@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus Wait, rewrite the future? How can you do that when it’s not even happened? (and how can I put a line like than in some story or another? Unless you’ve claimed it, of course.)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@writefury I suppose that’s true. That is true. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
The second person part of me can be very sarcastic too. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Ah, poor Cobalt. In with the bad guys, is he?
I don’t think Denholm’s going to stop being banged up and banged around until the climax finally finally comes and goes. Everything’s gone wrong for the poor guy lately.
It’s okay. He forgives me. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The CleverNav in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh boy this thing made me laugh.
I’ve absolutely nothing to pick on except one thing. I noticed you use subject sentences a LOT. So many of the sentences began with ‘I’ or ‘Me’ or ‘The etc.’ You might try breaking up that pattern a bit— it can sound a little strange.
But otherwise this was great. Sterling has a very distinct personality (so…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@hope shhh! *shocked voice* I’m not ready to declare myself in the public market yet! *looks around stealthily, lowers voice* I’ll tell you a secret— you are my guinea-pig.
😉 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Also, does anyone know if, after you publish a kindle book, you could edit or add to it? Like if I published a novella and then, a month later, wanted to add a page at the end with contact information or a free book or something like that? Could I change it or do I need to make sure everything is done before I publish it?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Actually, @kate-flournoy is designing my cover. 😉 I’m currently planning on doing the rest of the formatting. And I did just get that book, though I’ve not read it yet.
And I don’t know if I’ll just do kindle. Right now I basically want to have two novellas to build my mailing list though, to start with, I am going to attempt to publish…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes!!! Same here; I asked my sister that question and the look she gave me still makes me laugh.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Second person. Always second person. 🙂
-
Hope Ann started the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
I’m preparing to publish a novella on Kindle and have learned a few things about how to tag and market it, but I’m wondering if anyone here has firsthand experiences about actually publishing the thing? What sort of accounts or programs do you need? What type of format and resolution does the cover need to be? Do you need to have a bank account of…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
A random and slightly crazy question…judge me insane if you wish. Most people say they talk to themselves, but what they consider talking to themselves and what I consider talking to myself are two very different things. It would probably be more accurate to say I talk with myself. Anyway *takes deep breath*…do you talk to yourself in first or…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Okay, wow, thanks for the info. So much of the research I’ve done on indie publishing has come out gloomy and negative, but maybe I just didn’t search deep enough. I’ll definitely keep those books in mind.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dear me, I've been selfish in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 9 months ago
Well Daeus. We forgive you.
Sounds like a really, really helpful book. Thanks for sharing! I would love to self-publish… but so many times I’ve heard that self-publishing is a no-no for an author who doesn’t already have a wide reader platform. Maybe that’s not quite as true as it sounds…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
@mas410 Thanks; I have fun with my blog.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Structure nut is very obliging.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alright, I'm starting HERE. Hello. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Don’t worry, M.K. @the-happy-bookaholic corrects everyone’s grammar on here. It’s nothing personal. 😛
And that poem— wow. As structure goes, I’m don’t know how it was, because I’m not a structure nut (@Daeus is, if you can get him over here) but the words and the raw emotion touched me very… earnestly. You conveyed so much so briefly— or…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Well then Denholm would die of poison and the whole world would crumble in ruin, quite simply. 😛
It’s okay— that almost happened anyway, because they were discovered halfway through the camp and he was very, very badly wounded.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Thanks @Daeus and @writefury— the drink is not important. So I conclude it was a good description as descriptions go, but unnecessary, which cancels that out. 😛
Thanks guys! I’ll make it seem less important. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Yes— it's Another One in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 9 months ago
Gotcha @Hope. Thanks— you’re right.
Quick question for all of you here— how was the description of the drink? Specifically, did I spend too much time on it?
- Load More
