@smiley
Active 1 year, 7 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2243
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Some questions about characters in the forum Characters 4 years, 7 months ago
I hope you don’t mind if I pop in here!
1. Yes, I felt that way about Imogen from the Ascendance Series by Jennifer A. Nielson. She was nice, I guess, but I didn’t really connect with her. I think part of the problem was that she had like zero personality.
2. I’m going to go with Orion from my WIP. I would pick 2 or 4 for him. I absolutely hate…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Developing A New Story Idea! (Help? XD) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Your story idea sounds great! I have one question before I begin making suggestions: what would be the “powers” the siblings have? Do they turn into those creatures? How does that work?
-
Annabelle replied to the topic My Website is Up and Functional! in the forum Publishing & Platform 4 years, 7 months ago
Yay! That’s great! Your website looks so pretty. You did a great job designing it!
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Bonifer is worse than everybody. He’s like… the worst villain. EVER. That I’ve read about at least. There could be more evil or dark villains out there… but Bonifer is just so well-written for a villain. Andrew Peterson did a great job creating him.
Ambition, bitterness, and pride… Those are pretty good traits…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Good point. I mean, Natalia is pretty much the whole world in the Green Ember, so Garten kind of did ruin the world… but Bonifer kidnapped a baby and lied to the baby’s mother. So that’s pretty bad.
Antagonists… They can be so difficult. We don’t want them to just seem like the same old bad guy from cartoons or whatever. They have to…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Ugh, Fangs. They’re disgusting.
Bonifer is worse than Garten, in my opinion at least! Garten was pretty bad though… I agree, Bonifer is well written. I need to use some techniques Andrew Peterson used for him on my villains. My antagonist always seems kind of dry.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel, @elishavet-pidyon
I COMPLETELY agree with you guys about Bonifer. He’s worse than Gnag himself! He RAISED Gnag! He always makes me so angry too! I mean, he betrayed all of Aerwiar. I never forgave him after I found out.
I kind of forgot about Weaver. He was pretty bad too.
@koshka, I think that Fang’s name was Slarb. And…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Okay, yeah, I understood what you were saying I guess I just communicated my understanding poorly. Janner is not Christ, just his sacrifice was something to be admired. Yeah, Janner did make a lot of mistakes… I think that’s what made him such a realistic and relatable character. Real humans make mistakes, and so did…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the motivation! Maybe I should write some Wingfeather fanfic for my next blog short story of the month… that’s a good idea. Yeah, if and when I write some, I’ll let all you guys know!
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I got it, and read all of it! That is so good! I’ve tried to write that scene over and over and I’ve failed every time, so that’s pretty impressive that you’re able to do that.
When I was reading the part about Artham and Kalmar unwrapping Janner’s body… I started to cry again. I’m a very emotional person xD.
I also…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, you’re right, Janner’s death really does complete the story. He is kind of like a Christ character; a person to model yourself after. Good point!
I found it! But then I clicked the link and it said I don’t have access. I typed a message in the box it gave me so I can request access. I really want to read it!!!
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Author Conservatory in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 8 months ago
Sorry, I haven’t been in the Author Conservatory, but I’ve heard of it and it sounds good. I can’t give you any advice on that, unfortunately.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Also, what doc are you talking about?
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
IKR? I felt the same way when I first read about Janner. And he had just become a better, braver, more awesome person than he had started out to be. Then he had to DIE. He just had to die. It should have been Kalmar! Andrew Peterson… Tell me why you killed him! Why?! *begins to cry*
Okay, yeah, I still haven’t really gotten…[Read more]
-
Annabelle and
Ava Coulter are now friends 4 years, 8 months ago -
Annabelle and
TheLobsterLover are now friends 4 years, 8 months ago -
Annabelle replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hey, sorry for not replying right away! I think your post got lost in my notifications!
Wow, you are such a great artist!!! Those drawings are TOTALLY Maria. I might have to ask you to draw my other characters too if you don’t mind doing more. Thank you so much for doing that!
Thanks for checking out my blog, too. I’m hoping to…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Yes, I did just join YDubs! It’s great! I thought I recognized you from somewhere too LOL
My current WIP is called Identity, and it’s part of a series called Daughters of the Sea. It’s about mermaids.
So you’ve read all the Wingfeather books? Who’s your favorite character? What did you think of the ending?
That’s okay! I have trouble thinking o…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Sorry for being so late in responding.
Those are all great authors! I love Little Women.
So my main character, Maria, is actually half mermaid-half human, so do you think you could draw her as both? If not, then you can just draw her as a human. She has super long brown hair, blue eyes, long dark eyelashes, and she is fairly…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! It’s nice to meet you! I’m Annabelle, and I’m a thirteen-year-old fantasy writer. You can check me out on my blog, https://annabelle.batie.com.
That’s cool that you like to draw! Since you offered, do you think you could draw my MC, Maria? If you want to, then I can give you a description of her.
What are some of your…[Read more]
- Load More
