@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Snapper replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Here-ing.
@inkling-for-christ Ah! Nice topic! 😀
Challenge: Show
Setting: Fell off a tree
Cat watched Dog balance on the branch, wobbling then proceeding to bark every so often.
“When are you going to fall?” Cat asked, licking her paw.
Dog snarled, “You got me into this mess! Help me!”
“Don’t chase me,” Cat said.
Dog bristled, his…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ *rubs paws together* Let’s kick this off!
Challenge: Show
Setting: The feeling of winning a competition
Justin smiled and blinked rapidly in delight as Mr. Parker honored him with the trophy. When he took it, he barely kept himself from tossing it into the air.
How’s that?
@dragon-snapper, Come here!
Your challenge i…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Congratulations, @aislinn-mollisong!
@that_writer_girl_99Â Let’s see……
How to Get Inspired to Write when you’re Stuck:
- Take notes. That’s the left-brained thing to do. I would take notes on the plotline and the characters’ motivations to let yourself know how exactly things are going to turn out for them, and how they react.
- Listen to…
-
Daeus posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
You happened to mention that you couldn’t wait for part 2 of my course to come out. There’s danger to that. 😛
I’ve got part 2 all scripted and I just need to write the homework and then record it. I’m planning to write all the homework this week.
I don’t know what your schedule is like, but if you’re interested, I could…[Read more]
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
Never Ren. Always Vader.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@devastate-lasting You go to your profile settings (by clicking your name) and go to edit, and there’s a box you can put your signature in. Warning: there’s a 100 character limit, so it has to be pretty short.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa *lowers voice* *puts on spy sunglasses to feel sneakier* Ah, I see. When we make them, we usually don’t eat them either.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Yeah, if you think of Snoke that way it does make him seem like a better villain. We was just nonchalantly killing all the rebels and torturing Rey, and laughing the whole time.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@devastate-lasting She fell into his arms? Why don’t I remember this?
Oh, well. The mask scene was cool enough. I don’t need an ultra-dramatic scene.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Did you or anyone else notice that the Jedi texts were aboard the Falcon at the end of the movie? When Finn opened a drawer to get Rose a blanket, they were all in there. I looked it up, and it’s official. It’s kind of disappointing to me, because it’s undermines Yoda telling Luke that he needs to let go of the Jedi Order.
So, when…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Not only did you ship Ren and Rey, but you also called Snoke cute…
I’m just gonna go melt a chair.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Yeah, I Renreyed (new word) the moment Ren took his helmet off.
Which isn’t really like me, but… the movie made me do it!
Btw, guys, you gotta understand that Snoke was actually really cool. Not because he was a scary villain, but because he wasn’t a scary villain. His perpetual good humor is something you almost never see…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Go for it!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper Actually, I agree with everything you said but somehow I STILL like TLJ better than TFA. I think the characters were WAY better in TLJ, and that was what did it for me.
- In my opinion, Rey was actually a little flat in TFA (*prepares for onslaught*), and she improved in this one. She finally let go her hope of finding her…
-
Lady Iliara replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
#RenandRey
Yeah. I didn’t ship it at all in the Force Awakens, but now I do…SO MUCH
We watched it on opening night, which was super awesome because my sister and I dressed up, plus there were a ton of people, and the whole crowd clapped at various points in the movie…the opening title (of course), the fight between Luke and Kylo, Luke’s dea…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Also a Kapeefer (especially an extroverted fangirling/boying one) regards other Kapeefers as celebrities
( @ethryndal, I have proof of that on your blog XD)
-
Joy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
Then there’s one thing I couldn’t stand was that Leia was able to save herself from outer space using the force. Does everyone have the force in these new movies?
I don’t know the fine points of Star Wars, but I have heard that Leia doesn’t use the force. So reading that, I was thinking… Did someone else save her? I wonder… *wi…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17Â HAHA That’s funny! My sister used to eat paper. I wonder if you would like @mariposa‘s dinosaur…
Did you have a favorite Magic Tree House book? I liked those, too 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Ah! @dekreel I asked this same question 11 months ago. Here. *shoves link above at you* Five pages of helpful goodness. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Never. STAR WARS IS NOT A ROMANCE.
Okay…so am I the only one who actually does not like this one as much as Force Awakens. I know I posted earlier, but I’m thinking about it more.
*prepares for everyone to retaliate*
I found Snoke a little disappointing. In the Force Awakens he was a mysterious…[Read more]
- Load More

Of course! I would love that! Thank you so much!
Thanks @aislinn-mollisong,
Your email is Molly Player, right? I’ll send you the lessons tomorrow — I won’t have the homework ready for a couple days.