’t work for this story, though it’s a great title.
Age’s End is a good idea too.
What do you think of The Clashing? I personally like that title, though my sister isn’t sure about it and (since I’m not very good at titles) I don’t completely trust myself when it comes to titling sometimes.
But still…The Clashing Tw…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic More Book Titles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Hm… I like Age’s Ending. Only maybe it would sound more dramatic if you went with simply ‘Age’s End’.
And glancing through the titles, I sort of mixed and matched and came up with a few that may or may not be relevant… I’m just fiddling around and trying to be my innocent unhelpful self, so feel free to tell me to go away.
‘When Kings…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Oh boy… let me count the times…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic These Critiques; I like them. Another! *slams down proverbial coffee cup* in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Ooh… wow. There are other people like me out there! YAY! Actually I knew that as soon as I first found KP… and it was so encouraging… anyway.
I really love the theme of this poem (of course, since I can relate to it!) and it was very well put across.
There was one line I noticed whose cadence twisted a little oddly— ‘without ever…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you go back to read a book you loved when you were younger and are bitterly disappointed because the story you remembered is ‘ruined’ by bad writing.
-
Hope Ann started the topic More Book Titles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
I have a question of my own about book titles…more specifically, about the title of a book I’m writing. The original title was Legend of the Shield, which I discarded after discovering that was also the title of a comics series. Then it became the Shield and Spear…which I’ve had for awhile,but don’t care for. It isn’t snappy enough. Anyway,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It's Just a Little Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 11 months ago
Oh good! You’re almost done. Good stuff, huh? One of my favorite poems is the one that starts ‘Roads go ever, ever on, over rock and under tree, by caves where never sun has shone, by streams that never find the sea…’ etc.
Yes please do post a sestina— I tried to make sense of the pattern and I think I got it… heh-heh… maybe… sorta……[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Futuristic Weapons in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
anti drone drones…that’s cool. 🙂 What is really strange is when you make up something futuristic and then suddenly realize that people are doing it today. For example, a brother of a friend installs sound systems into the walls of houses. Also, they can work out settings for lights in rooms, so they turn on and off at preset times; various…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Introducing The Scratching Quill in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Just a line of color— a stripe running down the left side, maybe with a few understated feathery looking designs on it, like a picture frame. It probably should be no wider than the width from the left edge of the page to the edge of the white box that says ‘Home: Welcome to the Scratching Quill’.
Does that make sense?
- Load More
