-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Aw me too! That was so funny XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh my goodness, congratulations!! That’s so exciting!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
1. Is it boring?? I’ve been really scared that this doesn’t draw you in and isn’t interesting.
Nope!
2. Is Sef relatable? Can you really feel her and does she become real in your mind?
Yes, she’s definitely relatable!
3. Was there anywhere that you were confused?
Hmm, I don’t think so, since I’ve read most of to before, but I d…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c Wow! I really like it so far! It pulls you in really well, and I like the cliffhanger type chapter endings. I’ll try to answer the questions!
1. Were you drawn into the story right away?
Yep!
2. What are your first impressions of these characters? (Specifically the MCs. I know some of y’all already know these charries, but just p…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh my goodness!!!!! I am so happy for you, and so proud of you! I am so lucky to get to know you as a friend on here, and I’m celebrating right with you, girl!! You have to let me know how editing/publishing goes!!!
Well, Pitts are explained later in the book, same with Rippak and Godede Waters. I didn’t want to explain everything…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Heres the answers to your questions!
1. Is it boring??- Nope! I love the characters and how you describe the little things like the table, the trees the overall feel of the room.
2. Is Sef relatable?- Yes! As I’m reading, theres parts that pop out to me like ‘Oh I act just like that, I know how that feels.’ Like when Sefs…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c @freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @highscribeofaetherium @jonas @whalekeeper @euodia-vision @hybridlore @loopylin @trailblazer @rae @janellebelovedpig @felicity @karissa-chmil @landric @booksbyjayna @everyone!
I DID IT!! I’M DONE WITH THE ROUGH DRAFT OF MY FIRST NOVEL!!!!!!!Oh my gosh this is so…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @smiley @esther-c @rae @hybridlore @keilah-h @lightoverdarkness6 @whalekeeper @acancello @mineralizedwritings @vinagirl
Okay, I really have been working on this chapter a bunch, and I would like to know you’re guys’ thoughts! I know some of you guys have read this chapter, but I was wondering if you had any…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I would be such an emotional wreck 😭😭😭 LIKE FINISHING A NOVEL!!! THAT IS SO AMAZING!!
-
Allison replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I’m typing the last words now😭
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Girl I love Ami and Ev!!! I love Ev’s personality, I wish I had a friend like him XD
1. Were you drawn into the story right away?
I kind of agree with Min, it seemed really abrupt, and I was a little confused at first. But the action also made me want to see what happened next, so it drew me in, but only because I was confused and…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
OH MY GOSH GIRLLLLLLL!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I LITERALLY FREAKED OUT WHEN I READ THAT YOU’RE FINISHING THE EPILOGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!! <333
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Idk…I just feel like that way has much better writing and is just more emotional XD
if I’m being completely honest here… sometimes hooks are overrated…. 👀😂
lol!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Aww that was so sweet I love it!!
-
Allison replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much! 💗
-
Allison replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
YES!😭Â I’m finishing my big novel up right now!!! Its 85k words unedited so I’m feeling pretty good about the length.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @vinagirl @hybridlore
It was a dry, dry summer. The crops suffered, and Pa worried that they wouldn’t grow to full height in time to produce. There was also the constant fear of prairie fires. Some nights the horizon glowed orange, from the wild, consuming flames miles away.
I finally found the courage to talk to C…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I may answer all your questions later, but for now, I am drawn into the story.
BUT
I see potential for this story to be better if you had at least one chapter before this that introduced us to daily life with the Orb. It would drawn me in more, and make us care about Ev and Ami more than just plopping them and the plot in our laps off…[Read more] -
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
team libbie and albert here! oh its so good! Your writing style is so consistent and its got the perfect 1800s vibe.
Thanks! I went through a huge Laura Ingalls Wilder phase as a child, so it’s only natural that I write a story along the same…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“Yeah, I get that. I mean, you don’t get punished for messing it up, you’re just corrected. If you’re born Realn it’s as natural as walking, and putting your left hand over your heart just feels like a crime. If you’re not…it seems like a bunch of silly rules. Why not use the left hand, your right might be busy?” Nora sto…[Read more]
- Load More
