@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Like this @hope ?
A 100y year old little lady who is a complete tech savvy. 🙂 -
Greta replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
That’s perfect! @kate-flournoy 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Evil dragons with long teeth who are scared of the dark.
-
Hope Ann started the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Firstly, the topic title is based off a chapter title from somewhere. I wish I’d thought of it myself, but I didn’t.
Secondly, I thought it would be fun to have a ‘mix-up’ thread where we can share random ‘opposite type’ idea, contradictions in characters, and things that aren’t normally done, like a middle-aged woman being transported to a…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Ooo, I like that idea! @writefury
-
Hope Ann and
Sarah Spradlin are now friends 10 years, 8 months ago -
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Hope, I don’t have a Pinterest, but I could use Google images. Thanks for the ideas! 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
@anna-brie Hello. Glad you’re here on this, the most awesomeist of writer forums! 😉
-
Hope Ann posted an update 10 years, 8 months ago
@spradlin I just wanted to say that I’m interested in opportunities to help with Kingdom Pen if help is needed. I know there was something posted about that awhile back, and I mentioned helping in an e-mail, and I think it was forwarded to someone, but nothing ever came of it… 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic KP Needs Your Ideas! in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 8 months ago
This isn’t an idea, but I just want to say that I love the weekly prompts. I want to try to enter more this year, but it’s fun to be able to write up short scenes or see what other people have written up.
One thing which is a random idea…it would be cool if there were weekly or semiweekly good Christian writing music posts, with a section for…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Do you have Pinterest @gretald? When planning characters, it helps me to find pictures of them. I can’t always do this, but most of the time I can find one. And, strange as it may sound, the picture (as well as the name) quite often helps me in developing the character…it suggests all sorts of possibilities about if the character is serious,…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Or maybe he is obsessed with marrying the MC and that is why he brought her to his castle, but she refused with vehement obstinance, so he sought the 9 powers so that he he control her to his will, and then found out that she controlled the 9 powers …
xD @Daeus
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
What I was asking is why he wanted to control them— why he wanted power, why he wanted prestige. It seems a little cheesy to me that he would want them simply for their own sake— simply because he’s wholeheartedly black and finds pleasure in them for the destruction he can wreak with them. What does he want to accomplish with them, and why?<…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
No, I actually agree to some extent with that @Daeus. What I was asking is why he wanted to control them— why he wanted power, why he wanted prestige. It seems a little cheesy to me that he would want them simply for their own sake— simply because he’s wholeheartedly black and finds pleasure in them for the destruction he can wreak with them.…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus, Yes! I completely agree. There has to be a happy medium between forcing the Biblical principals and you-can-do-whatever-you-want-because-God-will-love-you-anyway. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus, Yes! I completely agree.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Exactly @Daeus. Exactly.
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy, great suggestion! I’m definitely going to work with the plot…what I wrote is by no means set in stone. 😉 I’m definitely going to work out why the villain wants the 9 Powers; it actually drives me crazy in stories when the villain has no particular purpose for destroying things and terrorizing people…he just does because he’s…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Exactly! @Daeus 🙂 We can’t avoid the rules in the Bible (kind of like assuming there is a God in novels, it should also be a given that the morals of the Bible are true), but we don’t have to outline them in our stories.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I might— just a quick suggestion. Work with your villain a little. Why does he want to control the nine powers? Is it just because POWER and PRESTIGE? Is it just because he’s SOOOOOO EEEEEVIL?
You can make him more complicated and interesting than that, I know. 😉
- Load More
