@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Got what right?
You’d better come back on here quick, @sarah-h, before this topic devolves into complete silliness. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus! that is a logical fallacy!!!! It’s called Equivocation. Equivocation on the word sacrifice. Yes. Quite serious, actually. 😛
I did laugh once I got it though. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Um… what?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Haha! Killing them both is definitely not the solution. 😛
As far as writing clean romance goes, it’s really pretty simple. Keep it clean.
Okay, it’s a little more complicated than that. 🙂
Something I’ve found very helpful is observing my mom and dad, who are two of the most in-love people you’ll ever find. So that’s a quick tip.
As far as…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Right! Okay— I see it now. Yes. Tons of potential there. Wow… I’m mocking logic. I can’t believe it. That’s just… so… so…. I can’t believe it. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh oh oh I just discovered a new kind of comedy! I mean I didn’t discover it… but I noticed it for the first time. 😛
I’m not exactly sure what to call it, so I’ll give the example that finally got my attention.
Okay, so this man and his wife are driving down the road and they almost hit a skunk. The wife goes, “Oh no, that was close! What would…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What genre is this? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 9 months ago
Great! Wonderful! Glad it works— you’re right, it does fit. There ya go! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
HAHAHA!!!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Haaaaa… that’s hilarious, Daeus. I saw another one of Ted Cruz as Captain America. 😛
And you have a good point there, @writefury— it made me think of something. There are technically two different categories of humor— I just realized that. One is intellectual humor, the other… what do you call it? Slapstick?
Intellectual humor I would…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What genre is this? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 9 months ago
Hm… you have a point. I didn’t think of King Arthur… well, maybe you could just call it plain ‘medieval fantasy’, though that might have the same difficulty.
One of the things fantasy fans (take it from an expert on the subject) love is the vivid, vivid cultures and the unusual aspects of a wholly different world that define fantasy in its…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What genre is this? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 9 months ago
Historical fantasy. 🙂
Perfectly great— perfectly fine, perfectly okay. Only fantasy fantasy has to be fantastical. 😛
As for the style question, reading through what you’ve posted so far I’m going to say it reminds me heavily of a lot of classical authors— specifically (guess who) Alexandre Dumas. There are a few minor differences, but it’s…[Read more]
-
Haley Long changed their profile picture 10 years, 9 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Middle Troubles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@ivy-rose oops, sorry. I had a fleeting thought that you’d probably see this thread and get some spoilers about the next book (though only a few since I don’t know all that happens yet myself). As for Sean…shall I tell you or make you wait in suspense? 😉 Except it won’t be for nearly a year, so I suppose I’ll tell if you wish…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Middle Troubles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
A pepper bomb…and with everyone used to high tech weapons they’ve no defense against such an old-fashion burning hindrance. 😉
Enigma will be changing, kind of like what you suggested. Well, it has several layers and each one keeps getting worse as they figure it out. Except the government doesn’t know about all of it…But if her father died…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Middle Troubles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
A pepper bomb…and with everyone used to high tech weapons they’ve no defense against such a burning hindrance. 😉
Enigma will be changing, kind of like what you suggested. Well, it has several layers and each one keeps getting worse as they figure it out. Except the government doesn’t know about all of it…But if her father died in…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Exactly.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Middle Troubles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
What?! That you make me laugh???
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
AAAAAACK! Help! Attack of the killer elbow noodles!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Building off of your idea, @Hope… an evil baron with an allergy to broccoli.
A brilliant leader obsessed with spaghetti.
An evil scientist who has a soft spot for frogs and macaroni.
A weak, timid protagonist who has an uncontrollable affinity for any and every reptile in existence.
Something along those lines? You’re right— that would be…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Middle Troubles in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
You make me laugh so hard, Daeus. 😀
Well Hope, my idea is similar to Daeus’s, but I’ll post it anyway. What if the dad was taken (for whatever reason— trying to save Anna maybe as Daeus suggested) and they experimented with their (or Daeus’s) new Enigma thing on the dad.
Maybe there were problems they needed to clear up about their new and…[Read more] - Load More
