@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Joy and
LivGiordano are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano That’s okay — not a lot of people here watch TV 🙂 My favorite is Doctor Who.
I like movies, too! What’s your favorite? Mine issss…. I have several, all of which are animated. Inside Out, Home, Despicable Me, Finding Dory, and probably a few others that I’m going to head-desk over because I forgot it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, somebody already asked my question. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
I’m a YDubber too, though I don’t get on the community much.
What’s your favorite fantasy book?
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Heyyyy, I’ve seen you before! 😉
WELCOME TO THE BESTEST PLACE IN CYBERSPACE!!! I’m so glad you’re here 😀
And now for my trademark question: What are your favorite books and TV shows (sorry of these questions have already been asked….)
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Warning: this is my personal preference, not facts.
<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Well, I personally think they’re over used and almost always the same, but it could be done well I suppose. If I see someone who suddenly discovers they can create fire in a book or movie, my instant thought is “here we go again.”</span>
Or…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
I agree with everyone else, but I’ll add one thing: Look up Turkish composite bows. Those things were used by ancient Turks and are just about the best bow you can get. They used layers of animal horn, sinew, and wood to make the bow snap. As a result, they could shoot huge distances, like 400 meters. Of course that required…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Ohhhh, I LOVE writing to TONS of music. lesse…
- Fresh Aire (electronic music, most of it is very good)
- You, Me & Gravity (Planet Coaster soundtrack. EXCELLENT)
- Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack (your basic LOTR music)
- Touch the Strings by Mark McCain (SO underrated!!)
- Various classical music (especially for…
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Welp, I’m signing off here. I edited the first part of the KPA (at least I think it’s the first part… *scratches head* *grimaces*) It was great to see you!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered … Just how many P&P movies are there?! It’s confusing me! XD
What’s your favorite TobyMac song? Mine is “Undeniable.” There was one time when that song made me cry. It’s SO good! X’)
You know what’s funny about TobyMac? Every time he publishes an album, it’s better than the last one. His first solo album, Momentum,…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered I dunno, I just kind of picked it up *shrug*
TobyMac! *high five* He my favorite artist next to Hollyn and Swtchfoot!
I get Veggie Tales songs stuck in my head. It’s really annoying XP
Do you like soundtracks? My favorite soundtrack is called You, Me & Gravity. It’s for the new game Planet Coaster (which is a LOT like…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered *unsure of what to say* Um… You’re welcome! 😀
So I have heard rumors that you like music. I like it, too! What’s your favorite genre? Song? Instrument?
I like instrumental a LOT, and I have no idea what my favorite song is. My favorite LYRICAL song is “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. And my two favorite instruments…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Hello!! Glad you could join me! 😉
I’m excited about your new blog! I have it bookmarked
-
Snapper replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, books….
Um………………………….
I just looked at my bookshelf and realized that besides Artemis Fowl, I don’t have a single sci-fi book on my shelf. Maybe that’s why I like writing it. I don’t have any……
Sorry. 🙁
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 The only sci-fi I’ve read is A Wrinkle in Time, and it’s really good! I would highly recommend it 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic First time writing historical fiction in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 You don’t have to do this, but if you want to write a really in-depth historical fiction story, I’ve read that you don’t want to just read about the time period, but you want to read in the time period. Read the books that were famous at the time, preserved letters from the time period, newspaper articles, etc.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd @aislinn-mollisong @dragon-snapper @anyone
I’m seeing what I can do with the KPA if anyone wants to join. Unless you’re in school…
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 OO, they all sound good… but I have to say #3 and #4 are my favorites. Do you have one you are especially interested in?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Wait, did you just hijack your own thread? *raises eyebrows*
ANYWAY…
*thunderous applause* CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! This calls for… wait for it…
*STORM OF CONFETTI! AND GLITTER! AND CHOCOLATE!* (messy storm)
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
….. Wow. You guys…. I am much more confident about the original KPA thanks to you! I have learned something today! I don’t know what to say! Except… Thank you! Thank you SO much!
I will try my hand at writing the original and see what happens 😉
- Load More
