NaNoWriMo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Rosey Mucklestone
    @writefury
      • Total Posts: 467

Not officially joining. But I’m still trying to finish my book within the month of November.

Haley Long
      @hislittlerose
        • Total Posts: 24

@kate-flournoy NaNo is pretty much like a writing exercise in so many words. It is a contest in its own right and if you do complete the 50k in one month you do get an award and a print out and it keeps a record of it.
        It is not a curriculum, though you could use it as a writing tool/challenge.

It got started when a small group of guys came up with the insane idea to write 50k in one month. They began their challenge in the month of July and then decided to make it a contest for other writers who are struggling with just simply writing anything at all. There’s a book written about it and includes tips for surviving NaNo written by the guy who started it all. 🙂

Heehee. You like to write a lot I take it? 😛 You can go over 50k. I plugged in 200k in the wordcount tracker on the website and it accepted it so you can go as far as you want!

I’m not on the YWP, but I am on the NaNo site. If any of you are on the NaNo website and you want to find me I go by the name of Lisette Scarborough on there. 🙂

Haley Long
        @hislittlerose
          • Total Posts: 24

@belegteleri
          I’m excited to see other young writers doing NaNo!! I try to recruit at least one or two writers into doing this. 😛
          This is my fourth year of doing it and successfully completing NaNo so I might have a few tips. Daeus had a good one about exercising. Word wars are great. Setting a word count to write each day is also another good one. Rewarding yourself for writing so many words. This is effective. 🙂 Those are a few to start with. 🙂 I hope those help you out!

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Thanks, @hislittlerose. Sounds really neat. My schedule would not allow me to participate, but it sounds like something I would otherwise love to do.

And yes, I do like to write a lot. 😛 My WIP is currently 291,874 words in length. I’m going to be trimming a lot, but I may also add some stuff, so it’s anyone’s guess as to where it will end up. 😀

David B. Hunter
            @dbhgodreigns
              • Total Posts: 89

291,874 words! Yikes! That’s a lot of words!

Shaina
              @jenali
                • Total Posts: 142

This will be my second year of doing NaNoWriMo. I finished my novel last year, but I didn’t make it to the word count. I still called it a success! We will see if I have a success of any form this year…

My advice would be to write every day. Even if its only 200 words. Write every day so you keep the creative juices flowing!

The Scattered Writer

Hope Ann
                @hope
                  • Total Posts: 1092

I’m not doing NaNo…but here’s to all of you who are. 😉

writing

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

David B. Hunter
                  @dbhgodreigns
                    • Total Posts: 89

@Hope Yes, and don’t use any contractions. (Oops I used a contraction)

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

@dbhgodreigns— yes, I know, it’s awful. I used to fret that my novels weren’t long enough, when I’d first started, and now I fret that they’re too long and no one will want to read them. 😛

It seems to be impossible to strike some middle ground.

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

Here’s my theory. It doesn’t really matter how long your book is. All people want to do is buy a good book. They don’t necessarily want to read it so size doesn’t really matter. Your job is make the cover and summary so appealing that people must buy it. Then you must make them finish it whether they intended to or not, because after reading the first chapter out of duty, they will be so attached to your story that they won’t be able to sleep at night but must read it instead.

That is my theory. Feel free to criticize it.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy

Criticize it!? It’s perfect!

All the more so because… I can do that. 😛

Daeus
                          @daeus

Yeah, that’s why it’s my theory.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                            @hope
                              • Total Posts: 1092

@Daeus It’s not a problem of people wanting to read the book…it’s the problem of getting a book with a huge word count published because the publishers can have limits. 😉

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Hope Ann.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
                              @daeus

*Cringe* God help me!

I think I can keep it under 200,000 words though

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >