-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah I think that can count! That is a good movie!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
My grandparents used to give ornaments to each of us grandkids every year! They stopped once we reached a certain age, and started giving us money instead. I liked getting ornaments but it did fill up our tree lol.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Aw, that was so sad! I really liked it though, tag me if you post more.
Oohhh, I like it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, it was mentioned in the dialogue, but I guess it might be easy to miss that.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! I fixed the stall part in my document, but it won’t let me edit my post anymore.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
So, the king has been traveling for a while. He wasn’t aware of the rules put on the people by his regents, who he’d appointed to take care of the country while he was gone.
When I wrote it, I was trying to create sort of an allegory. I know it’s not perfect, but that’s what I was thinking when I came up with it. The king is meant to…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Much better!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
I added a few sentences that hopefully resolve it a little better? I’m not sure. Do you still think it’s missing something?
… I can’t believe I didn’t see it before—who he was. The suspicion has grown inside of me for weeks, strengthening with each day that passed. When the guards disappeared from the marketplace. When the curfe…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Look up, I botched your simple tag.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@jomas @highscribeofaetherium
A menthol is what a cough drop is called. It’s on the couch drop bags in the stores.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Paper isn’t allowed, but non-gun weapons are.
Well, at my Dad’s work, menthols aren’t allowed places, yet he always has a razor knife in his pocket.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Alright! XD Thanks, I appreciate it.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think Gregory would definiately interrogate Junior, since Junior has an unregistered pet and boots already! This could get interesting!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
My thoughts are the same as Jonas, but a horse “pen” is correctly called a stall. If the horse is in a field outside, or a fenced in area, it’s called a paddock. If you need horsey terms, just tag me.
-
Smiley replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah I had way too much fun writing it XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Got it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I knew it was pretty obvious. I’m not sure how else to write it (where it’s not obvious) in such a short word count.
So, yeah. As soon as I posted it I was like, oh, I need to add something that talks about how the rules/guards have been changed. Really when I wrote it I was thinking it’d have a few more scenes, but then when I got…[Read more] -
hybridlore posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
It’s almost 2024 … 😳
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Ugh, I know, that’s the worst. Maybe try Nameberry? I usually go there for names.
-
hybridlore started the topic Critiques for a short story I wrote? in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c @jonas @highscribeofaetherium @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @whalekeeper @rae @kyronthearcanin @trailblazer @anyone-interested
Hi! I wrote this short story… I think last week, and I would love any critiques or advice you guys have. I’m not really sure if the ending is timed right… but anyway, I’m excited to see what you think! The…[Read more]
- Load More
