@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Ugh… lucky you.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus It’s not a problem of people wanting to read the book…it’s the problem of getting a book with a huge word count published because the publishers can have limits. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus It’s not a problem of people wanting to read the book…it’s the problem of getting a book with a huge word count published because the publishers sometimes have limits. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic A Day in the Country Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to critique my poem, Daeus! I really like your suggestions. 🙂
-
Greta started the topic A Day in the Country Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Hey, everyone! I would love critiquing on this poem. Thanks!
A Day in the Country
By: Greta Dornbirer
Oh, where are you going,
On this sunny day?
To the country I’m a-going!
Why to the country?
The city you should try!
Oh no! The city is not for me!
For I prefer the country,
Where all is bright and gay!
The night is dark and s…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Hope Yes! The end of Mockingjay was very sad…and depressing.
-
Greta replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I know right! It’s so sad… 🙁
-
Greta replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I like that, Hope! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Criticize it!? It’s perfect!
All the more so because… I can do that. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@dbhgodreigns— yes, I know, it’s awful. I used to fret that my novels weren’t long enough, when I’d first started, and now I fret that they’re too long and no one will want to read them. 😛
It seems to be impossible to strike some middle ground.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Greta-D yes! Where the Red Fern Grows makes me bawl as well. And Old Yeller, though not in the same way.
-
Greta replied to the topic Those Tear-jerkers :'( in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I usually don’t cry during books, but I cried during Allegiant (I was literally bawling) and Where the Red Fern Grows (and I was bawling again 🙂 ). And I started tearing up reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and The Seven Sleeper Series.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I’m not doing NaNo…but here’s to all of you who are. 😉

-
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @hislittlerose. Sounds really neat. My schedule would not allow me to participate, but it sounds like something I would otherwise love to do.
And yes, I do like to write a lot. 😛 My WIP is currently 291,874 words in length. I’m going to be trimming a lot, but I may also add some stuff, so it’s anyone’s guess as to where it will end up. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It's Just a Little Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @hislittlerose! I definitely see what you’re saying. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bad heroes, messed up protagonists, and character arcs in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Yeah. Okay. I like that. We could do that— the piece of cloth. So does he lose it or give it up?
@Hope— he changes as far as I know. 😛
So here’s a question. What makes him change? Is it Alex? If so, how?
-
Greta replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Ivy: Yes, it’s so sad when you forget it. :'(
You know you’re a writer when you get very emotional about killing off one of your characters.
-
Haley Long replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@belegteleri
I’m excited to see other young writers doing NaNo!! I try to recruit at least one or two writers into doing this. 😛
This is my fourth year of doing it and successfully completing NaNo so I might have a few tips. Daeus had a good one about exercising. Word wars are great. Setting a word count to write each day is also another good…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Bad heroes, messed up protagonists, and character arcs in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
And then, maybe near the end of the story if he changes, he could give up the fabric as a picture of giving up his bitterness (for some reason I assume he’s going to turn good; am I right about that?)…it could either be something he decides to do. Or he could be forced to used it for something during the climax.
Or, perhaps he could lose it…[Read more]
- Load More
