@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Snapper replied to the topic New Form Topics in the forum Announcements 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Handwriting on Touchscreens in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@donnieclark I must admit that I have basically no knowledge of handwriting on touch screens…or anything to do with computers really. It’s good to meet you though! Where are you from?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Jewelry Business Name in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@shannon Um… how ’bout ‘Freestyle Jewelry’? Nah, that sounds like swimming. 😛
‘Feather Rings’
‘Spectrum Jewelry’…wow, that sounds really sci-fi.And I can’t think of anything else.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I need a little bit of critique help! in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@shannon Hmmm…for some reason the link isn’t working for me. Could you try posting it again?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Handwriting on Touchscreens in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@donnieclark I don’t know much about writing with handscreens…or whatever you want to call them, but I’ll tag some people who might possibly be able to help.
@daughteroftheking @shannon @daeus @kate-flournoy @ingridrd @leumeister @supermonkey42
-
Snapper replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I haven’t had time to read the other posts, but I will. It is bookmarked!!
So.
Inspiration eh?
*cough*
I had this problem.

For six months.Which is why I’m going to help you get out of it.
The way I survived those six months was by writing the first story idea that came to my head the day that I got it. Of course, now I…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I need serious help in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 My advice? Write! And don’t worry about everything being perfect just yet. Write as much as you can, take a break/get some fresh air, then come back and write some more. That usually works for me. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic I need serious help in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Yikes! That’s scary!
My advice is to not be a perfectionist at the moment. Just write. Time yourself even. Turn off all the internet (unless you use google docs). Do a word war with someone. You can edit everything later on. Just write.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I need serious help in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Oh dear. That sounds stressful. *Super Obvious Woman strikes again!* I have been in similar situations, and something that helped me is to limit all distractions. This is probably super obvious. But, I’ve found that if I can get myself to focus as completely as possible on my paper, it helps. I turn of the lights and close the blinds,…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Glad to hear it!
Me likey this thread. So many good ideas.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Rebirth Of Classical Music in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@donnieclark Yes, I think that modern classical music is sometimes a bit… odd. It sometimes feels like a composer was working out a new musical “theory” and the finished piece is his “equation,” merely a collection of notes that look good on paper and are theoretical genius but musical randomness. Film scores and bands such as the Piano Guys are…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Hmmm…I find it’s very helpful to go outside. Sometimes just sitting on my front porch while it’s raining, or while a soft breeze is blowing can remove my writer’s block. Inspiration is everywhere. 🙂
Also, if you’re looking for a new story to write here are a couple ideas: a story from the perspective of candy on halloween, a s…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Thanks! You can do it. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily LSIMHBIWFEFMTALOL. 😉 Once I hugged a guy who looked like my dad…that was awkward. He looked to see who in the world was hugging him and I just ran away. 😛
-
TheAcornman replied to the topic The Rebirth Of Classical Music in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@donnieclark I take it you’re new to KP. Welcome! You have some interesting ideas and I can see where you coming from. I being a violin player understand a little of the complete historical autheticity and elitism. Do you like any genres besides Classical?
-
TheAcornman replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 You can choose to completely ignore this. But for me if writers only ever relied on inspiration they’d hardly ever get anything done. It is fantastic when you do get inspired, don’t get me wrong.
Sometimes, however, you have to force yourself to write. Even if what you are writing feels horrible. Even, as you say, when inspiration is…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I need inspiration! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 *sneaks in unnoticed like a Ranger* *suddenly speaks up and makes everyone jump* Surprise surprise, I also struggle with this! But, here are some things that help me out when my inspiration decides it needs to be somewhere else.
– Think out loud. I’m an introvert that likes to mull over things in my head, but it helps me if I’m forced…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing *blushes* Thank you! *wanders away in compliment induced daze* Seriously, y’all are so sweet.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Getting sick is terribly unfun. *glowers at the computer* Yes, unfun is a word, computer! Take that squiggly red line away. Oo, an underwater prison. Tricky. Coding, as in computer coding? That’s neat!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jessi-Rae I need to go to bed now too. Yay for you! Good job! I need to catch up… I’ll get there though. 😉
- Load More
